ADVERTISEMENT

HSHS/Chambers moved to 5pm

E96P9WuXsAEZ7oE
E96P9WxXoAELwNr

HS evens it up at 7. Just saw their kicker make a PAT, which makes Johnson’s choice to go for it earlier even more curious.

Less than 2 mins in the half. Chambers defense has been on the field most of the half.

HS evens it up at 7. Just saw their kicker make a PAT, which makes Johnson’s choice to go for it earlier even more curious.
PAT is all he’s got! Chambers playing with backup QB. Lots of flags on both teams.

I mean, I’m pretty sure a kicker who can make a PAT usually can add 3-4 more yards.

Oh yeah where hoosprings
I’m here and I’m quite happy with what I saw! HS won’t see a better team the rest of this year. 2 unfortunate missed tackles led to 2 long TDs and a corner falling down cost the last TD,but the D shut down 2 4-star RBs. Congrats to Chambers but this was 20x betr than I saw vs TDale. I like how Chambers is willing to give up a lot of penalties rather than give up TDs. They were called for 7 pass interference calls. HSHS has some drive finishing to work on,but I was overall happy with the Springers!

I mean, I’m pretty sure a kicker who can make a PAT usually can add 3-4 more yards.
Not really. He was trying from the 10yd line in warmups and wasn’t making it to the back of the end zone much less to the goal post.

Reactions: WP02alum
I’m here and I’m quite happy with what I saw! HS won’t see a better team the rest of this year. 2 unfortunate missed tackles led to 2 long TDs and a corner falling down cost the last TD,but the D shut down 2 4-star RBs. Congrats to Chambers but this was 20x betr than I saw vs TDale. I like how Chambers is willing to give up a lot of penalties rather than give up TDs. They were called for 7 pass interference calls. HSHS has some drive finishing to work on,but I was overall happy with the Springers!
To me the difference in the game was HS is a little green in some spots on offensive line, secondary and at qb. With some game experience still the favorite in 5A IMO

Who is Patrick? Funny a man who @CRF4Dan and @DinwiddieProud claims is such a great/innocent man is nothing but a real life devil. Who even insinuates and calls a person’s real name on a message board? You’re an ignorant low life. Still trying to figure out what the hell a “councilor” and who “Patrick” is?
LMAO! You are so far off base it is comical! Don't blame it on them. I'm just letting you know I know who you are. A little digging on my own. The old DanvilleSportsHead who keeps changing his name! Who would know that I am a musician... one person came to mind as who, other than them, would know that. Then I remembered a couple of years ago I sat with you at a Varina/ HS game. You were very nice that day, told me about you working at VHS as a security guard. Then you gave me your phone number and your name. I still have your phone number!
A man of many faces.Hahahahaha.

I didn't get to the chambers vs HSHS game. I hope HSHS got through the game injury free. Chamber's coach kinda has a history of leaving teams pretty beat up after a game.

I didn't get to the chambers vs HSHS game. I hope HSHS got through the game injury free. Chamber's coach kinda has a history of leaving teams pretty beat up after a game.
Darn sure was a physical game. A Chambers kid seemed to be the worst injuried. Looked like a knee. They had to transport him off of the field with the ATV. Chambers had several others with dings and dangs, and a lot of cramps. HSHS had a few stoppages for injuries, but nothing appeared to be serious. On poor HS kid, #13, got whacked pretty good. We saw his helmet off on the field, but I think he took it off. Like was said by a member of our group, if the impact knocked his helmet off, he will have to go through the concussion protocol.

Amazing place, that new stadium. The lighting was phenomenal. Cutting edge LED. Sound system is top notch. I love the new scoreboard. They can program the team’s name, instead of just “visitors!” The Highland Springs faithful have a lot to be proud of.

The one area they need to work on is concessions. Too small and too slow for a crowd the size of last night. Plus, because of the location of the stand, every trip to the restroom meant you had to pass through the lines of folks at the concession stand.

One other suggestion. The parking area for the school busses should be dual marked for car parking. The way people parked cut the capacity of the lot by 50%.

Even with the heat, we all had a good time. It would have been better if the Springers had won, but that is the way it is sometimes. A special shout out to Springer76 for letting us wait out the later starting time in the air conditioned comfort of his home.

Darn sure was a physical game. A Chambers kid seemed to be the worst injuried. Looked like a knee. They had to transport him off of the field with the ATV. Chambers had several others with dings and dangs, and a lot of cramps. HSHS had a few stoppages for injuries, but nothing appeared to be serious. On poor HS kid, #13, got whacked pretty good. We saw his helmet off on the field, but I think he took it off. Like was said by a member of our group, if the impact knocked his helmet off, he will have to go through the concussion protocol.

Amazing place, that new stadium. The lighting was phenomenal. Cutting edge LED. Sound system is top notch. I love the new scoreboard. They can program the team’s name, instead of just “visitors!” The Highland Springs faithful have a lot to be proud of.

The one area they need to work on is concessions. Too small and too slow for a crowd the size of last night. Plus, because of the location of the stand, every trip to the restroom meant you had to pass through the lines of folks at the concession stand.

One other suggestion. The parking area for the school busses should be dual marked for car parking. The way people parked cut the capacity of the lot by 50%.

Even with the heat, we all had a good time. It would have been better if the Springers had won, but that is the way it is sometimes. A special shout out to Springer76 for letting us wait out the later starting time in the air conditioned comfort of his home.
jealous in so many ways. don't tell me he had cold lemon-aide & snacks too!!??

I enjoyed every bit of it,(except the loss). You guys are always welcomed, that's what we do! I think chambers was the the more physical team. Had it not been for the defensive breakdowns on the 3 80 yard td scores, I'd say it was pretty even. I think HS actually controlled the ball a little bit better. We squandered 2 potential scores. If those 2 squander had paid of, we could've won the game. HS will learn from the mistakes and continue to improve. I'd say by playoff time, they will definitely be a tough draw

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I enjoyed every bit of it,(except the loss). You guys are always welcomed, that's what we do! I think chambers was the the more physical team. Had it not been for the defensive breakdowns on the 3 80 yard td scores, I'd say it was pretty even. I think HS actually controlled the ball a little bit better. We squandered 2 potential scores. If those 2 squander had paid of, we could've won the game. HS will learn from the mistakes and continue to improve. I'd say by playoff time, they will definitely be a tough draw

Keep in mind that was Chambers back-up QB. They had guys running free, but he was late on reads and less mobile. Was a good game plan - take away the run and force them to beat you through the air. Not many teams that can bottle up Smothers. HS has solid DL.

Both QBs actually had that deer in the headlights look early on. Likely from the pressure. I think your sophomore (?) QB is going to be good. And secondary will get better with experience. Really was just a couple missed tackles and one blown coverage on those big plays. Easily correctable.

Last edited:
Reactions: springer76
I live in Charlotte. I’m surprised at this score. Chambers almost blew a lead last week in a 34-29 win over Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out for both teams. I-Mech 4a with the top 2 teams in the state. Chambers might have their hands full with Hough. Mallard Creek is rebuilding, but always tough.

Reactions: springer76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT