ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs PH thoughts

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
This week we have a 6-1 GW vs a 6-1 PH. And this game should crown the HOGO champion. It's no secret what these 2 are coming to do PH is going to feed Dakota Humphrey the ball all night. And GW is going us our 3 RB'S to gut the D and then get outside. So this could turn into a defensive battle I don't think it will but it could. Now last year Dakota ran wild and will again if our D doesn't show up. Our RB'S can put up monster numbers and will if PH can get pressure. This game will revolve around the 2 backfields and O lines. I think ours is significantly better and our D is a few steps above that of PH. It really boils down to this we will have more size, speed, experience, depth ect. PH will come out ready and will keep up for a Q at least maybe longer. But once GW stsrts to wear on them we will pull away alot like Chilhowie. If Marion was able to hang 34 on them GW will hang 42 or more. But it worries me a bit that this game could be a trap game. With all of that said I think GW will just be way to much for the Rebbles. So you know I gotta go with MY MAROONS GW-49 PH-17
Best of luck to PH and safe travels to all heading to a game

I have not seen PH this year, but from what I have heard about them, they are a
Tough team. They have Humprery, but I think they have another RB that is pretty
Darn good too, maybe a freshman? Not sure about that? PH will be no pushover.
They can play, both pass and run the ball. Their schedule has been a little weak,
But that does not matter in this Matchup. Not sure about their Defense either?

GW is loaded of course, and has all the elements of a Championship team. Last
Week against Chilhowie, I was very impressed with their size and speed. To have
That at the A1 level is extremely rare, especially in SWVA. I knew they were good,
But I had no idea they were that good.They made Chilhowie look like boys among
Men, and that is no put down of Chilhowie, but GW is in a league of their own, WHEN
They play like they did against Chilhowie. Let me repeat that: GW is in a league of
Their own, WHEN THEY PLAY LIKE THEY DID AGAINST CHILHOWIE. I hope no one
Misinterpreted that statement.

The key word is WHEN. If they do not play at that level, then GW maybe would not be
as good as they were last week.

GW should be the favorite by 7 to 10.

Fair assessment as always Chilwar and yeah they have a second back. He isn't Dakota by any stretch but he is quick. And yes when GW is on they are almost impossible to stop. But I've seen them play down to the competition twice so far. I know we can't go based off a score between 2 other schools. But if PH has trouble like they did against Marion we will run away with it. But if they can slow us down and play mistake free football it will be a good game. I'm really excited for the game tomorrow night.

Blaster, what is the station that carries GW Games on radio. What is it on the
Radio dial #'s streaming?

Blaster I think you may be right. I really don't like your predictions each week but dang if you are not close every week with those predictions. I think the game will go as you say. In my opinion there is a top 4 in the region and a bottom 10 and in the middle anyone could win on a given night. I think GW is in the top 4 and PH is in the middle bunch.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I have not seen PH this year, but from what I have heard about them, they are a
Tough team. They have Humprery, but I think they have another RB that is pretty
Darn good too, maybe a freshman? Not sure about that? PH will be no pushover.
They can play, both pass and run the ball. Their schedule has been a little weak,
But that does not matter in this Matchup. Not sure about their Defense either?

GW is loaded of course, and has all the elements of a Championship team. Last
Week against Chilhowie, I was very impressed with their size and speed. To have
That at the A1 level is extremely rare, especially in SWVA. I knew they were good,
But I had no idea they were that good.They made Chilhowie look like boys among
Men, and that is no put down of Chilhowie, but GW is in a league of their own, WHEN
They play like they did against Chilhowie. Let me repeat that: GW is in a league of
Their own, WHEN THEY PLAY LIKE THEY DID AGAINST CHILHOWIE. I hope no one
Misinterpreted that statement.

The key word is WHEN. If they do not play at that level, then GW maybe would not be
as good as they were last week.

GW should be the favorite by 7 to 10.
GW is a heck of team but I'm not sure that 2 or 3 teams out there can't beat them regardless of how well they play. Couple of those teams are probably North on 81 but time will tell. I just hope Galax can find whatever is missing and make a run but if they can't I'll definitely be pulling for the west wether it be GW, PM, Hurley or whatever team can make a run.

I know I can be a bit to blunt sometimes but I really mean no disrespect by it. I know eat all of these young men do to get ready each week. All of our opponents practice just as much as GW. So I greatly respect them for that.

Then quit being so blunt and act like you have respect for all of the teams and the kids that play on them...Nothing is wrong with pulling for the team you have a great deal of passion for, but for goodness sake, you make other people hate GW, which those kids don't deserve.

You flat out said that you didn't watch Marion beat PH last week. So how do you know exactly what they have and what they don't? You can't go on who beat who crap. It goes like this RR beat Marion, Marion beat PH, GW beat FC, FC beat Galax, and Galax beat GW. Possibly Chilhowie isn't who we thought they were?

I really do understand your point and I'm working on it. I was just raised to always say what I believe is true. And I will say this in my defense most other fan bases have always had a negative view on GW and it's fans. 99% of the time our players are looked at as arrogant and dirty. And the fans have been looked at as arrogant a holes and yes I'm guilty of that. At least that is how we were viewed when I played. But again I'm working on it I truly do love our team, fans and community.

You being this way sure doesn't help with the perception of GW.

Saying what you think is fine but you are a flat out jerk about it. Did you play for D. Pruitt? You sure do act like it. Maybe that is the reason you act the way you do.

Easy now. I think being blunt is OK. There is a stark difference between insulting a kid and just calling it like it looks. I also disagree with many of these GW propaganda posts (It does seem arrogant), but I can't find any reason they should be reworded. That is kind of the point of the site. If someone is slow, say they are slow. If a team has no secondary, say so. It isn't that big a deal. Euphemisms are for liars.

Yes I did play for coach Pruitt and could not be more proud to say so. That man is the best coach GW has ever had. Him and Paul Wheeler are the top 2 bar none. We played with an attitude and didn't care who knew we did or who liked it. And contrary to popular belief this team does to. That is the GW way like I said people have and always will have a bad view of GW. When you are the top dog in an area year I and year out you get a big target on your back. I look at it this way if your opponent is happy they are playing you then you are zero threat. People can get mad at me all they want. But like Coach19 said no sense in saying that something is something it's not. No one gets offend at a sugar coated statement but oh boy they get butt hurt at the truth.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
No its damn near impossible to hit a nerve with me buddy so feel free to say what you want. That's the difference between you and me I know it's all just words nothing more. It's my opinion and yours nothing more. And Pruitt is the best by far Paul is a close second. And yes he sure did call timeouts to score some more but that was a team decision including the players on the field. It's called proving your dominance not only to the team you're playing but your next opponent. If you can't stop us from scoring that's your problem not ours. Why is it fair that the kids on both teams put in the same time each week. But one has to hold back because they are better? How would you feel if someone you work with made more money than you but did half the work? And call me a jackass but I'm a correct jacksss 90% of the time. Again anyone on this site or any other site can feel free to HATE ME with a burning passion if that's what makes em feel better. But please believe I will not hold my tongue because you or anyone else doesn't like my opinion.

I feel that you are trying to make this a bigger issue than it is. I am strongly against telling kids they are fine when they aren't. I am against pretending good enough is good enough. You obviously are not against this, and that is fine as well. I will respect your opinion as long as I am being respected. As for thinking someone is a "jack a^^" over football that is your prerogative as well. Believe me, I think everyone on here feels that way about someone. Though to say it so bluntly is counter to your argument. Meaning by doing so you are, in fact, being a jack a^^. Under your previously established definition.

I NEVER implied that. I don't sugar coat anything. I guess that is why you were offended on my opinion. I don't get on here and bash other kids on other teams. I could on a daily basis. These kids don't get paid. That is a job for their coaches to do. Not some bleacher coach that thinks he knows it all. Be proud that GW has a fine football team. They play hard, they are big, physical, and talented. They are also well coached from where I stand. With that being said, I wish them the best of luck in the playoffs and nothing but success. I just wish that "little Pruitt" understood about winning with class. That is something he was never taught.

Last edited:
I feel that you are trying to make this a bigger issue than it is. I am strongly against telling kids they are fine when they aren't. I am against pretending good enough is good enough. You obviously are not against this, and that is fine as well. I will respect your opinion as long as I am being respected. As for thinking someone is a "jack a^^" over football that is your prerogative as well. Believe me, I think everyone on here feels that way about someone. Though to say it so bluntly is counter to your argument. Meaning by doing so you are, in fact, being a jack a^^. Under your previously established definition.

If you read this, you would see direct contradictions to your argument. No one has bashed a kid that I have seen. Simply stated facts...somewhat bluntly to be sure, but facts all the same. I call people out for insulting children when it does occur actually. But I will let your post in response, which I'm sure will be enlightening, be the last word.

Maybe I am not making it clear to you...I don't think it is fine to tell someone that it is good when it isn't.
My statement was directed at you? No! The counter to my argument, he isn't a player or a student. That has been made perfectly clear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT