ADVERTISEMENT

My State Tournament Predictions

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Should be an interesting state tournament. I could see at least 6 teams who I think are capable of winning it all.

State Quarterfinals:

Lancaster vs Brunswick

Traditional powers meet for the first time at the class 1 level. Both teams can shoot it and play good defense. Both are also battle tested as well. Look for Troy Henderson to catch fire. Lancaster 72 Brunswick 60

Carver Academy vs Middlesex

These two Tidewater District teams meet in the state quarterfinals, because despite being in the same district, they're in different regions. Make it make sense. Carver won the two regular season games by 27 and by 4. Despite being 22-2 and both losses being to class 3 schools, many didn't pick Carver to be here. Also many thought Northampton would beat Middlesex, but that wasn't the case either.
Prediction: Carver 64 Middlesex 55

Auburn vs Chilhowie

Auburn is a regular in the state tournament, while Chilhowie hasn't made it this far in years. Auburn has great leadership and the experience of being here before. Chilhowie didn't play well in the Region D championship. Can they right the ship in 3 days?
Prediction: Auburn 72 Chilhowie 54

Honaker vs George Wythe

A rematch from a mid January game. George Wythe won that game by 28. Honaker has won 15 in a row since then and are playing with great confidence. Both teams have multiple players who can step up on any given night.
Prediction: George Wythe 61 Honaker 57

State Semifinals:

Lancaster vs Carver Academy

Carver has the athletes to matchup with Lancaster. They also have four guys who average double figures,. The Devils are used to being on this stage. How will Carver react?
Prediction: Going with the upset. Carver Academy 66 Lancaster 65

Auburn vs George Wythe

If this game does happen, it'd be the 5th match-up of the season between the two teams. Auburn has won all four games, but the margin of victory in the four wins were by 5,4,5,and 2. Sooner or later, you'd think GW would breakthrough.
Prediction: Sometimes a team just has another teams number. Auburn 51 George Wythe 49

State Championship:

Last year I perfectly predicted the entire state tournament. This year who knows how I'll do. I know this would be an interesting matchup and a very physical game. Two years ago, Westmoreland had an emotional semifinal win over Lancaster and then lost in the finals to Auburn. I see a similar situation this year
Prediction: Auburn 66 Carver Academy 61

Let's hear your picks. This wasn't easy and should make for a fun state tournament

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT