ADVERTISEMENT

GW 21 JF 7 Halftime

Graves definitely looked like the best RB on the field tonight. I was expecting a close game but I guess Bob meant more to JF’s success than I gave him credit for. My question with GW is what team will show up? This team tonight could win the region, may come out the following week and lay an egg. I’m hopeful they can continue to play like this. Graves definitely looks like he could have a record year. I read last week on DSH’s sports page that he has 8 rushing touchdowns in 2 games. Now he has 14 in 3 games. He’s a special kid.

Elon is on the verge of offering and Army has jumped in as Well Watlington has been offered by
W&M and UMAss McDuffie has been offered by W&M and VSU NC State Called him this past week and and Walt Bell HC At UMass called him this week

Elon is on the verge of offering and Army has jumped in as Well Watlington has been offered by
W&M and UMAss McDuffie has been offered by W&M and VSU NC State Called him this past week and and Walt Bell HC At UMass called him this week
McDuffie is a real talented kid. Remember discussion on here that he wouldn’t be an impact player. He and Jackson are two impact players on that o line. McDuffie will be a Big 10/ACC player.

Reactions: gweagles1
Since Wesley and Tyler are being mentioned in this thread, here's a side by side comparison. :)
tylerwesley.jpg

My first post on the boards but I am happy what I am seeing so far. A couple mental mistakes away from being 3-0, but credits to Dinwiddie for an excellent game. GW has nothing to hang their head on with Dinwiddie playing Massaponax and North really close. GW will have two more very good teams coming to JT Christopher when Magna Vista and Glass comes to town. I think both will probably be playing late in November so GW will have two more good tune ups before the playoffs. If GW continues to run the football they way they are, I have no doubts that they’ll be able to play with anybody in Region D.

My first post on the boards but I am happy what I am seeing so far. A couple mental mistakes away from being 3-0, but credits to Dinwiddie for an excellent game. GW has nothing to hang their head on with Dinwiddie playing Massaponax and North really close. GW will have two more very good teams coming to JT Christopher when Magna Vista and Glass comes to town. I think both will probably be playing late in November so GW will have two more good tune ups before the playoffs. If GW continues to run the football they way they are, I have no doubts that they’ll be able to play with anybody in Region D.
They are running the ball great and playing really well on offense right now BUT they are also giving up 31.6 points per game so far. They will need to improve things a lot on D if they want to make a deep run in the playoffs. In comparison, Glass is giving up just 3.5 PPG and Blacksburg just 13 PPG so far respectively.

Reactions: lyhsports
They are running the ball great and playing really well on offense right now BUT they are also giving up 31.6 points per game so far. They will need to improve things a lot on D if they want to make a deep run in the playoffs. In comparison, Glass is giving up just 3.5 PPG and Blacksburg just 13 PPG so far respectively.
I’d disagree about the defense. Surely there is work to do, but a lot of those points are because of poor special teams play. Dinwiddie had 2 kickoff returns for TDs and Amherst had 1. No team has started a possession any worse than their own 35 yard line. When you give a good team like Dinwiddie that kind of field position, they will make you pay. A good percentage of that 31 PPG comes from the Dinwiddie game. They absolutely shut Cupit down the other night which is a great sign after what Barlow did to them week 1.

GW’s defense really needs to improve in the secondary. When Cupit was able to run through the DL he was hard to be stopped. I saw the same things in the Amherst and Dinwiddie games. If a team has a strong passing offense I can see them scoring a lot of points on GW’s secondary.

I’d disagree about the defense. Surely there is work to do, but a lot of those points are because of poor special teams play. Dinwiddie had 2 kickoff returns for TDs and Amherst had 1. No team has started a possession any worse than their own 35 yard line. When you give a good team like Dinwiddie that kind of field position, they will make you pay. A good percentage of that 31 PPG comes from the Dinwiddie game. They absolutely shut Cupit down the other night which is a great sign after what Barlow did to them week 1.
What is it that you disagree about? That they don’t need to improve a lot? Even if you take away the 2 KR TDs from Dinwiddie and the one from Amherst that still ends up being 25 PPG that the defense is giving up. Which doesn’t seem like a lot when the offense is scoring the way they are but it’s hard to think a team can make it out of Region D giving up 25 PPG. Not hating at all, just going back to my original statement that they will need to improve a lot on defense if they want to make it deep in the playoffs.

What is it that you disagree about? That they don’t need to improve a lot? Even if you take away the 2 KR TDs from Dinwiddie and the one from Amherst that still ends up being 25 PPG that the defense is giving up. Which doesn’t seem like a lot when the offense is scoring the way they are but it’s hard to think a team can make it out of Region D giving up 25 PPG. Not hating at all, just going back to my original statement that they will need to improve a lot on defense if they want to make it deep in the playoffs.
I know you’re not hating. GW’s secondary is lacking. They are not nearly as bad as they were 2 years ago but still bad. I’d give the defense a grade of a -C through these first 3 games. I guess maybe I should’ve said that I disagree because it’s not solely the defense.

Reactions: VolNation85
I just think your a little early on the defensive talk yeah GW is young and needs improving but you can’t say Glass has had a real test to that defense yet! Just because they’ve only given up 7pts so far Oct. 4th coming soon!

I just think your a little early on the defensive talk yeah GW is young and needs improving but you can’t say Glass has had a real test to that defense yet! Just because they’ve only given up 7pts so far Oct. 4th coming soon!
Franklin County isn’t some scrub off the street. Almost beat Salem and Glass beat them by 4 TDs. Be careful what you ask for.

Reactions: VolNation85
Franklin county is improved but they are a 6A team, I would hope they field a competitive team in a region with nothing but Class 4s and 3s.

Lots of really good football teams right now. Some will get better, some will not improve things will probably look completely different in late October.

Not a lot of really good teams but more of teams proving they are who they’re supposed to be. Glass is good but not great, Salem is good but won’t have a real test of where they stand until Martinsburg shows up (Roanoke is down IMO this season), the remainder of 4D is merely GW and Pulaski (jury still out wait til Salem to know if they’re legit or pretender) everybody else is average teams wanting to steal a win.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Franklin County isn’t some scrub off the street. Almost beat Salem and Glass beat them by 4 TDs. Be careful what you ask for.
And it probably would have been by more had they not taken out starters mid-way through the 3rd quarter.

Don’t underestimate the Eagles! Any given Friday
Never will. I played for Coach Anderson his first year at GW so you already know who I’m riding with. I do know that we as a program have overlooked teams before and it derailed our playoff journeys big time. My junior year we just knew we was gonna beat Brooke Point and they ended up beating us in 2012. We were 8-2 and they were 4-6. Senior year we was up on Courtland at halftime and we just knew we were playing Sherando the next week. Courtland came back out at halftime and whipped us, my last ever high school game that still hurts to this day. No I’m not underestimating us, I just take things one game at a time and I’m realistic. Glass is a rivalry game and this is the first time in a long time that both teams will be real good playing against each other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT