ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville Comeback Falls Short

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
GW falls to 0-1 to start the season as they fell to Forest Trail Academy last night 65-63. GW trailed by 17 heading into the 4th quarter but trimmed the lead within the final 8 minutes. Forest Trail had multiple dunks and long range 3's. Cayman Lewis, Armardius Jones and Pat Robinson all had double figures for GW with Robinson leading the way with 17 points and 10 boards. Jones and Robinson combined for 26 of GW's 39 points in the final 2 periods. This was the second year in a row that GW opened against a top tier basketball academy as last year they beat NCHSAA State Runner Up Winston Salem Prep in the season opener in Danville. Heritage Lynchburg will be GW's opponent this Friday as they welcome the Pioneers who will make the trip down 29 to Danville. Forest Trail improves to 6-2 on the year.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Also, DSH, how is Liberty Christian this year? I know they're typically good and they got the two seed in our conference last year, but are they good again this year? I think our conference is stacked again with GW, EC Glass, Cville and LCA plus JF and Amherst.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Also, DSH, how is Liberty Christian this year? I know they're typically good and they got the two seed in our conference last year, but are they good again this year? I think our conference is stacked again with GW, EC Glass, Cville and LCA plus JF and Amherst.
The only player I'm familiar with that returns for LCA is Noah Cook. Glass, Charlottesville and GW look like the favorites. I wouldn't be too sold on GW. They're senior oriented but they have A LOT of maturing to do.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT