ADVERTISEMENT

Halifax County 59 GW 58

I’ve watched the footage from the past few games and the guys are really getting together. Jaden Waller has had a breakout year coming up from the JV team this year, and his dunks off the fast break proves it. Kameron Roberts (Freshman) has been improving greatly since the first game. It would be nice to see them playing in Richmond for the first time in 45 years! (Not to discredit Salem, JF, Glass, and GW because those are tough teams as well)

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Winning in Danville isn’t easy. Winning in SoBo is just as hard. Both teams are young and the next match up will be very good!

The plan is hopefully we can get a pep rally the day of the game to hype people up. I've been working to cut the student ticket in half to increase attendance as well.We've added an (Official) taped off student section this year and there was absolutely no one (Despite 50-75ish students at the game) in the student section. Only about 20 stood in the student section for the Person County game and it could easily hold well over 100 students.

How many GW players also play football?

Can only imagine what Halifax would be like in football if the basketball players were allowed to play.

Can only imagine what Halifax would be like in football if the basketball players were allowed to play.
As for the Halifax side, Zach Carter, Kameron Roberts, and William Davis are the only football players that I know of that also play basketball.

For Danville, I know Graves and McDuffie are the main playmakers from their team

What is wrong with Kapone Barley? He's supposed to be the main guy for GW this year but has not been putting up numbers like expected and imo is one of the reasons why we're struggling so much.

Graves, Howard, Shakobe Hairston, Spratt, McDuffie, Shawn Watlington, Baynes, and Edmunds. The PG Waldon was playing but broke his collarbone early in the preseason.

@olemissboy30 great question. Certainly has the potential to be the best player in all of class 4. He has all of the tools.

I guarantee that if the Halifax basketball coaches didn't discourage basketball players from playing football, that the football team would be in top 4-5 in region yearly. However, they discourage it and the coaches and admin are okay with it and mediocre football teams.

I guarantee that if the Halifax basketball coaches didn't discourage basketball players from playing football, that the football team would be in top 4-5 in region yearly. However, they discourage it and the coaches and admin are okay with it and mediocre football teams.
A lot of folks have wondered why Halifax did not have the amount of football talent for a school of its size. I remember back in the 70's when O.C. Hailey was the starting QB and PG.

A lot of folks have wondered why Halifax did not have the amount of football talent for a school of its size. I remember back in the 70's when O.C. Hailey was the starting QB and PG.
Regionally speaking, Halifax should be one of the top teams West of 95 and South of 64 due to its size, as it is with almost every other sport. Hopefully with the slide down to 4D will open up the opportunity for championships. The past few years there's been a bit of a boost in youth football numbers, so hopefully its starting to change.

It's insane to think that the last title for any sport at Halifax was in 1991. It's also crazy to think that the annually dominant softball and baseball teams haven't won a single title since 1984, and I do believe that is their only title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT