ADVERTISEMENT

GW-29 RR-28 FINAL!

Haha I'm still here and man what a game it started out as a dull game and a blowout but coach B and the kids from RR came to play like I knew they would. That was a hell of a football game!

B seemed pretty pumped in walmart the other day. I love my Maroons but B has to prove them wrong about who they selected to be the coach.
Couldn't agree more man the fans and the administration has to see how bad of a choice it was to pick harner over B or Russell. I take nothing away from RR they came to fight and make it a game. But you cant take your foot off the gas just because you are up 21-0. Coach to win don't coach not to lose

It sounded like B made the right adjustments at half to slow the run down. RR air it out like they have all year?

Yeah he made adjustments and they did air it out on us but it had a lot to do with us getting up 21-0 and harner taking it easy from then on. Again RR did everything they needed to in order to get back in the game but GW didn't make it hard to do either.

Yea, I got worried about you in the 4th Qrt. Sounds likes this one will be remembered for sometime. And just think, what if GW plays RR in the playoffs? Oh the possibilities ???

Haha I wasn't to happy in the 4th and yeah this game is one of the better ones for sure. And if we meet up in the playoffs my lord get your ticket early.

This had to be one of the best games that I've seen in a long time. But if GW had stayed on the gas it would have not been that close. And the refs didn't help out any they walked RR right down the field for their first TD. I want to know are the high schools still playing tackle or flag football. RR quarter back is going down the side line darting in and out of tackles. And two GW tacklers take him out of bounds and they throw a flag for a late hit. On the GW side line the Wells kid get tackled 5 yards out of bounds by three RR tacklers and no flag. Not complaining but call the game both ways .

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Like I said I take nothing away from the kids from RR but like you just said if we stay on the gas it would've gotten ugly. But I'm glad it went like it did shows the kids they can win when they need to. And it also adds another classic to the series.

For some reason many of the George Wythe supporters believe that "Coach B" (former assistant at GW) is the Head Coach of Rural Retreat. Just to set the record straight the Head Coach of Rural Retreat is named Chris Akers. Coach Akers calls the offense and Coach Bandrimer calls the defense. Also, Jamey Hughes, Johnny Dix, Pete Fiscus, Van Harris, Grizzly Parks and Charlie Rhea Preston are position coaches for the team and have been instrumental to the success of the Indians. And yes, Rural Retreat is very happy to have Coach Bandrimer along with the rest of their coaches on the staff. At Rural Retreat it is a team effort from the players, the coaches, the school administration, the community and the fans. For example, I noticed when Rural Retreat was down by 21 points at the half the players and the coaches still had the support from their fans. Furthermore, when Coach Akers decided to go for the win by going for the two point conversion instead of kicking the extra point for a tie, I noticed there was nothing but support from the fans when they came up just a little short. Rural Retreat has lost in overtime to Bland, gave Galax all they wanted for one half and was just a few yards away from beating GW. They may be a lower seeded playoff team with less talent, size and speed than many of the other playoff teams but they are well coached, fully supported by their fans and they don't quit.

Reactions: VA Outlaw
I know he isn't the head coach he is the DC my point is he would do a much better job than harner is at GW. And he should be the head coach at GW right now I played for him my whole time at GW. And no RR didn't quit and the fans supported them the whole game but GW did quit after harner thought oh look we are up 21 game over. Lets slow down guys instead of running it up its like I've said all year if they can stop you then oh well. Score until the other team steps up or the clock runs out make a statement give the kids some confidence going into the playoffs. But oh well RR didn't quit as they shouldn't and harner proved so many people right he doesn't need to be our coach. You cant bring a guy in from a school with a losing tradition and expect him to know how to handle all the talent we have and our winning tradition.

GW is 9-1 and rated as the top team in the 1A West. That alone is very impressive. Your Head Coach is young but from what I see he runs a good, clean and disciplined program with plenty of talent. I know you are fully behind the team but he needs your support too. Give your Coach a chance. He has done pretty good so far this year. My point above about Rural Retreat's success is everyone in the community and their administration give their full support to the players and the coaches, win or lose. In my opinion, you can't win on talent, size and speed alone. Believing in yourself, never giving up and community/fan support are also big factors in winning. Good luck to the Maroons in playoffs.

Oh I completely agree with you on the point of RR having the support of everyone in the community we saw that last night. When we got up 21 they never stopped cheering and stuck with the kids. And I'm very happy with how the season has went as far as the record and standing but I know a lot of fans that were not to happy with him last night. And same to you guys good luck the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT