ADVERTISEMENT

Graham and King William Hilight Thread.

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Let's post some game recaps from local news outlets showing some hi-lights and game recaps for each team in anticipation of the big game. Not talking about Hudl Hi-lights, everybody has looked those up. Let's get together some good clips and game summaries from the local media to get hyped up for this game. I'll start with a re-cap of the Graham-Appo game.

Not the best re-cap of this game I have seen, but it will do for now. Feel free to post multiple re-caps of the same games. Can't wait until Saturday!!

Reactions: KWcavs360
Let's post some game recaps from local news outlets showing some hi-lights and game recaps for each team in anticipation of the big game. Not talking about Hudl Hi-lights, everybody has looked those up. Let's get together some good clips and game summaries from the local media to get hyped up for this game. I'll start with a re-cap of the Graham-Appo game.

Not the best re-cap of this game I have seen, but it will do for now. Feel free to post multiple re-caps of the same games. Can't wait until Saturday!!

kW vs. Central

I wish I could find the video of Claiborne winning the 100 meters in the state championship in June. He pulled away from everyone

Reactions: gwb16
Man KW is lethal with that zone read, Robinson can make on pay big time if you crash hard on Claiborne. Add in the threat of the other Robinson downfield, the PA zone read with QB Robinson having option to hand off inside, keep it and hit the edge or drop back and hit WR Robinson deep is almost.impossible to defend.

But I believe Graham will be the most physical and toughest defense they've seen all year and has athletes at least comparable to Claibrone and both Robinson's with guys like Bradshaw and Clements. But Graham needs to be healthy, if Blevins can't go on D it's a huge loss, he was SWD DPOY.

Reactions: gwb16 and KWcavs360
Man KW is lethal with that zone read, Robinson can make on pay big time if you crash hard on Claiborne. Add in the threat of the other Robinson downfield, the PA zone read with QB Robinson having option to hand off inside, keep it and hit the edge or drop back and hit WR Robinson deep is almost.impossible to defend.

But I believe Graham will be the most physical and toughest defense they've seen all year and has athletes at least comparable to Claibrone and both Robinson's with guys like Bradshaw and Clements. But Graham needs to be healthy, if Blevins can't go on D it's a huge loss, he was SWD DPOY.

Graham’s defense is going to need to play lights out to stop KW. Blevins is a big loss on D. Losing the other starter on D, Sawyers is huge too. The coaches will need to game plan accordingly and make in game adjustments as needed which they are good at doing. I hope it’s good enough come Saturday.

I definitely agree that Graham will be the most physical team and best team that KW has faced this year. From a physical standpoint, IC Norcom was probably the most physical team KW has played thus far. They didn't have the best record in 3A this year, but they did beat Booker T Washington in the regular season and BTW was the team that beat Lafayette in the playoffs. As for the Norcom game, KW did win that game 37-12. I know everyone talks about Bradshaw, but I am just as impressed with Clements. He's not very big, but runs hard and is extremely fast himself. With him being in the backfield, he will probably end up getting more touches than Bradshaw and can hurt KW as much as anyone.

I definitely agree that Graham will be the most physical team and best team that KW has faced this year. From a physical standpoint, IC Norcom was probably the most physical team KW has played thus far. They didn't have the best record in 3A this year, but they did beat Booker T Washington in the regular season and BTW was the team that beat Lafayette in the playoffs. As for the Norcom game, KW did win that game 37-12. I know everyone talks about Bradshaw, but I am just as impressed with Clements. He's not very big, but runs hard and
is extremely fast himself. With him being in the backfield, he will probably end up getting more touches than Bradshaw and can hurt KW as much as anyone.

Clements is quick , good balance, and has an eye for the field. He’s only a sophomore. If he can hit the weight room and bulk up some, he could be even more lethal. It’s going to be fun to watch him develop the next two seasons.

Graham’s defense is going to need to play lights out to stop KW. Blevins is a big loss on D. Losing the other starter on D, Sawyers is huge too. The coaches will need to game plan accordingly and make in game adjustments as needed which they are good at doing. I hope it’s good enough come Saturday.
Bevins is a beast! I’ll be really upset if he can’t go on offense or defense or both. He runs the ball with authority and punishes defenders.

Bevins is a beast! I’ll be really upset if he can’t go on offense or defense or both. He runs the ball with authority and punishes defenders.

He won’t be on defense I’m sure, probably limited on offense like the past two games. His presence is needed even if limited, he’s a leader on the field. I just hate he got hurt. He plays with such heart and is just a beast as you said.

Reactions: gwb16 and KWcavs360
He won’t be on defense I’m sure, probably limited on offense like the past two games. His presence is needed even if limited, he’s a leader on the field. I just hate he got hurt. He plays with such heart and is just a beast as you said.
That’s a shame.

Has the eldest Meadows been playing full time on defense in the playoffs? They need him to gobble up blockers and allow the LBs to take proper angles on Claibrone early bc if he gets in open field with space, he gone.
Man I hate that for Blevins. He was a monster at LB, they will need someone to step up big time.

Has the eldest Meadows been playing full time on defense in the playoffs? They need him to gobble up blockers and allow the LBs to take proper angles on Claibrone early bc if he gets in open field with space, he gone.
Man I hate that for Blevins. He was a monster at LB, they will need someone to step up big time.
Yes , Brody has been playing but they switch the guys in and out a lot. We do have a little more depth than the past couple seasons which helps. Blevins hasn’t played D the past two games. They’ll definitely need to stop Claiborne before he hits open field or he’s gone.

I definitely agree that Graham will be the most physical team and best team that KW has faced this year. From a physical standpoint, IC Norcom was probably the most physical team KW has played thus far. They didn't have the best record in 3A this year, but they did beat Booker T Washington in the regular season and BTW was the team that beat Lafayette in the playoffs. As for the Norcom game, KW did win that game 37-12. I know everyone talks about Bradshaw, but I am just as impressed with Clements. He's not very big, but runs hard and is extremely fast himself. With him being in the backfield, he will probably end up getting more touches than Bradshaw and can hurt KW as much as anyone.
Clemens has really emerged as the season has went on, if KWKW struggles to stop him early, it'll really allow Graham to open up the offense and create favorable matchup for Bradshaw. Is KW a man to man team or a zone team?

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Yes , Brody has been playing but they switch the guys in and out a lot. We do have a little more depth than the past couple seasons which helps. Blevins hasn’t played D the past two games. They’ll definitely need to stop Claiborne before he hits open field or he’s gone.
I know they were kinda using Meadows situationally on defense earlier in the year to make sure he was fresh on offense where he's more comfortable but they'll likely need him to play a ton of snaps on the DL to try and create pressure on the QB and close up any gaps. Man the Blevins injury is such a bummer, can the younger Meadows be counted on at QB to go downfield if he's forced into action?

I know they were kinda using Meadows situationally on defense earlier in the year to make sure he was fresh on offense where he's more comfortable but they'll likely need him to play a ton of snaps on the DL to try and create pressure on the QB and close up any gaps. Man the Blevins injury is such a bummer, can the younger Meadows be counted on at QB to go downfield if he's forced into action?
Meadows was tabbed to be the starting qb before he got hurt early in the season, the starting job went to Blevins and we see how that worked out. Meadows is more than capable and he does have a good arm to go downfield. Bradshaw went 2 for 2 passing this past saturday also.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
When Meadows gets his pad level low and fires out of his stance, I've not seen him struggle to block anyone, no one. If he gets a little tired and plays a bit too tall, as almost every OL is guilty of at times, even elite ones, players can occasionally make a play but that's not very often. KW looks to be very big at the LOS but I'm not sure they're had to deal with an OL that as a group, is as big and strong and aggressive as Graham with Meadows leading the way.

So 1 ticket will get u in and u can watch both games if u do not leave, is that correct, first game should be a great game, not so sure about the second game

Reactions: 19GHS87
In the 2nd qtr of the Graham and Appomattox game, Meadows did something I've never seen before on defense in High School. He took the left guard for Appomattox, and picked him up, and literally through him at the QB and it almost resulted in a sack. I know that sounds crazy or dramatic, but so help me God it actually happened. I couldn't believe what I had just watched when it actually happened.

Reactions: gwb16 and 19GHS87
In the 2nd qtr of the Graham and Appomattox game, Meadows did something I've never seen before on defense in High School. He took the left guard for Appomattox, and picked him up, and literally through him at the QB and it almost resulted in a sack. I know that sounds crazy or dramatic, but so help me God it actually happened. I couldn't believe what I had just watched when it actually happened.
I actually think Meadows at DT may be the most important asset he brings for this game in particular. He is a monster of a kid, so he can create havoc inside and that's the hardest pressure for a defense to deal with, pressure from up the middle from a down lineman. It would really allow Graham to stay at home on the edge and try and keep Claiborne in front of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT