ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Riverheads Thoughts

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Both teams are on a 12 game win streak and only gaining momentum going into the semis. In Riverheads we have a team that everyone knows what is coming as far as the offensive attack they bring. But knowing what's coming and stopping it are 2 different things kinda like fighting Mike Tyson you know that left is coming but it somehow still hits you. When you have a team that runs an O almost to perfection like Riverheads does the Wing T you have either a war or a blowout. Now on the flip side of that GW loves smash mouth football and it seems RH does to. We are at our strongest in the run D our line is very big and very fast for big guys with a deep LB core. I don't know much about RH D but it must be pretty good to have 2 shutouts in the playoffs and only give up like 128 points all season. This game is very simple to call who ever win the battle at the line and who ever can keep the other teams backs in check wins. If GW cant force RH O off the field it will be a game of TOP and mistakes. A shoot out favors GW and grinding drives favor RH. Who can impose there game plan on the other team? We will find out Saturday at 2pm at GW with all of that said I gotta go with MY MAROONS 28-21 may the best team win and safe travels to all attending the game hope you guys enjoy your trip to Wytheville.

Reactions: Chilwar25
we need to get name tags and put them on, u better get there early cause we always get top row, we try to anyways, I will have red on and some form of dallas gear, I will least have my cowboys chair, and my cowboys goodie bag if they allow u to bring stuff in, GO BIG RED

Blaster I can only imagine how you feel this week. Your Maroons are only 2 games from another State title, but my goodness just look at what lies ahead in the form of the competition. Riverheads, who many say are the best D1 team in Virginia, and the winner of Essex and Galax. WOW. At this point, there are no easy games left, and that goes for even Riverheads, Essex and Galax. But to be Champions, you have to play championship style football. It probably will come down to the so called little things that determines the outcomes of the games. Or it may be won in the trenches and just good old blocking and tackling. But one thing for sure, the game Saturday in Wytheville will be played by two teams that are very passionate about their football, and love their young men for how they represent their schools and communities. Blaster, best of luck to GW, My Friend.

we need to get name tags and put them on, u better get there early cause we always get top row, we try to anyways, I will have red on and some form of dallas gear, I will least have my cowboys chair, and my cowboys goodie bag if they allow u to bring stuff in, GO BIG RED

Disgusting. LOL!! Just giving you a hard time. We both yearn for the early 90's, yes?

Hey bamma , if u need a red chair and bag let me know ! Hate to see u have to sit on and carry that nasty stuff lol .

its all good die hard COWBOYS fan, will they let u bring stuff in the game or r they pretty strict, I know in salem they pretty much strip search you, I like to bring my Scooby snacks into the game.

BAMA: You're killing me with this COWBOY stuff. I know what you need for Christmas.
A Cousins jersey! What size?

We'll hope I u can take ur snacks in with ya ! Lol should b a good game and ya might not wanna miss the action waiting in line at the concession stand . If I get hungry I'll b checking the top row for cowboy goodie bags !!!

Reactions: Bama1985
if I can bring them in I will, come on up I will share, as for the dallas stuff u better be glad it aint going to real cold, I would have beanie, gloves, fur hat, sweatshirt, jacket, my chair, and if real cold and snow my dallas snow boots u name it I prob have it, no fair weather fan or bandwagon fan here, should be a great game GO BIG RED

its all good die hard COWBOYS fan, will they let u bring stuff in the game or r they pretty strict, I know in salem they pretty much strip search you, I like to bring my Scooby snacks into the game.
Yeah they probably wont even look at what you have they will take your ticket and say enjoy the game.

Good Luck To GW. I hope they can pull this off. In the pick Ill say Riverheads 35 GW 21. But again Ill be pulling for GW all the way now.

Blaster I can only imagine how you feel this week. Your Maroons are only 2 games from another State title, but my goodness just look at what lies ahead in the form of the competition. Riverheads, who many say are the best D1 team in Virginia, and the winner of Essex and Galax. WOW. At this point, there are no easy games left, and that goes for even Riverheads, Essex and Galax. But to be Champions, you have to play championship style football. It probably will come down to the so called little things that determines the outcomes of the games. Or it may be won in the trenches and just good old blocking and tackling. But one thing for sure, the game Saturday in Wytheville will be played by two teams that are very passionate about their football, and love their young men for how they represent their schools and communities. Blaster, best of luck to GW, My Friend.
I'm excited for the tests that lay ahead it is the only way this very young MAROONS team is going to get better we are probably only going to have 3 Sr on the field at any time. So this is a huge test for them RH is a very respected team and very well coached and I couldn't agree more the easy games are over and if anyone of these 4 make it look easy then give them the title. This is the best and worst time of year to be a football fan we get to see our teams go after the only prize that matters. But at the same time we at best only get to see them 2 more times so it's bitter sweet either way I'm very proud of this very young team. Good luck to all still playing and safe travels.

You shouldn't have an issue with what you bring, especially in regards to chairs, blankets, bags, umbrellas, etc. I've even carried in a coffee thermos a few times on some cold nights.

thanks I just put a couple of goodies in my bag and I carry my winter stuff etc, and yes its a cowboys bag

if I can bring them in I will, come on up I will share, as for the dallas stuff u better be glad it aint going to real cold, I would have beanie, gloves, fur hat, sweatshirt, jacket, my chair, and if real cold and snow my dallas snow boots u name it I prob have it, no fair weather fan or bandwagon fan here, should be a great game GO BIG RED

Will that stuff even keep you warm??? :p

Bama you and GDUB2010 will get along he is a cowgirls fan to that's the only bad thing about calling him my brother lol

Just messin with ya baba , I'm new to va preps and don't know who everybody's user names r but I'm sure it won't take me but one or 2 guesses who u are lol . I see cowboys every week up in that sea of red

its prob me, I know some on here but a few I hope to meet at the game on Saturday, i am loyal to my teams, never ever with a redskins jersey, last year no lie i seen someone buy a rg3 jersey at a goodwill in wva red 18 says u joined today things can get crazy on here sometimes

Bama I can set you up with something classy, a Jerry Rice jersey :D

My question goes to the Riverheads guys; Blaster says that the youthful GW squad will have only 3 seniors on the field at any one given time. Blaster knows GW, and I have no reason but to say that what Blaster says, well that it is way it is at GW. Back to my question for Riverheads; You guys say that you are in a rebuilding year, so are you guys playing underclass guys, guys without experience, and how many seniors will Riverheads have on O and D starting Saturday, My Friends?

Welcome Red18 to this fourm board. We are all football guys who love the sport of football, especially high school fb. We welcome your thoughts and input, My Friend!

rhs has 12 sr,s and 2 of them got injured during the season, 1 was our starting rb, he would have had a monster season, number 2 qb/db, number 3 rb/dt, number 4 rb/db, number 10 kicker, number 15 rb/de, number 21 og/dt, number 42 fb/db these are twins, 21 and 42, number 55 og/lb, number 74 ot/dt, and 81 te/dt hope that helps a little

Thanks for te welcome guys , the most srs on o at one time will b 5 at most , I wouldn't say a rebuilding yr because every team looses srs every yr so every yr is a rebuilding yr lol

For clarity 4-5 on O or D at any one time. That said Casto always have some of the younger players on the field in rotation. By that I mean you will see some sophomores or even freshman playing in certain situations. We do not have a situation where there's a whole class on the line or all our backs being from a particular class. It's equal opportunity at RHS. You perform in practice and game day and you play, period.

Bama is correct ! Casto plays his talent no matter if they r a freshman or senior , If ya want playing time u have to earn it .

His success yr after yr comes from playing those younger kids in the rotation here and there . We never understand why he puts certain kids in positions he does but he is looking at next yr or the yr after . So I stopped tryin to figure his madness out lol

My question goes to the Riverheads guys; Blaster says that the youthful GW squad will have only 3 seniors on the field at any one given time. Blaster knows GW, and I have no reason but to say that what Blaster says, well that it is way it is at GW. Back to my question for Riverheads; You guys say that you are in a rebuilding year, so are you guys playing underclass guys, guys without experience, and how many seniors will Riverheads have on O and D starting Saturday, My Friends?

With all due respect to Blaster, this isn't entirely true for GW, especially on defense where Rosenbaum, Fox, Wells, Hardin, Dickenson, Sweet, and Tolley are typically on the field. Offensively, Wells, Hardin, and Rosenbaum stay in for the most part with Dickenson and Tolley rotating in.

So basiclly we have about the same # of srs on the field at any given time , should b a good game from what iv seen of gw on film . Havnt seen them in person so it's realy hard to tell .

Bama:

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION OF THE DAY..................... Do you guys have the 69 cent drink special?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT