ADVERTISEMENT

Good move Mike or Matt

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
That thread on the Class 3 forum had significantly deteriated, and was begging to be locked down. And it's a shame, because it's a topic with lots of opinions. And those opinions could lead to understanding, if only everyone would avoid the personal attacks.

My complements to Clarkefan for trying to intervene but offering sensible advice.

Reactions: matthew328826
That thread on the Class 3 forum had significantly deteriated, and was begging to be locked down. And it's a shame, because it's a topic with lots of opinions. And those opinions could lead to understanding, if only everyone would avoid the personal attacks.

My complements to Clarkefan for trying to intervene but offering sensible advice.

Do you mean the Class 2 forum?

Some things can only be solved face to face, not on a public internet forum.

Nothing is going to be solved on a public internet forum. People on forums like this are much less prone to being civil than they might be in person. Internet message boards are low-hanging fruit for many who just want to castigate or blame entire groups of people. I’d be fine with any thread that starts turning political being shut down immediately. If one is interested, one can find those “discussions” literally everywhere else on the interwebs; we don’t need it here, too. In my humble opinion, of course. There are too many positive stories of athletes and coaches in all sports going untold to devote forum space and time to pointless rounds of politics-based insults.

Unfortunately I didn't see the thread so I assume Matt or Dan shut it down. If I would have seen it I would have shut it down.

This is a good time to remind people that the easiest way to alert me of a problem is to hit the tools button at the bottom of the post in question. Once you hit tools, hit the report button. This is anonymous, but it will alert me to a problem. I usually just shut down a thread, but I can also warn a poster(s) or remove them for repeated violations. Thank you for your help in trying to keep the board civil and on topic.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT