ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna @ Radford now Saturday at 1pm Updated at 4:29

eastspartan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Mar 1, 2009
Due to Radford’s Volleyball team making it to the State Final the game has officially been moved to Saturday.

Just talked to a player that said still Friday night is what he was told today. Can't decide on time Saturday. Gretna wants 2 and Radford insists on 11. Wants Gretna to have to get up at crack of dawn and make that two hour bus ride.

Just talked to a player that said still Friday night is what he was told today. Can't decide on time Saturday. Gretna wants 2 and Radford insists on 11. Wants Gretna to have to get up at crack of dawn and make that two hour bus ride.

Yep . Team needs to get there approximate 2 hours before kickoff. At least 2 hour ride on unpredictable interstate 81. Team needs to grab a bite of breakfast before leaving. Did I mention that they have to travel to school to catch bus. And be ready to play at 11 !!!!!! I think thats reasonable LOL.

Christiansburg high school 1pm. Blacksburg is playing there at 7 Saturday also. Brand new astro turf.

I’m just kind of stuck on why would anyone in their right mind want to kickoff at 11:00? Glad it’s not at 11, but why? I think any type of football game before noon is nuts

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Radfords field does not drain well at all. Since Gretna has more overall team speed, I think they’ll benefit more on the turf.

Radfords field does not drain well at all. Since Gretna has more overall team speed, I think they’ll benefit more on the turf.
I agree. The change to turf should help Gretna. Not saying it's enough to beat Radford but speed kills and a turf field definitely benefits fast teams like Gretna. The question will be how Gretna's handles the defensive pressure of the Radford D-Line and blitzing Linebackers .I think it will be a good game but you just never know in the playoffs.

I agree. The change to turf should help Gretna. Not saying it's enough to beat Radford but speed kills and a turf field definitely benefits fast teams like Gretna. The question will be how Gretna's handles the defensive pressure of the Radford D-Line and blitzing Linebackers .I think it will be a good game but you just never know in the playoffs.

Radfords defense has been lights out since the Galax game. Only giving up 7 points per game. I think the offense is still a work in progress

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT