ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Honaker thoughts

Yeah the play calling got a bit off for both teams. And I love RH and Giles O when I was still at GW we ran alot it was pound pound pound. But we could throw it at anytime. The O now is a completely different thing compared to what GW fans are used to.

I will say, as fans we may only see 15 passes during the season but it is there. We waited too long in Salem last year to go to it but it worked when we did it. There are some wrinkles that are only pulled out in dire circumstances, lol. We ran a damn hook and lateral against Goochland a few years ago to get in position to score. Its funny to hear teams and fans complain when we are moving the ball and not throwing at all. I love it, lol.

Haha I haven't seen a hook and ladder in a while. But if it works it works and I love when a team can line up and the other team knows what's coming but can't stop it. And RH is one of the best at that.

Your correct they both played but grant was hurt. Limped the whole game. If he is healthy completely different game.Just because you are playing doesn't mean your healthy. That's the biggest difference in 1a thru 4a is numbers. Like I said earlier everyone doesn't have the benefit of having multiple backs like pm does this year.

True not everyone does and they have really good backs. And this isn't to start anything but GW has a 3 headed back attack to. I think a matchup between PM and GW would be fun.

OK Guys, back to the GW vs Honaker game. There is no doubt that Honaker is
Rebuilding, after having a load of great athletes for the last 10 yrs or so. Having
Said that, the Tigers are no push over. They have decent size and numbers, and
That kicker is special, ALL State for sure. Honaker is young, and has won a couple
Games with these kids. Coach Hubbard would like nothing more than to knock off
A team like GW with his young team.
GW better not sleep on the Tigers Friday night. Sometimes, young hungry teams
Are very capable of pulling a upset.

Any one of pm backs are better then all 3 of gw. Not knocking them bc they are good. But the 3 backs at pm are studs. The moss kid in my opinion should be a receiver not in back field. Has speed yes but can't take many carries and puts ball on ground to much

And back to gw vs honaker. Honaker is in a rebuilding year and against this good gw team they will have there hands full. I say gw will win by something like 42 to 13

Now I do gotta say GW is one of the top teams and the season will show that. And I really do think GW would be better than 6-4 against that same schedule.

Only teams I see that could beat GW on Galax's schedule is Glenvar, Graham, & Giles. I think they would beat Glenvar this year. Lose to Graham and Giles (if they're healthy).

Only teams I see that could beat GW on Galax's schedule is Glenvar, Graham, & Giles. I think they would beat Glenvar this year. Lose to Graham and Giles (if they're healthy).
Yeah I was thinking the same GW has struggled with Gilesin years past lol. Glenvar isn't Glenvar yet. And Graham is dangerous.

MASTER BLASTER, Do you have a job? Or is this it? Because if not, you're probably about to get fired due to lack of productivity based on how much you like to ramble on this site and and about one team in particular. Most importantly things you "think" you know about to which in a lot of cases, you haven't the first clue. I get you went to George Wythe (Wytheville) and played there at some point but to be able to provide the information about the individual kids as well as Coaches all the way to the week to week injury report it seems to me like you must borderline stalk this program. If in most cases you knew what you were talking about it would at least give your purpose some validity but you don't. I get that you're bored and don't have much of a life but the people in Wytheville would sure be glad to have a little peace from G MASTER BLASTER W for once. Thank you.

Why are you blasting this guy he just like you has the right to speak his mind after all this is a message board. Personally I enjoy reading his and a few other people on here and he knows so much about these kids because he coached 80 percent of them in sandlot football.And on game nights he keeps everyone updated on GWHS scores and many other team scores. Him and honest John and chil warrior are the main reasons I get on this site there team pride is what makes this site worth reading. I know your opinion is just that but why blast a guy for his opinion and love for his team and the kids he has coached in the past.

MASTER BLASTER, Do you have a job? Or is this it? Because if not, you're probably about to get fired due to lack of productivity based on how much you like to ramble on this site and and about one team in particular. Most importantly things you "think" you know about to which in a lot of cases, you haven't the first clue. I get you went to George Wythe (Wytheville) and played there at some point but to be able to provide the information about the individual kids as well as Coaches all the way to the week to week injury report it seems to me like you must borderline stalk this program. If in most cases you knew what you were talking about it would at least give your purpose some validity but you don't. I get that you're bored and don't have much of a life but the people in Wytheville would sure be glad to have a little peace from G MASTER BLASTER W for once. Thank you.

Haha oh man someone finally said it. Thank you.

Oh how cute some faceless keyboard warrior thinks he can make me sad. :'''( That's me crying "Sarcasm" I've been around this whole team except the transfers since they were kids. And as 90Maroons said I've coached majority of them and know there family's. I played at GW all 4 years I attended I don't care if you or anyone else on this site likes me or not. I gave my blood, sweat, tears, time, emotions ect to that school. And after my time had come and gone. I began to share my knowledge of this game we all love with the next generations. For free mind you because I want this game to continue. That's what I've done for this game and community and for this team. The teams I played for filled the stands and put money back into the program. And now I spend my hard earned money every Friday night to support my team. And to answer your question yes I have a job but it's kinda hard to worry about the boss when I am the boss. I can provide the information I can because I know the whole team coaches included on a personal level. How about you tell me what it is that I've been so wrong about? Was it that I called Galax being as good as they were? Was it that I'm right 90% of the time on how GW games will go? Or is it that I speak my mind regardless of what you or anyone else thinks? Here's my take you're a salty butt hurt dude who has nothing better to do than try and get under people skin. Here is a pro tip don't go after the one guy who really doesn't car. So how about this go and gather some FACTS AND maybe I'll validate you and your sad opinion. And FYI I'd say my life is pretty magical. Buy until I have to make you look foolish again.
P.s Haters make people famous so please keep it up salty.

Oh no guys I better watch out or in going to feel the wrath of Internet ninjas. How worried should I be? When any of you get to the level of being able to argue your silly little points. The way Fort89, Chilwar, HonestJohn, MT FAN ect can then come talk to me. Myself and all of those gentlemen have had words at some point but I respect all of them. They at least see that I talk because of my passion for my team and school. Just like they do.

I have enjoyed Blasters post over the years. He is very passionate about his GW team,
And expresses it in his own way. That is what message boards are all about.

If anyone does not like his messages, just don't read them. We live in a free country
With freedom of speech, and there are those that like to control our freedoms with
Their opinions. That should not be right.

Blaster opinions are his, not yours or mine. I respect his right to express his opinions.
I express my opinions, some my agree or disagree, I don't care what others think, but
I try in be fair and considerate in my opinions. I favor my team, just like Blaster does his.

If this board did not have posters like Blaster, it would be dull and dead in my opinion.
Blaster, post anything you want to My Friend, You will not offend me in any way, and
Good luck to your Maroons.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
RedPride, if Honaker wins by 2TD's, that would be a major upset. I just do not see that
Happening unless GW has something going on that is not public. I really do not know
What went on with their loss to Galax, but if GW is like teams of GW of the past, they will
Want to redeem themselves win a win over Honaker. Just my opinion.

Chilwar25, I was hoping to get the discussion back on the game and off of Blaster, lol. I have no idea who will win the game but if I was betting I would take GW even though anything can happen. That said I don't agree with a ton of his comments but I did meet him last year and I respect him because we share a passion for the team we support.
If Honaker pulls off the upset, this board will implode with traffic, lol.

Hey man I respect all of you guys and yes I know my comments can be a bit off. But that's just the type of dude I am I say what I believe. Red pride it was good meeting you last season and I'd love nothing more than to talk some football. And not about me this isn't about any of us it's about the kids. And you are correct in anything can happen and if they do beat us oh it's over for me haha.

Chilwar you've seen 90% of my posts you comment on most and have liked a few. I love talking with you your knowledge of this game is what I hope to some day have. You've been around this game longer than I've been alive. I have nothing but respect for you and you know I won't let anyone dictate what I say. Read it if you want but like it or not I'm going to say what I believe. Best of luck to the Warriors and best of luck to that extremely well oiled machine in RH.

RedPride, Thanks for the insight, and very well said. GW will probably win, but Honaker
Is young this year, but a hunger ball club. GW better not sleep on the Tigers, or they will
Get their butt kicked again. Honaker has improved since the first of the season.

Chilhowie scrimmaged Honaker and beat them 38-3 at Honaker. Since then, I except that
They have improved every game. Coach Hubbard is the Dean of Coaches in SWVA, a very
Well liked and respect man of the game we all love. He will have them ready to play, so
GW better be ready too!!!

Blaster, you keep on posting what ever you like about football. If you get too far out
In left field, I will tell you. This is your passion, and this is what you live for, football
And GW. I recognize that, and admire your passion for your team and your community.

Do not ever let others try to stop you from speaking what you think. When I was working,
I spoke many times before State Senators and Delegates in Richmond and all around the
State. I spoke my opinion then, and I am doing so now. I have always tried to be fair and
considerate of others.

Blaster, you keep posting your opinions. Blaster, I will keep reading your post,
My Friend !!!

Agreed we can't sleep on them and I really don't think the kids will. Everyone of them I've spoke to says they are ready and are looking to prove a point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT