ADVERTISEMENT

History Says 2019 Class 5 Champion Is...

How did HSHS do in scrimmage today against TD
Good! HS 1st offense and 1st team defense played just enough to show that they are as good as advertised! The offense moved the ball with ease and the defense was as stifling as a stone wall! 2nd team was good and did well, offense and defense. 3rd teamers are in need of some work!
HS's 1st team offensive and defensive lines are incredible. Jones at qb is fun to watch! Fast on his feet and very accurate arm!. The 1st team defense shut down Dale's 1st team in eye popping fashion. It was over quickly, then the other kids got mire work in.
When regular play starts, it will take an elite team to take these guys down!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
How did HSHS do in scrimmage today against TD
Dale never reached the end zone,even with that incredible RB. Springers first team offense scored on 2 of 3 sets of plays. The D is as advertised. That offensive & defensive lines controlled the game in the short time they were in. The experience is OBVIOUS! It’s gonna take something special to beat HSHS.

Avalon....you’re up next!

I would like to see highland springs up against top teams from Texas or bama it would be interesting. I wouldn't count them out
Im hoping another big season from HSHS May bring one of the big teams calling,but let’s get through 2019 first.

Well it seems that Highland Springs is already hitting on all cylinders. They are building quite a dynasty over on the east end.

I have to admit being a bit surprised by their total domination of Dale, but I have to finally admit that I fall for the same old song and dance every year. I know it was just a scrimmage; however, I am growing tired of people (me included) over hyping the Knights "This was a quote from a news segment this week "Dale is loaded and the team is anticipating a long playoff run". Have heard this for the last four years. Yes, they always have an abundance of talent and high expectations, but that's were it always ends and I don't fault the players at all. I still don't understand why Coach Tucker doesn't utilize his athletes by putting them in space. He basically puts a collar on his horses by running the wing freaking t. With so little space its no wonder Dale had 7 qbs hurt last year. When they ran a pro style offense they were a beast to defend. No so much anymore!

I apologize for my rant. Congrats again to the Springers. Keep it rolling for your school, team, and RVA!

Last edited:
Well it seems that Highland Springs is already hitting on all cylinders. They are building quite a dynasty over on the east end.

I have to admit being a bit surprised by their total domination of Dale, but I have to finally admit that I fall for the same old song and dance every year. I know it was just a scrimmage; however, I am growing tired of people (me included) over hyping the Knights "This was a quote from a news segment this week "Dale is loaded and the team is anticipating a long playoff run". Have heard this for the last four years. Yes, they always have an abundance of talent and high expectations, but that's were it always ends and I don't fault the players at all. I still don't understand why Coach Tucker doesn't utilize his athletes by putting them in space. He basically puts a collar on his horses by running the wing freaking t. With so little space its no wonder Dale had 7 qbs hurt last year. When they ran a pro style offense they were a beast to defend. No so much anymore!

I apologize for my rant. Congrats again to the Springers. Keep it rolling for your school, team, and RVA!

No more wing T. They were in spread.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Controlled scrimmage to start and neither team scored. HSHS had 1 long run that ended at the 1 during controlled scrimmage. Dale reached the red zone but had a turnover.

Game situation, Staters on starters, 0-0 for a quarter. Backups 6 to 3 HSHS. Dale held their own with HSHS. Very vanilla play calling both sides of the ball. Both teams are huge up front and fast. The edge would go to HSHS with the 1s, but its not as huge as some would make it seem.

I hate when people cant be unbias with their opinions. Have a great day
Lol....HSHS DID get in the end zone on the first drive WITH QUITE EASE! Dale reached the red zone vs HSHS’s THIRD D-line and most of the second back 7. Dale was COMPLETELY ineffective against HSHS’s first D just like last year. The only time Dale got ANYTHING goin,it was versus HSHS reserves. After that Dale FG,HSHS’s first offense AGAIN went down the field with ease and scored EASILY,punching it in from the 1.

It WAS very vanilla,most of the time,while HSHS worked with its transfer QB and developed it’s younger kids fresh off another 10-0 JV. I don’t think the kid can run the read-option that Jones has mastered. Dent is an obvious pocket passer,with good form,as long as he’s not on the move. It looked like Dale was developing a QB,and I agree...that was the spread,but IMO,Dale needs more help out wide. That RB(he’s everything advertised)could thrive in either offense(spread or wing) vs a lesser defensive team,and I doubt they’ll see a better front 4 all season.

It’s not biased when MULTIPLE teams from all over the area,and media outlets are making the same comments(I heard one Glen Allen guy say,he couldn’t believe they got better from last year) about the GLARING differences. Sorry to burst your bubble. Fact is...the ONLY team that can stop the Springers this year...is themselves! Johnson is WAY to good to allow that to happen.

Dale will be quite good in D6! HSHS is driving for 5! Good luck to Dale & take care.

Reactions: springer76
Lol...I guess! HSHS fans have more to talk about than a scrimmage around the water cooler!

Fun having HIgh School football back!
Lol. Hopefully we can meet up sometime this season. Its been awhile. Raising kids you know

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT