ADVERTISEMENT

GW/Bassett Live Stream

One of the announcers is horrible. Very disrespectful to the kids at Bassett. One of the many Al Bundy’s in the world :mad:

What did y’all think of the game last night? @gweagles1 @olemissboy30 @Mic Honcho
Eh, not very good. We struggled. However we were missing several key players due to injuries. Shy was in concussion protocol, George Jackson, starting OL, got hurt in the weight room with a bad shoulder injury, and Wesley left early with a sprained ankle. GW needs to work on defense, a lot. We did show some bright spots as Worm played really good and we had a good few stops, but jeez they just ran right over us. On offense Willie is struggling a lot at RB, I thought he’d step up big time when ever Wesley isn’t on the field the entire season but it hasn’t been the case. ShaKobe carried us with the pass game and had a career night but slacked off during the 2nd half. We’ve got to learn how to play 4 Quarter football, can’t rely on a few good plays to get us wins against big teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I don’t bad mouth the kids but I do question why we are so inconsistent with the talent. GW should be 7-1 max this year. Bassett is vastly improved with Brandon Johnson at the helm and I’m not taking anything away from his guys... I thought they should have won that game last night after the comeback. To see our guys go through the motions on some plays, WE HAVE TO GET BETTER. Shy and George are two of our best players but we have quality backups!

I don’t bad mouth the kids but I do question why we are so inconsistent with the talent. GW should be 7-1 max this year. Bassett is vastly improved with Brandon Johnson at the helm and I’m not taking anything away from his guys... I thought they should have won that game last night after the comeback. To see our guys go through the motions on some plays, WE HAVE TO GET BETTER. Shy and George are two of our best players but we have quality backups!
I agree 100%. Coach Johnson is doing good things trying to spark up a Bassett program. GW arguably has the most talent out of any team in class 4. We need to learn how to execute those talents on the field when it matters.

We will go as far as our defense allows. I was hoping for more improvement by this point in the season, with the sophomores becoming more experienced. There's still time, but it's running out quickly.

Horrible line play both offense and defense coupled with an inability to tackle is not a recipe for success. The game last night was a carbon copy of the Glass game in terms of performance but, Bassett just did not have the athletes(yet) to make GW pay. The Bassett coach looks to be good and he is definitely making a difference in the product the Bengals put on the field.

Things don’t always go to script just like when Unc
Almost beat Clemson on paper it doesn’t look close but Clemson found a way When Wesley went out Willie Edmunds came up big on the last drive to put the Eagles up by 2 scores survive and advance
On to Magna Vista look at the Heritage JF score who saw that coming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT