ADVERTISEMENT

Gw at Tunstall tonight

FI84pNqXEAA9eoE

Tunstall Men’s Basketbal @TTrojansMBB
Tunstall 48 George Washington 36
Tunstall’s first win against GW in school history!

Reactions: Playmaker915
Are they sure it's the first win over GW in school history? That would be shocking! I thought maybe in the early 80, when Anthony Parrish played, but if not - congratulations. DeMarcus has them playing tough and together.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Before GW joined the Piedmont District in the late 2000s, the only time GW and Tunstall would play each other would be at the Holiday Shootout. The 0-18 record against GW was from MaxPreps and that's pretty much just the matchups this century.

Here's the game article from last night:

Parrish actually was late 70's. They had some really good teams then. Did Tunstall ever play GW when Warren Martin played for the Trojans?
They did. GW had Chris Johnson (Coach Harry Johnson’s son), Johnny Newman and Vic Coleman then. I’m pretty positive Tunstall didn’t beat those GW teams.

Right @cutnjump

Good win by Tunstall. As a person who has had suicide affect their family...this comment for likes and jokes was completely distasteful.

He's alive and well however, and will continue to be.
it was a joke but nice try on trying to flip it around though. But since you are so serious now what was distasteful was how you were running your mouth about a program and kids that hadn't said a word to/about you or the program you are affiliated with. I'm happy you are ok my guy and have resurface but enjoy chewing long and hard on those words of yours!

it was a joke but nice try on trying to flip it around though. But since you are so serious now what was distasteful was how you were running your mouth about a program and kids that hadn't said a word to/about you or the program you are affiliated with. I'm happy you are ok my guy and have resurface but enjoy chewing long and hard on those words of yours!
I don't remember you being in any of the conversation to begin with. It's good to see you pop up after the discussion was already had. Where was that energy when it was current? Try again. Never once did I call out specific kids. Go back and comprehend. The program was brought up to me. I never had kids or adults on suicide watch either. That's clownish and can't be compared. That keyboard is a saving grace for a lot of pundits around here. I said what I said, and didn't back off it. They won, great to see the streak broken after going 0-18.

Just like the earlier discussion, we can have this discussion in person too. I'm wondering where was all this before they played from you though.

I don't remember you being in any of the conversation to begin with. It's good to see you pop up after the discussion was already had. Where was that energy when it was current? Try again. Never once did I call out specific kids. Go back and comprehend. The program was brought up to me. I never had kids or adults on suicide watch either. That's clownish and can't be compared. That keyboard is a saving grace for a lot of pundits around here. I said what I said, and didn't back off it. They won, great to see the streak broken after going 0-18.

Just like the earlier discussion, we can have this discussion in person too. I'm wondering where was all this before they played from you though.
Oh we can talk in person, and I agree with this keyboard being a saving grace for those tough talkers. I'm not one that does a lot of back and forth I like speaking with actions (thus why I read, remembered everything, and responded after actions occurred) and I love seeing the bully (tough talker with all the answers) switch up and now turn full victim mode with one simple joke. Your right its nice the streak was broken but since you want to count let start now at 1-0.

Oh we can talk in person, and I agree with this keyboard being a saving grace for those tough talkers. I'm not one that does a lot of back and forth I like speaking with actions (thus why I read, remembered everything, and responded after actions occurred) and I love seeing the bully (tough talker with all the answers) switch up and now turn full victim mode with one simple joke. Your right its nice the streak was broken but since you want to count let start now at 1-0.
I'm not the one wrote it to set it up. I didn't call you out and say anything about suicide watch. You wanna keep it basketball then do that. You were no where to be found when the conversation came up. No need to pop up now. I'm the same on here and in person. Don't think otherwise. It was a dumb joke. Period. Nor was it funny. Period. I'll say again...great win by Tunstall. It was a good grind it out win. Tight game throughout. Keep the streak going. GW is still the team everyone wants to beat. Good to see them being chased.

Will be interesting to see how far they go in the 3A region and state.

I'm not hard to find. Like before, I'm cool on this conversation...good win.

Last edited:
GW won’t make much noise for the next two years. Read some of the comments their players are saying on Facebook. It’s not looking good & it’s been like that for a few years now. Hopefully the Gunter kid doesn’t leave Danville. He’s one of the best middle school players in the nation. Did you have him at Westwood @deuce2hublue? That’s my little cousin. His momma has state records for GW back in the early 2000s. She was a dog and this young man is going to put GW back on the map.

I'm not the one wrote it to set it up. I didn't call you out and say anything about suicide watch. You wanna keep it basketball then do that. You were no where to be found when the conversation came up. No need to pop up now. I'm the same on here and in person. Don't think otherwise. It was a dumb joke. Period. Nor was it funny. Period. I'll say again...great win by Tunstall. It was a good grind it out win. Tight game throughout. Keep the streak going. GW is still the team everyone wants to beat. Good to see them being chased.

11-2
5-5 lol ok them days over bro

11-2
5-5 lol ok them days over bro
@Playmaker915 @TheBlackPanther @BoKnowsSports okay now...Panther had me on suicide watch when GW got beat by 12. Playmaker said those days are over. Bo said I was a disgrace to GW and the Danville community. So I'm looking to get my lick back, and I'm wondering why it's quiet now. Does the 20+ blowout start the count back over now? 1-19? Or no?

I won't respond the way you all did when Tunstall won...but I need some feedback. What happened that night?

@BoKnowsSports I talked to Coach Morris about Gunter, he's a 6th grader, so he wasn't on the championship Westwood team. That team could be a sleeper, got a good nucleus that can be developed. That Bonner/Westood team combined now freshmen/sophomores could be a good collective unit.

@Playmaker915 @TheBlackPanther @BoKnowsSports okay now...Panther had me on suicide watch when GW got beat by 12. Playmaker said those days are over. Bo said I was a disgrace to GW and the Danville community. So I'm looking to get my lick back, and I'm wondering why it's quiet now. Does the 20+ blowout start the count back over now? 1-19? Or no?

I won't respond the way you all did when Tunstall won...but I need some feedback. What happened that night?

@BoKnowsSports I talked to Coach Morris about Gunter, he's a 6th grader, so he wasn't on the championship Westwood team. That team could be a sleeper, got a good nucleus that can be developed. That Bonner/Westood team combined now freshmen/sophomores could be a good collective unit.
Public won’t know this because I don’t like excuses. Jailyn (starting PG) played in Martinsville game with sprung shoulder joint then toughed it out two days later against GW. Aidan (starting C) missed the Martinsville game due to illness, miss all week of school checked in 2 periods just to give it a shot against GW. Nick couldn’t play (started at beginning of season) poor kid gets tendonitis in both his knees and can barely walk. My team is just all banged up right now, send a prayer up we get healthy by Tuesday.

Public won’t know this because I don’t like excuses. Jailyn (starting PG) played in Martinsville game with sprung shoulder joint then toughed it out two days later against GW. Aidan (starting C) missed the Martinsville game due to illness, miss all week of school checked in 2 periods just to give it a shot against GW. Nick couldn’t play (started at beginning of season) poor kid gets tendonitis in both his knees and can barely walk. My team is just all banged up right now, send a prayer up we get healthy by Tuesday.
Oh yeah we still #1 seed 😉
8 wins the last year to co champs . Holla

Glad to see Nick back from Hargrave. Aiden has definitely slimmed down since travel ball, good to see his development.

Mister I put you on suicide watch because of all the trash you be talking (it was unthinkable to you for Tunstall to beat GW). Again I’m not one to do much talking, you keep talking about talking in person please let’s keep things on the track okay people don’t disrespect me because I give respect first (it’s very easy to talk tough on a keyboard so I’m very careful not to disrespect another man because the way I was raised one day you may have to look that man in the eyes so we should be mindful of what we ask for). But like I said before I don’t do much talking, the inner circle of Tunstall know what we are enduring at this moment of the season and that is for us to figure out. You’ll never hear me give an excuse, you’ll never see me trying to flip back and attack on you. The goal is to win the game period (GW won, great job). Life has a funny way of Humbling even Deuces. Keep that same energy in the years to come. Tunstall is GW rival now….. let’s put things into perceptive Tunstall in one year beat GW and are Co District Champions? Tunstall now, so if that learning curve was that steep in one year hummmm 🤔 I’ll stop there so things stay on the track. Hopefully expecting the trilogy next week.

@deuce2hublue Tunstsll played the worst game I’ve seen them play this year the other night. Looked like the Julius Price Trojans of old. Damarcus will get them back. Trojans are going to make a title run. GW is playing good ball. It’s the best I’ve seen them play since Shunta and Nyreek were running the show. If Jermaine keeps them off Facebook, they’ll make a run in the region. Big IF if they can be that focused. Trojans will have a tall task in traveling out west and playing the state runner up in the region but I like their chances. Waiting for them if they win is NORTHSIDE & CAVE SPRING. Hands down the toughest region outside the Tidewater Class 5 region.

Reactions: AntGZee
Mister I put you on suicide watch because of all the trash you be talking (it was unthinkable to you for Tunstall to beat GW). Again I’m not one to do much talking, you keep talking about talking in person please let’s keep things on the track okay people don’t disrespect me because I give respect first (it’s very easy to talk tough on a keyboard so I’m very careful not to disrespect another man because the way I was raised one day you may have to look that man in the eyes so we should be mindful of what we ask for). But like I said before I don’t do much talking, the inner circle of Tunstall know what we are enduring at this moment of the season and that is for us to figure out. You’ll never hear me give an excuse, you’ll never see me trying to flip back and attack on you. The goal is to win the game period (GW won, great job). Life has a funny way of Humbling even Deuces. Keep that same energy in the years to come. Tunstall is GW rival now….. let’s put things into perceptive Tunstall in one year beat GW and are Co District Champions? Tunstall now, so if that learning curve was that steep in one year hummmm 🤔 I’ll stop there so things stay on the track. Hopefully expecting the trilogy next week.
So it was cool to call me out and put me on suicide watch when you and I have never interacted before even during the first conversation...Mister "I give respect first and very careful not to disrespect another man because of how I was raised." Got it. Making sense? My eyes won't close either way, my energy won't change. Make yourself known and we'll break down this interaction. Plus breakdown basketball. That's my point. Not hard to find, people know who I am.

It's a rivalry now? For how many years? Definitely see the young nucleus growing. So...3 years? What's after this team leaves? Is it back to the old way again? Learning curve based on talent, which is there currently. So in order to be a basketball destination and have a reputation...there requires consistency. Which recently, there has not been. Thus, 1-19. Talk to me on facts and not feelings.

Reactions: eaglesforever2019
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT