ADVERTISEMENT

History Says 2019 Class 4 Champion Is...

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
As many of you know, I do this about the same time every year... I like trends and stats... This year I did it again... I looked at previous champions, what they did the year before in order to give us an idea of who will win it all...

Keep in mind this all in good fun...

Trends-
5 of the last 8 champions reached the state championship game before winning it all the next year.
13 of the last 16 champions won 8 or more games the year before winning it all.
5 of the last 8 champions were in the top four in ratings.

Odds-
12 previous champions played in the state semifinals the year before.
22 previous champions won 8 or more games the year before.
16 previous champions were in the to 7 in VHSL ratings a year before winning it all.

Facts-
9 previous champions won the state title a year before doing so again.
10 previous champions won 10 games the year before winning it all.
4th in the ratings is the sweet spot, more champions finished there the year before winning it all than any other spot.

So who is the team that fits these best?

Trending leads us to believe it will be Lake Taylor...
Odds/Probabilities tell us it could be Lake Taylor or Blacksburg...
Facts tell us it will either be Lake Taylor or Blacksburg...

Are you seeing a theme here?

There have been 11 1st time champions within Class 4 and 8 times the next year it was a previous champion who won it all.

All signs point to Blacksburg or Lake Taylor claiming the 2019 Class 4 State Title

Reactions: MrSir#5
After playing Lake Taylor last year in the playoffs at home and seeing the large amount of returnees and their top flight coaching staff, my money is already down as LT as the champions. They will be super primed to complete the road this year. If we were still in Group 4, they are still my pick.

What and who does Lake Taylor and Blacksburg return that offer validity to the analytics? I see two All State and one all region players returning for LT. don’t know much about Blacksburg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT