ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage

Its all good. I am not going to disappear. I will eat crow. If you talk it, you have to be prepared to take it when your wrong. Great year heritage and just like glass earlier this year, turnovers did heritage in. Part of the game...Congrats Hopewell.

Its all good. I am not going to disappear. I will eat crow. If you talk it, you have to be prepared to take it when your wrong. Great year heritage and just like glass earlier this year, turnovers did heritage in. Part of the game...Congrats Hopewell.
I had no respect for you until now... Glad you dug down and said that...

I think alot of us can agree, that it was a whole lot of Heritage beating themselves... No doubt, Heritage is a awesome team... But in any sport, nobody stands that far from the next...

Reports I got on the game said that Hopewell tackled well today and executed in the first half the pic 6 was the difference in the game. Heritage rode their workhorse and Davis had 30+ carries to accrue that 230, rough one to end on.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Sorry but I'm skeptical of these stats for Davis. I have noticed that several news sites have reported different totals. For example: look at the news articles vs Staunton River. Channel 10 had him for 396. But 13 had him for 401. Being at that game I wouldn't have guessed he ran for that much. Not taking away from the kid. Just wondering if where these stats are coming from.

Sorry but I'm skeptical of these stats for Davis. I have noticed that several news sites have reported different totals. For example: look at the news articles vs Staunton River. Channel 10 had him for 396. But 13 had him for 401. Being at that game I wouldn't have guessed he ran for that much. Not taking away from the kid. Just wondering if where these stats are coming from.

I went off the VApreps scoreboard which has him listed at that, I’m going to assume that he was accurate as he was a the game giving updates?

Reactions: Srhs24104
See what I'm saying... ^^^ this is every week. Especially from heritage fans on Facebook. Tomorrow his stats will be at 240yds...

Exactly why does it matter by the exact yard? Some say this, some say that. Not going to change the outcome or anything for the young man. Not reason to get upset and accusatory about it

The difference was:
1) Turnovers - Heritage had 3 or 4 today. Quite alot considering they apparently hadn't had a turnover in 6 straight games
2) Heritage couldn't stop Hopewell's passing game.
3) Hopewell made the stops when they had to...

Like I said earlier...great game that came down to the last 30 seconds. That's how it should be

The difference was:
1) Turnovers - Heritage had 3 or 4 today. Quite alot considering they apparently hadn't had a turnover in 6 straight games
2) Heritage couldn't stop Hopewell's passing game.
3) Hopewell made the stops when they had to...

Like I said earlier...great game that came down to the last 30 seconds. That's how it should be
As Coach Irby has said through out the playoffs, after each win, this really has just been huge for our community. Great kids, great sportsmanship, extremely humble going into each game. I'm excited to watch Davis through out his career!(please choose JMU!). Awesome game as I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!

See what I'm saying... ^^^ this is every week. Especially from heritage fans on Facebook. Tomorrow his stats will be at 240yds...
I did the official stats for the VHSL..32 carries 229 with an 80 yard run and 1 TD.7.2 yards per carry.
Difference in the game was QB play
Blake 2-12 51 yards 2 INT including pick 6
Cuffey 13-21 240 yards 1 TD

Heritage didn't punt all afternoon

I would say that's a mouth full of crow to eat for one poster on here but in thinking about it that a dump truck load of crow.

Heritage had a great season and was off (or taken off) their game here.
Turn overs are killers.

congratulations to Hopewell and to heritage on a good game. and to the the the guy who talked all that trash you can go eat your crow until next season. never count your chickens before they hatch .

I did the official stats for the VHSL..32 carries 229 with an 80 yard run and 1 TD.7.2 yards per carry.

I went to the game... The stat books never show dropped passes, which Heritage had about 5 or 6. The opportunities were there but Coach never went back too what was given to him. 8 in thebox, single high safety. Look I don't care if the qb did throw a pick six you still take shots if its there to loosen up the defense. He took one in the 3rd quarter that which resulted in a 40 yrd pass play that set up the 2nd TD of the qtr.

the game is history now two great teams one had to win, hats off to all the kids who played in this game maybe next year they will meet again I know Hopewell has a lot of players coming back not sure about heritage.

Heritage I think has 22 seniors. Think they return 4 or 5 on each side of the ball. They lose a good amount of linemen to graduation.

That is a crazy stat right there. Turnovers killed Heritage. Hopewell defense played well and had a lot to do with that. Devils offense made plays when they needed too. Was a very good game, defensive coaches type of game.

Congrats to your alma mater. Keep Truckin'!

Hopewell defense has played great all year allowing about 12.5 points a game so it no surprise to me.
Stack the box and make someone else beside Davis beat you. They were one on one on the outside all day long and Heritage couldn’t get anyone else the ball. Hopewell looked crazy Athletic on D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT