ADVERTISEMENT

How does Bethel look?

Bruins should be much improved, I dare say one of the most improved teams in Tidewater this year with Dajour Dickens (that 6'11" big man you reference) and guard Cam Bacote (younger brother of ODU's Aaron Bacote with offers in hand from the Monarchs and IUPUI) now sophomores. Justin Nedd gives them a steady defender in the backcourt that can share the point guard duties with Bacote. Role players around them are showing progress.

I'm not sure I'd put them ahead of Kecoughtan or Oscar Smith - which got a boost with the addition of Nigel Ribeiro from Western Branch - just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they knocked off one of them and earned a regional bid.

Follow Hatfield Sports on Twitter

Got a chance to - any time you have a dominant big man and a playmaking guard, you can go a long way. Coach Brehon has been there in the big game before, so I'd say they definitely have a shot by the time those sophomores are seniors.

The one thing that could make things a bit trickier is that Bethel will move down to 5A next year and I'd argue that classification is deeper and more top-heavy at the moment.

Follow Hatfield Sports on Twitter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT