ADVERTISEMENT

Graham G-Men 37, Richlands Blue Tornado 10

oneforthehokies

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 16, 2013
The G-Men did this on that road at Richlands without all everything Lester. Lester was ejected for targeting with about 8 minutes left in the first quarter. The Graham team we saw last year in the playoffs is the one that showed up in Richlands tonight, even without Lester, the ODU commit. When that one shows up, things can turn quickly bad for the opposing team.

Reactions: 19GHS87
The targeting call was a bad call. It was all shoulder no helmet. The D showed up tonight big time. Blevins stepped up when needed most after the ejection.

Ejection was unwarranted. Richlands coaches after game even said it was a good hit not targeting. Truth being told , it hurt Richlands way more than Graham. Graham players got really fired up and pissed off over the call and outplayed Richlands rest of the game. Hands down without Lester most of the game, Graham still took Blues to the woodshed.

Reactions: obguthr
By rule, targeting is a 15 yard penalty in high school and no ejection unless deemed flagrant with intent to harm. No way did that warrant an ejection. Good news for us Graham fans is the defense finally showed what they are capable of and Graham proved that they have multiple offensive weapons that are capable of stepping up when needed. If they continue to play like this, they will be very hard to stop. Defense was sharp and was very physical. We have been waiting all season for the defense to perform this way. Graham needs to play with this intensity come playoff time if they expect to make a run. If the defense can continue this type of effort they can make a deep run.

Considering what Richlands did to us, it's scary to think Graham beat them that bad on their home field without their starting QB. That's a statement type win. When I saw this score posted last night, I couldn't believe it. I figured Graham would win, but close.

Considering what Richlands did to us, it's scary to think Graham beat them that bad on their home field without their starting QB. That's a statement type win. When I saw this score posted last night, I couldn't believe it. I figured Graham would win, but close.
I still say Region D is up for grabs among the top 4 teams. Whoever runs that gauntlet will likely be our state champion. D just seems stronger this year.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT