ADVERTISEMENT

Half Dinwiddie 16 Hopewell 0

General172011

VaPreps Rookie
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2022
So far it’s been very sloppy offensively as well as 2 missed scoring opportunities in the red zone. We have to get more crisp!! Defense is playing lights out getting after the passer and good coverage. We did give up 2 50/50 ball though but overall they’ve done well. Must clean up mistakes offensively the playing ground isn’t an excuse

Hopewell offensive has been stagnant but Dinwiddie defense has been solid as a rock. Hopewell defense has played well but the offense has to make some plays, quarterback Tatum has been solid running and passing but the receivers has dropped the ball or it's been over thrown. It's 22-7 Dinwiddie .

Reactions: General172011
Final Dinwiddie 22 Hopewell 7. Dinwiddie had I believe 6 sacks tonight. Hopewell defense played really well but Dinwiddie stopped Hopewell twice in the red zone. Dalton was Dalton for Dinwiddie and Tatum for Hopewell played well running and made some nice throws. Both teams had alot of penalties especially Dinwiddie unusual for them. Going forward I do believe Hopewell will be really improved by playoff time, the offense of line has to protect Tatum the defense is good. For Dinwiddie needs to cut down on penalties and I believe they'll be just fine. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Those last three minutes must have taken at least 15 to 20 minutes to play. At least 6 penalties, probably 8 or 9. I think the game stopped for injured players 6 or 7 times. Hopewell had not quit, but they wanted it over with too. They had the ball and two time outs left, but didn’t use them. I very seldom second guess the officials, but I believe that should have been a little “less quick” to throw the flag.

I will say this, knowing that Hopewell was going to pass, the Dinwiddie defense laid their ears back and went after the QB. He took some nasty hits at the end of the game, but got back up and did his job.

It doesn’t get any easier. Next week Dinwiddie goes to Thomas Dale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT