ADVERTISEMENT

HSHS 40 RIVERBEND 0

Actually this was posted on hshsfootball on facebook by one of their assistant coaches on Sept 11th, Monday
The Bears of Riverbend are defeated by the Springers. Freshmen Springers 48- Freshmen Bears 8. JV Springers 40- JV Bears 0.
Copied and pasted

Actually this was posted on hshsfootball on facebook by one of their assistant coaches on Sept 11th, Monday
The Bears of Riverbend are defeated by the Springers. Freshmen Springers 48- Freshmen Bears 8. JV Springers 40- JV Bears 0.
Copied and pasted

I thought for a sec that this was a varsity game on a thursday night that was already 40-0 at 8:45pm. Good gawwwd if it was

I thought for a sec that this was a varsity game on a thursday night that was already 40-0 at 8:45pm. Good gawwwd if it was
Evidently, it must have been played on Monday... It was posted on facebook at 10:40 pm approx. They have been doing the fresh at 5pm and varsity at 7pm, when possible, same day.. Especially when they travel like that. It was in Fredericksburg.
We played MBK Thursday. HS varsity 40-12. JV played same day at MBK, I think.

Evidently, it must have been played on Monday... It was posted on facebook at 10:40 pm approx. They have been doing the fresh at 5pm and varsity at 7pm, when possible, same day.. Especially when they travel like that. It was in Fredericksburg.
We played MBK Thursday. HS varsity 40-12. JV played same day at MBK, I think.
With regard to playing JV and/or FR on Mondays, I spoke with an official recently when our JV game was suddenly moved to a Monday at the request of the opponent. He said that many Loudon teams routinely play JV/FR on Mondays because it is a numbers issue. I guess playing JV on Mondays then gives those kids a bit more rest if they are expected, or needed, to play on varsity on Fridays. Kind of makes sense, because I have seen the numbers decreasing significantly over the past 10-15 years on more than a few teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT