ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville 21 Bassett 7

Does seem like Bassett's D is legit. Season low for points from GW (previous was 32 vs EC Glass). GW's D did well enough to not have that be an issue, apparently.

Does seem like Bassett's D is legit. Season low for points from GW (previous was 32 vs EC Glass). GW's D did well enough to not have that be an issue, apparently.
I like Donovan Howard at QB. Offense flows better. He and Chauncey Logan are two very similar players. Bassett’s defense is really good and coming along at the right time. I think the Class 3 West side goes through Christiansburg (though a lot of people may pick LCA). The Blue Demons have quietly had a damn good year. Not saying that C-burg will beat LCA in a head to head match, but if Brookville or Heritage upsets LCA in the region, I could see the Blue Demons beating one of those teams.

Howard is a special athlete but not a QB. It should be noted that last night he ran for a touchdown, threw a touchdown pass and caught a ball for a touchdown. Combine that with what he does on defense and he should be a player of the year candidate.

Byrnes clearly the better QB for what Eagles want to do. #19 filled in early and did a great job when Byrnes was injured. Don provides GW with an added dimension but he can't throw like 15. I like the way Anderson has found a way to incorporate Howard's talents into his system.

DH is going to be a steal for someone at the next level.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Ended up being a great game. Thought we contained the run pretty well, GW pass offense was good. Too many opportunities left out there on offense for us. Have to convert. Overall good game. Best wishes to GW the rest of the way.

Howard is a special athlete but not a QB. It should be noted that last night he ran for a touchdown, threw a touchdown pass and caught a ball for a touchdown. Combine that with what he does on defense and he should be a player of the year candidate.

Byrnes clearly the better QB for what Eagles want to do. #19 filled in early and did a great job when Byrnes was injured. Don provides GW with an added dimension but he can't throw like 15. I like the way Anderson has found a way to incorporate Howard's talents into his system.

DH is going to be a steal for someone at the next level.
Jeb is a way better QB. Howard keeps the defense honest at QB. He adds an element that GW’s offense hasn’t had in a long time.

Reactions: shtndark
I would like to add this the Basset RB will be the offensive player of the year in the Piedmont District this year hands down! This is coming from a GW fan.

GW defense played very well kept Bassett RB
Bottled up most of the night he did break 1 for a TD I liked what GW did they played a lot of guys in the box and forced Bassett QB have to pass to win and he wasn’t able to do it

GW defense played very well kept Bassett RB
Bottled up most of the night he did break 1 for a TD I liked what GW did they played a lot of guys in the box and forced Bassett QB have to pass to win and he wasn’t able to do it
Need that same approach against Salem. Need to put Dixon or Howard on Logan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT