ADVERTISEMENT

Hermitage 40, Manchester 28 not as close as final score.

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
Panthers controlled game most of the way and Manchester scored two late TD's to make it look more respectable. Manchester threw five interceptions and Hermitage will not lose to anyone who turns it over 5 times. Lancers scored twice in last 1:30 once after an onside kick and they actually got another one but threw the final interception as they were trying to cut it to 5. Best season ever for Manchester, but nobody in the Region seems to be able to knock off Bird or Hermitage in the playoffs except for Bird and Hermitage.

Series history for Bird and Hermitage (Interestingly they never met until 2004 and never again until 2010, but now it's an annual matchup.

2013 L.C. Bird 28 Hermitage 14
2012 L.C. Bird 24 Hermitage 20
2011 Hermitage 10 L.C. Bird 0
2010 Hermitage 17 L.C. Bird 14
2004 L.C. Bird 15 Hermitage 13

These were all pretty great games that weren't decided until very late. I hope they play another good one. The 15-13 game was one of the best I ever saw and I actually listened to the last 4 on the radio and was on the edge of my seat. Once again I will be Charlotte, NC for the Foot Locker Cross Country South Regionals (my daughter's final cross country race as she decided not to compete in college), so I'll have to listen on the radio (I hope it's on the radio). Good luck to my friends at Bird, Good luck to Hermitage...both schools have all of my respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT