ADVERTISEMENT

Honaker Vs. Altavista

Generally i would say yes.. typically the pass D isnt top notch! This year is different IMHO from what ive seen... ask Haysi..who has a tenacious passing attack!! See what they say....
Have we seen a D1 commit at QB .. No....
This post was edited on 12/4 10:32 PM by WhoopyCushion

Yes....very vulnerable to the pass...19 INTs this year, please throw the ball....I look forward to the ride to Naker (figured I would shorten theirs up too since some people cant type ALTAVISTA).

Yes.....their were a few folks from Naker at the ALTAVISTA Haysi game last year and they were a great bunch to be around and they truly loved their Naker football. I cant wait to get back over that direction this Saturday to meet some more great folks from the western part of our GREAT State.

Yes.....as far as starters go ALTAVISTA does have a lot of players that go both ways, However, the 2nd string on this ALTAVISTA team could start at almost any other 1A school, (not all of them, but most). A better way to put it, most schools would love to have those kids on their team.

To mmqp, Raheem Dawson is a beast of a running back. I think that after that 1st offensive drive ALTAVISTA made adjustments that needed to be made on defense to stop him the best that they could. ALTAVISTA played a different style of offense against PM then they have all year, it was probably because PM was so good on offense and defense. It was actually refreshing to see that ALTAVISTA could actually move the ball 6 or 7 yards at a time instead of 40 or 50 at a time (not that 40 or 50 at a time is a bad thing, it is just not realistic when you are this deep in the playoffs). So far PM has been the best team that ALTAVISTA has faced.

This post was edited on 12/5 5:52 AM by knightfball11

A lot of folks were wanting PM to throw it last week, but I think the score would have been worse had we tried that. Fact is, Altavista is heads and shoulders above the rest. (I thought we should have stuck with dive plays right up the gut, no sweeps or reverses,, just quick hitters...in the end it would not have mattered).

Don't know a thing about Honaker and perhaps they do have the recipe to knock off the Colonels, that's why they play the game. I'd put my money on Altavista though.

Well we havent played a D1 recruit for any position I don't think. Thanks hokieheelz (better make sure I spell it out...lmao). Assume you guys are coming down today.
Have a good trip!
This post was edited on 12/5 7:59 AM by WhoopyCushion

This post was edited on 12/6 9:42 AM by WhoopyCushion

Really? Excuse me for using AV .. didnt realize it would upset SOME PEOPLE!! Have a good trip ma'am/sir.
That part of your post is laughable.... thanks for the rest of your post/opinion! Go NAKER!!!!!
This post was edited on 12/5 8:04 AM by WhoopyCushion

Altavista probably has the best 2 defensive backs in the state. Anyone who airs it out against them risks the chance of a pick 6.

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE ...ALTAVISTA

Honaker hospitality will be great. At Honaker we take pride in our hospitality and will welcome all the fans.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

To be honest whoopy....the AV didn't bother me so much it was more the Vista than anything. I'm glad that you thought that part of my comment was "laughable". I was not being ugly at all, I just think that it is almost an attempt to be demeaning by calling us Vista.....I mean no disrespect or harm in my statement. Look forward to seeing all of you.

Hope you didn't mind me saying Alta V..just thought it sounded cool is all..plus I get sick of autocorrect making the V in Vista capitalized. Much like I call Buena Vista, BV, for short. I used to call Portsmouth, P-Town, as well..Glasgow is G-Town...etc...etc... Not meant to be disrespectful at all.

Are you making the trip to Tappahannock?

Now wait a minute..

You were one of the people who sat here and dogged out Parry McCluer for not throwing the ball against the Colonels last weekend. And then you turn around and say this?? You cant have it both ways dude.

I thought PM did what gave them the best chance at winning. Altavista was just the better team flat out. PERIOD.

No disrespect or demeaning was meant by any shortening of the name. We are just having opinions here, exactly what the thread was made for. Who hasn't shortened things when typing/texting? I am not here to argue. This is suppose to be a fun place to talk not a place to throw insults and get mad.

PM was one dimensional, it probably would have been worse had they thrown it. I would have least spread them out and run it. Altavista stacked the box after the first drive( No Safety), and PM made no adjustment. Altavista is the favorite, we all know that. I'm just going with Honaker because of their balance. I personally don't think it would be an upset as some have said. I think it'll be a hard fought game.

I know Altavista is loaded but what is everyone gauging their strength against? Their opponent record is 42W - 58L regular season, well below .500. Which don't really mean a lot. But back to the first question?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT