ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs vs StoneBridge

Who wins

• Highland Springs

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Stone Bridge

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Norview came to play today! HS looked flat as hell in the first quarter, then woke up on offense in the second quarter to take a 21-13 halftime lead. HS was hampered by penalties and questionable playing in the 3rd qtr and Norview had closed to 21-19. HS scored again in the 4th to take a 28-19 lead leaving about 5 minutes in the game when Norview scored again and missed a 2 pt conv. to make it 28-25. HS did control the ball, running the ball at will in the 4th, but Norview would answer.With a little under 2 minutes, HS was unable to convert on 4th down and Norview took over on about their own 15.
they were able to get one 1st down and with under a minute to play, the failed to convert on 4th down. HS was then able to take a knee and run out the clock!

Last edited:
Norview came to play today! HS looked flat as hell in the first quarter, then woke up on offense in the second quarter to take a 21-13 halftime lead. HS was hampered by penalties and questionable playing in the 3rd qtr and Norview had closed to 21-19. HS scored again in the 4th to take a 28-19 lead leaving about 5 minutes in the game when Norview scored again and missed a 3 pt conv. to make it 28-25. HS did control the ball, running the ball at will in the 4th, but Norview would answer.With a little under 2 minutes, HS was unable to convert on 4th down and Norview took over on about their own 15.
they were able to get one 1st down and with under a minute to play, the failed to convert on 4th down. HS was then able to take a knee and run out the clock!

The Springers were fortunate to get a win yesterday. Hard fought game. If Norview had more time on the clock on that last drive it could have been bad news. But THEY DIDN"T. A win is a win. Now I will take the Springers against Stone Bridge for Back-to-Back state championships

@springer76 how ya feeling? What are you hearing about game prep? The boys feeling confident? What's your prediction?

They are confident! They are on a mission! They promised Angie Johnson
( Thaxton's mother who passed away 3 weeks ago), that they would win it for her!
The coaches are very familiar with the single wing offense and Coach Johnson played Stone Bridge when he was @ Stonewall Jackson in Manassas. He knows the Coach and familiar with his style.
Springers have been practing at a local college with terf, to get used to it!
My prediction:
34-14 Springers!

Reactions: OCBoy and mbonape1
Norview came to play today! HS looked flat as hell in the first quarter, then woke up on offense in the second quarter to take a 21-13 halftime lead. HS was hampered by penalties and questionable playing in the 3rd qtr and Norview had closed to 21-19. HS scored again in the 4th to take a 28-19 lead leaving about 5 minutes in the game when Norview scored again and missed a 3 pt conv. to make it 28-25. HS did control the ball, running the ball at will in the 4th, but Norview would answer.With a little under 2 minutes, HS was unable to convert on 4th down and Norview took over on about their own 15.

It seems like no one ever gets those three point conversions.

Reactions: mbonape1
Hey Springers, best wishes tomorrow. If you plan to come by Zable after your game, hit me up and I'll meet you somewhere.

They are confident! They are on a mission! They promised Angie Johnson
( Thaxton's mother who passed away 3 weeks ago), that they would win it for her!
The coaches are very familiar with the single wing offense and Coach Johnson played Stone Bridge when he was @ Stonewall Jackson in Manassas. He knows the Coach and familiar with his style.
Springers have been practing at a local college with terf, to get used to it!
My prediction:
34-14 Springers!
My prediction, I knew we could score 5 tds. Stone Bridge was better offensively than I thought! that single wing offense is very tricky and they are good! Their Oline dominated the entire game.
Angie's presence was strong!!!!! Her son, Chris Thaxton had a terrific game and caught the winning TD with 22 seconds left in the game. HS's explosiveness is what sealed the game scoreing 21 points within a span of 3 minutes to close the game.
35-29! What a game! Back2Back State Champs!! Can the Springers 3peat? We will lose a ton this year, BUT they will be young! They will have tons of talent! They will have a stable of good RBs, a real good QB, good WRs and lots and lots of speed! Size on the line won't come close to this years, but they could be talented enough! We shall see!!

Great win... your the best of the best 2x in a row. Was happy to see the Thaxton kid have success out there with all he has been through.

SB was good. Amazing game!

BTW did you stay for the 6A game?

That was a heck of a game. HS had speed to burn that they finally started utilizing more in the second half. I still think Massaponax would've been a better match up if they hadn't started turning it over the week before, and would've handled HS in the trenches even better than SB did. That's what surprised me, I thought HS would dominate SB in the trenches, just going by what I've read on here. But between the two games, we really got our money's worth! I just hope it's moved from Hampton ASAP, and I'm never one of those guys who finds something to complain about with venues.

That was a heck of a game. HS had speed to burn that they finally started utilizing more in the second half. I still think Massaponax would've been a better match up if they hadn't started turning it over the week before, and would've handled HS in the trenches even better than SB did. That's what surprised me, I thought HS would dominate SB in the trenches, just going by what I've read on here. But between the two games, we really got our money's worth! I just hope it's moved from Hampton ASAP, and I'm never one of those guys who finds something to complain about with venues.

Why didnt you like the hampton venue?

I didn't like the venue either. It was very tight! Stone Bridge side was about 75% full. HS side was loaded like a can of sardines! Hundreds of Springer fans stood around the barrier and filled in one end of the visitors side. IT WAS TOO SMALL! That place wasn't much bigger than Highland Springs HS!

I think some of the HS fans were just too lazy to walk to the nearly completely empty section at the end of their side. There was plenty of room there and in the endzone stands. Plus the sun was shining on the endzone stands, so it felt great up there and those folks missed out.
Why didnt you like the hampton venue?
The walkways in the stands were way too narrow.

The wooden bleachers.

The restroom locations.

The $5 parking charge. Other than that, parking was fine and I arrived near the end of the 1st quarter of game 1.

The concessions were the worst managed I've ever seen. They were completely out of napkins and most food by the end of the first game. All I wanted was some hot chocolate and they were out of that. My friends had some wings and said they were terrible. Overheard others saying how cold the fries and chili were. Concessions completely closed during the second game. That's ridiculous. They should've easily been able to handle the crowds. Not a good look for an HBCU (and I'm black).

The only positives to me were the turf field and the brick walls had that classic, old-school charm.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT