ADVERTISEMENT

GW Beats MV

If GW can keep this up then I will say that they’ll give Salem and anyone else in the region a game and have a chance in the playoffs. They look light years better on defense than they did last year and looks to be finding their groove on offense. Guys look way more explosive. To shut Tyler Johnson down the way they did says a lot about the improvements in their secondary, which was a huge reason Salem, Dinwiddie and Glass beat them in 2019. Having Shakobe back there is making a huge difference and I believe had he been playing back there the past 3 years, he’d had his pick of college programs to choose from. Kobe Dixon was also a HUGE pickup. He was a star on the middle school and JV team and focused on basketball solely. Him, Shy, Worm and Donovan Howard return next year to give GW a chance to be really good on defense. GW needs to remain focused. One of my good friends is the new secondary coach. He was a 3 year starter at NC A&T at Corner and was an All State Corner, all state wrestler and track state championship athlete (ran on the relay team with David Wilson) at GW from 04-08. It makes a huge difference. He’s in their ear and they respect the hell out of him. Credit our leader Nick Anderson for the massive turn around.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT