ADVERTISEMENT

GW @ Huguenot

GW answers with a 60 yard bomb through the air. Kick blocked. 6-6 10:58 1st.

Huguey answers. Markell Dabney goes up and catches a 40 yard bomb overtop of the defender on 4th down. 12-6 Falcons 7:17 1st

Sounds like your defense is playing well. One of the announcers who I do not view as being homers (really good) said that he has not seen GW play defense this well in years. Your young men spotted them 26, but have been lights out since. Need to take the air out of the ball. Pound the rock.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Thanks Navy! I’ll probably be at the Oscar Smith/Herm game. I don’t get off until 4:30 so it’ll be a push to get from RVA to Danville on a Friday. I’ll see you and hopefully DP for the Maury game.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Huguenot will be a good team this year. I’ll take Dinwiddie, Varina and KG by at least 3 TDs. Huguenot does have 4-5 players that can beat you on any given play and they’ll only get better. If I’m not mistaken, the other Dabney didn’t play. Other than giving the big plays over the top, GW looked really good and very physical. Traditionally open field tackling and staying on blocks have stopped GW from postseason success, but things are definitely going in the right direction. Huguenot’s “D1 kids” are legit but Eli Bridges, Kemori Dixon, Darrell Mabin and Quay Conway are some DAMN GOOD ball players too. Proud of the Danville boys.

Dabney is a stud...and the Huguenot quarterback threw three or four passes where tight coverage didn't matter. He didn't have the same consistency in the second half.

The Eagles "D" was super. That is going to be the strong side of the ball for us this year, but our QB was 11-15 for four TDs.

All in all it was a damned good game of High School Football.

Looking forward to seeing you next week, Navy!

Not a fan of Falcon Parent but I am a little confused but your statement...Does the score not indicate how the game went? I would not consider a 27-26 come from behind victory an ass whippin'...
I stand on it. Remember the picture he put up against poor Amelia? Not mocking Huguenot’s kids but they met their match last night. They stopped running the ball in the second half cause GW was putting licks on them. Many of their fans yelled GW was hitting them too hard (I have never heard that in my 29 years of life 😂😂). Their D1 receivers did what they were supposed to do to get them their 26 points but they did nothing outside of that. GW beat them up in the trenches, they knocked their QB1 out of the game and Huguenot had no counter when GW punched them in the mouth. Take away the big plays and it’s GW 27 to maybe 12. Huguenot has a solid team but they will have lots and lots of growing pains.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT