ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar @ Radford Thoughts

Well the Roanoke Times picture on Facebook seems to show something different. I was on Radford side and the hit was extremely late.
Were you there or were you listening on the radio? Previous post you said the radio said?? Nevertheless, late hits happen all the time in todays game, it hard to pull up at full speed, especially when your focused on the ball carrier, it’s not as easy to just stop as you would think. Glenvar got penalized for it, and got penalized plenty throughout the game, when the kicker got hit, the ball was tipped, the trajectory of the ball changed, by rule, that’s not roughing the kicker!! The game was called lopsided.

I can tell you when Radford beat Floyd on the last play of the game they didn’t act like Glenvar.
The difference was Radford was supposed to beat Floyd. Radford was supposed to beat Glenvar, they were jumping up and down on their side of the field!! They didn’t run to your side and dance!! They celebrated on their sideline as they should. Radford showed their butts, y’all’s qb flipped off Glenvar side as he walked off the field. Y’all’s qb started the scuffle during hand shake.

• Wow
Reactions: Gridiron1960
Yes, they are much better when they are healthy. I've been toting the Glenvar train all year even with the early losses and even after the Floyd loss because I knew they were injured. They are very talented on the line of scrimmage and when healthy, a problem. I wrote on here that Glenvar could win the region if healthy. I'm not saying they will, but they are good enough. Many folks just continued to count em for dead early on and it was all Radford, Appo, and Martinsville, and I warned you guys Glenvar was a serious problem if and when they get healthy
All facts. You made a whole thread about it.

Were you there or were you listening on the radio? Previous post you said the radio said?? Nevertheless, late hits happen all the time in todays game, it hard to pull up at full speed, especially when your focused on the ball carrier, it’s not as easy to just stop as you would think. Glenvar got penalized for it, and got penalized plenty throughout the game, when the kicker got hit, the ball was tipped, the trajectory of the ball changed, by rule, that’s not roughing the kicker!! The game was called lopsided.
I watched every second of the game live. I left the stands and got into my vehicle and turned the radio while the parking lot empty and listened to what they said. Believe it or not it’s possible to do both. You ever heard of a radio with headphones??

Your comments come off as if Glenvar were innocent and being picked on by the officials. Once again I saw the late hit and like another poster said it was to send a message not about a player not stopping momentum.

The difference was Radford was supposed to beat Floyd. Radford was supposed to beat Glenvar, they were jumping up and down on their side of the field!! They didn’t run to your side and dance!! They celebrated on their sideline as they should. Radford showed their butts, y’all’s qb flipped off Glenvar side as he walked off the field. Y’all’s qb started the scuffle during hand shake.
Radford’s QB actually flipped off Glenvar side? Don’t most teams celebrate if they win on the last play of the game? It seems Radford barely got by CBurg, Floyd, and were expecting to get by Glenvar and when that didn’t happen maybe some bad sportsmanship reared its ugly head. One thing for sure, Region C playoffs are going to be some good games to watch, full of several quality teams. Glenvar proved anything can happen on any given night. Good luck to all going forward.

Reactions: oldfool2
Radford’s QB actually flipped off Glenvar side? Don’t most teams celebrate if they win on the last play of the game? It seems Radford barely got by CBurg, Floyd, and were expecting to get by Glenvar and when that didn’t happen maybe some bad sportsmanship reared its ugly head. One thing for sure, Region C playoffs are going to be some good games to watch, full of several quality teams. Glenvar proved anything can happen on any given night. Good luck to all going forward.
Yes, I was sitting on Glenvar side.. After the scuffle that broke out during the hand shake, when Radford was leaving the field, the qb,#7, flipped off Glenvars side..I’m a Salem fan, so I just wanted to see a really good ball game. I can’t stand it when officials don’t call the game fairly, I have no dog in the fight, as far as being a fan for Glenvar or Radford.. If Glenvar would have ran to the other side of the field and celebrated like I’ve seen some teams do, then I would be calling Glenvar out on it as well.

Your comments come off as if Glenvar were innocent and being picked on by the officials. Once again I saw the late hit and like another poster said it was to send a message not about a player not stopping momentum.
They were!!! Most of Radford big plays, there was holding and the white cap was looking right at it.. so yeah, it was called lopsided against Glenvar.. All you have is a late hit.. I saw the hit as well, it was on FFE, it was zoomed in so I saw it very well, it happens almost every game In high school football..

I watched every second of the game live. I left the stands and got into my vehicle and turned the radio while the parking lot empty and listened to what they said. Believe it or not it’s possible to do both. You ever heard of a radio with headphones??
Slow down there Ke-mo-say-bee.. I’ve heard of those radio headphones back in the late 80’s and 90’s.. didn’t realize they were still a thing and that people use them at high school football games🤷‍♂️.. It was just a question.

Glenvar had the discipline and a better executed game plan last night. Radford had the better athletes. When the game is close as it was last night, the discipline and the better game plan usually wins in 4th quarter. If they play again, it will be another great game.

On another note: The Radford coach would be well advised to tell his QB to let his play do all his talking and to quit mouthing off the expletives before, during, and after the game and to keep his middle finger to himself. Both his mouth and the finger aren't doing Radford's football team any favors.

Last edited:
What I saw was a team that got exposed and show lack of discipline, all of what you need to be successful in the playoffs .
I agree with you. The behavior of the QB was simply unacceptable and he needs to have consequences. Great athlete on both the court and the football field, but needs to get the chip off his shoulder It matters not how much talent we have, if our team is undisciplined and turns into a mental basket case, we will not last long in the playoffs.

I agree with you. The behavior of the QB was simply unacceptable and he needs to have consequences. Great athlete on both the court and the football field, but needs to get the chip off his shoulder It matters not how much talent we have, if our team is undisciplined and turns into a mental basket case, we will not last long in the playoffs.
I want to commend you for not defending your QB’s actions. Sometimes fans try to justify actions of players but I’ve found you to always be a straight shooter. He does need consequences or it will eventually happen again if he cannot control his actions/words any better. I’m just not sure Crist will hold him accountable.

I have been a coach (not football) for 16 years. If this were one of my players, he would be writing a written open apology to Glenvar and Radfords players and fans along with a statement that this behavior won't happen again. Until he did, he would not practice, let alone play. Clear the air and move forward. There are things more important than winning football games.

Most people I know would rally around him but I don't know if that is possible or whether the coaches even care. One thing is certain...he is a great hs athlete but his reputation for this behavior is already known far and wide.

I would agree ! If I am the opposing team I would know that this guy is a lose cannon and if you get under his skin he will lose it , same thing happen a few years back if you remember the kid from Richlands when they played Stuart’s draft and he lost it and. Cost him the next game and just killed his team the next week in the championship game against appo,

I would agree ! If I am the opposing team I would know that this guy is a lose cannon and if you get under his skin he will lose it , same thing happen a few years back if you remember the kid from Richlands when they played Stuart’s draft and he lost it and. Cost him the next game and just killed his team the next week in the championship game against appo,
Yes I do remember that!

I remember it well. The player's name slips my mind. That kid was an incredible player and that was a huge loss for Richlands.

Reactions: Stabler1980

I was being generous when I said 2 feet
Not so extreme

All the no calls. Radfords line holds like crazy, never called. The touchdown, the kid didn’t maintain control out of bounds, should have been an incomplete pass would have been 4th down for Radford, all the non face mask calls. Not giving Glenvars coach the timeout he called for then giving him an unsportsmanlike because he got pissed and let you know about it. Terrible reffing in this game.
Then at the end of the game during hand shake, Radford showed there ass, Not a fan
HAHAHAHA, amazing. The refs missed plenty of holding and block in the back calls on Glenvar. I've watched the film. Glenvar should be ashamed of the 4 personal fouls (two of which were blantly with intent) and a fan harassing a Radford player coming off the field and a different fan cussing out a staff member. I'm sure Radford fans did there part but it wasn't one sided. And Glenvar stayed on the field so long(over 30 min) that the police finally asked them to leave and they still didn't leave. I don't think Radford hung around at Floyd so long they were asked to leave.

Reactions: toughy299
I saw the hit out of bounds and to me it was obvious that Glenvar was saying “we are here to be physical”.
Not so sure the credit Appo is getting on here isnt from days gone by. This team ain’t what once was!
Maybe the loss will refocus Radford and make them a better team as it sounds like there are some “individuals” right now.
Glenvar has always been well coached and came to play anytime I’ve seen them.
That hit was so far out of bounds it injured a photographer.

Reactions: toughy299
Things always look worse in real time.. I took a screenshot from FFE video.. he was about a foot out of bounds.. and Glenvar got penalized for it..
Where’s this amazing still frame so we all judge it. Since you are supposedly a Salem fan it looked as late as the one Ron Adams did on a Salem player many years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT