ADVERTISEMENT

Hidden Valley vs. Salem - Region IV

Sep 20, 2008
Looks like it is going to be a rematch between the top two teams in the River Ridge district. Hidden Valley played a great game last night. As did Salem... Any thoughts on the matches?

Both HV-Salem matches during the season, went 5 games with Salem winning the 5th game 16-14. Either team can win this.
HV had the more competitve match against CS to make the finals while Salem's win was less intense. HV is riding high right now and Salem will have to step it back up.
Both are excellent teams and are deserving of their state bids.

It says alot for the overall strength of the RRD that the 3rd place team (HV) is going to states. Salem hasn't had a tough match in quite a while so I'd give the edge to HV on Saturday. Regardless of Saturday's result, both teams will have tough matches next Tuesday against Rustburg and Turner Ashby so it will not be an easy road to get the opportunity to go to Richmond for the Final 4 but either/both of them could do it. With as many seniors as both of these teams have, I wouldn't put anything past them at this point - you know they are hungry to go to Richmond for the first time.

This is the second year in a row that has happened. Salem was the 3rd place team last year and went to States. After seeing the Piedmont district and SW district champions; Blacksburg, the 4th place team in the River Ridge, would have won both those. Once again the River Ridge district has shown it is without a doubt the toughest around.

I think this could be the match of the year. With both matches this season going to 5 games. I feel each of these teams can do well in State also. Hidden Valley played so well last night, they really clicked on all aspects of the game. Salem has not played a tough regional match yet, but they have not been healthy in some time so those types of matches can build back confidence and momentum. It should be a great match no matter what.

I agree. It's a shame that Hidden Valley doesn't have the Ringer girl. But it seems like everyone on that team has stepped up. Salem is always a tough opponet though! I have no clue who to give the edge to.

hidden valley wins in 5. they won the first, second, and fifth games, with comebacks in the first and second. good match for both teams.

hidden valley plays turner ashby tuesday at home.
salem plays rustburg tuesday away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT