ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville...

G.W seems to be extremely explosive. However it’s hard to feel like they can run the table bc of their defense as well as the league they play in. If G.W was in the Seminole District- where would they fall? I know they lost to Amherst in a shootout, and beat JF in A shootout, and LCA in a shootout. These three teams may be 3,4, an 5 ranked teams in Seminole.

I saw G.W play E.C Glass last year and were impressed with the athletes but disapppinted in the physicality. This years eagles seem to be much better on offense despite losing an amazing back- BUT I can’t wait to see the matchups come playoff time and would love to see the explosive eagles playing a full Seminole schedule

G.W seems to be extremely explosive. However it’s hard to feel like they can run the table bc of their defense as well as the league they play in. If G.W was in the Seminole District- where would they fall? I know they lost to Amherst in a shootout, and beat JF in A shootout, and LCA in a shootout. These three teams may be 3,4, an 5 ranked teams in Seminole.

I saw G.W play E.C Glass last year and were impressed with the athletes but disapppinted in the physicality. This years eagles seem to be much better on offense despite losing an amazing back- BUT I can’t wait to see the matchups come playoff time and would love to see the explosive eagles playing a full Seminole schedule

That is a good question... but we certainly can’t rule out GW with how explosive they are. Certainly capable of making a deep run!

GW would be a top 2 team in the Seminole give or take. A loss is a loss, but they scored 45 on Amherst without 4 key offensive players and 3 defensive guys..Was down to their 3rd string back with 4 min left in the half and was up 28-14. ..Amherst was too much for us after that. We were deflated. We had already had one of our best athletes leave the team for Hargrave that Wednesday before the Amherst game. The boys have bounced back though... JF did similar things in 14 and 15 however GW has 5-6 more weapons than them and are better defensively. Forrest was a great back last year but we haven’t lost a step with sophomore Wesley Graves who could’ve started last year as a freshman. He doesn’t get the yards Forrest got because we have way more weapons this year. The defense has to play better but good luck stopping the offense! They’ll be even better next year is the scary thing about it :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis918777
JF did similar things in 14 and 15 however GW has 5-6 more weapons than them and are better defensively.

You're dreaming. This year's GW team are not even in the same league as JF in 14 & 15. They barely got by this year's injury ridden JF team... GW defense is non-existent.

JF '15: 25ppg given up
GW '17: 28ppg given up

JF's schedule was demonstrably better as well.

You're dreaming. This year's GW team are not even in the same league as JF in 14 & 15. They barely got by this year's injury ridden JF team... GW defense is non-existent.
LOL!!! We’d beat them by 2 TDs. All y’all had was Navy and Miller Trent and that Qb y’all had in 14 was good. Navy Jones wasn’t even better than our RB that year, CJ Graves ( Winston Sslem State right now) . JF definitely wouldn’t have beat us in 14. Y’alll were healthy when you played us this year.. We played without Wesley and Carl Poole and beat y’all with a 3rd string back.. You tried though LOL!

Not really. Other than Heritage, none of those teams were really that good... I’ll give you Magna Vista too but GW beat in 15 too.

GW has played nobody this year. What's the best, the 5-3 Amherst you lost to? I'm glad you allowed them to say they played and beat a state champ, though, very kind of you.

Again, GW had 7 starters go out against Amherst and blew a double digit lead. What do you think would happen to Amherst in a rematch with a healthier GW? GW has the best offense in Region No-D and it's not even close.

Good thing you just need an O to play football. Why are you skirting around them giving up 230 points in 8 games?

Reactions: falcettik
Go troll somewhere else dude. Good to see your team beat a 0-8 Cave Spring team last night.

I'm not the one trying to act like my D isn't a glaring issue, though. Enjoy your shootout wins against bad teams, though, they're a lot better than scheduling good teams and winning state titles in the modern era.

I'm not the one trying to act like my D isn't a glaring issue, though. Enjoy your shootout wins against bad teams, though, they're a lot better than scheduling good teams and winning state titles in the modern era.
Which flavor would you like keyboard fingerzz??
haterade.png

P.S. Cats like you make Salem fans look bad. Good luck on your season.

Which flavor would you like keyboard fingerzz??
haterade.png

P.S. Cats like you make Salem fans look bad. Good luck on your season.

You throw backhanded garbage at Salem and have for some time and I'm absolutely not the only Salem poster on this board who believes it. You don't like us, I don't have to like you. If you posted the slightest bit of reality about GW I wouldn't even bother but every post makes it seem like the mere presence of GW football has graced the rest of us indirectly.

Your O is damn fine, I'm just not going to say the same about your D and you still need both to go far in the season, which I assume is GW's ultimate goal.

You throw backhanded garbage at Salem and have for some time and I'm absolutely not the only Salem poster on this board who believes it. You don't like us, I don't have to like you. If you posted the slightest bit of reality about GW I wouldn't even bother but every post makes it seem like the mere presence of GW football has graced the rest of us indirectly.

Your O is damn fine, I'm just not going to say the same about your D and you still need both to go far in the season, which I assume is GW's ultimate goal.
You are a grown man. I deal with high school kids all day and they don’t even act in the manner that you and some of your compadres do..Way more mature. Who cares what I think? I surely don’t care what you think. It’s funny you took time out of your day to hop on a positive thread and take negative shots. Good luck on your season. GW will be ready to beat in anybody in D. Good Saturday.

DSH has posted plenty of times all season about how bad the GW D is, and I know everyone here has read the posts. But he makes a positive thread, not even calling out anyone, and here comes the usual Lollipop Guild to derail it as if they have amnesia.

DSH has posted plenty of times all season about how bad the GW D is, and I know everyone here has read the posts. But he makes a positive thread, not even calling out anyone, and here comes the usual Lollipop Guild to derail it as if they have amnesia.
I walked away from the Hoo's game too

Again, GW had 7 starters go out against Amherst and blew a double digit lead. What do you think would happen to Amherst in a rematch with a healthier GW? GW has the best offense in Region No-D and it's not even close.
What would happen?

I don't hide from anything or anyone!!! We talking about High school football. Amherst beat GW so let's just leave it at that!!!
And no one here besides ]
I give him credit and GW is a better team right now than Amherst but to say that game would've been different,we will never know.I just hate it when someone blames it on injuries.We lost our QB last 2 years but I bet you can't pull up a post about me making excuses.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT