ADVERTISEMENT

GurskyT

Hey footballjunkie. I'm not too sure what they have going on over at Annandale, but looking at their 6-4 record and reading the predictions/recaps by VaprepsRod each week, it sounds like they have improved a lot from their previous seasons. I think their lack of playoff experience alone is going to hurt them here. They have given up some points this year too, so I think Battlefield will have room to score. I have been kind of high on Battlefield all season, and their record, points scored, and points allowed compared to last year shows that they have improved a great deal as well. Allowing just 13 points to one of the highest scoring teams in Virginia last week was a nice accomplishment heading into the playoffs. In the one game that I watched Battlefield play and from what I have read, still a trademark Battlefield offense that thrives on balance, but it seems like they are a little more dangerous throwing the ball down field than they have been in previous years. Between their balanced offense and defense that has played well all season, they have been a really consistent team and I don't think they will get into a close shootout with Annandale like they did with Langley last year. Did Battlefield return both of their RB's that went down in the Hylton game? Or just Parker?

Battlefield 38
Annandale 14

I am hopping on the PWC / Battlefield / Patriot bandwagon for 6A North! I want to see somebody from PWC knock down at least one of the three headed monsters in Westfield, Centreville or South County!
smokin.r191677.gif

Annandale was 2-8 in 2012 with 49.0 ranking and 166 PF and 360 PA.

Annandale was 1-9 in 2013 with 45.0 ranking and 154 PF and 360 PA.

Annandale is 6-4 in 2014 with 74.3 ranking and 302 PF and 265 PF.

My hat off to Annandale for showing much improvement in 2014 which is good for the team and the fans.

In 2014:
Annandale beat Stuart 28-12, Oakton 14-10, TC Williams 61-40, Lee 41-6, WT Woodson 73-56, and West Potomac 31-21.
Annandale lost to Falls Church 14-12, Lake Braddock 28-17, West Springfield 35-10, and South County 49-15.

The strongest team Annandale beat in 2014 was West Potomac which has 4-6 record, 72.1 rating, and 189 PF and 307 PA. By comparison, Battlefield has 9-1 record, 93.4 rating, and 329 PF and 121 PA..

How well will Annandale do against Battlefield? You need to look at the Lake Braddock, West Springfield, and South County games and that should give you an idea. Lake Braddock and South County are ranked a bit above Battlefield, and Battlefield is ranked a bit above West Springfield.

GurskyT is probably right on the mark when he said Battlefield would win 38-14.

This post was edited on 11/13 10:06 PM by BlueFan

Thanks GurskyT and BlueFan

Parker is back 100% healthy and had a great game against Patriot, Drzal dressed last week but didn't see action… might with a win today he could get some PT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT