ADVERTISEMENT

HSHS v Nansemond River Game Day

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
Game will be at HSHS Vic Kreiter Sradium
$10.00.
Across the street on Beal Street, the practice field will open at 8am for tailgating.$ 20 00/ a car load!
Bring tents, shelter tents, chairs, grills, coolers (be discreet), food, cheer and all of your friends!
Coming from Tidewater, I64 west to Highland Springs Exit (Airport Rd N)
Cross the tracks and turn left on Beal St.
Tailgating on the left. Stadium on the right.
Go Springers!

Reactions: Herm95
Congrats on the win Springer76! From what I've heard from many Herm fans that were at the game, and quite a few HSHS fans (I skate at Roller Dome so I know a lot of people associated with HSHS) as well, a bunch of Hermitage coaches should be fired for the job, or lack thereof, in the second half. I'd love your opinion on it. Having a bunch of Herm fans complaining about it wouldn't overly resonate with me, but when I've got HSHS fans telling me the same thing, I'm definitely interested. Anyway, best of luck this Friday, I'm gonna try to get over for the game. Let's get by Nansemond River, on to the title game, and keep the title in the 804! Go Springers

Congrats on the win Springer76! From what I've heard from many Herm fans that were at the game, and quite a few HSHS fans (I skate at Roller Dome so I know a lot of people associated with HSHS) as well, a bunch of Hermitage coaches should be fired for the job, or lack thereof, in the second half. I'd love your opinion on it. Having a bunch of Herm fans complaining about it wouldn't overly resonate with me, but when I've got HSHS fans telling me the same thing, I'm definitely interested. Anyway, best of luck this Friday, I'm gonna try to get over for the game. Let's get by Nansemond River, on to the title game, and keep the title in the 804! Go Springers
The first half looked to be Herms game. HS had the turnover bug, big time!. Second half, HS got their s@#* together and played, Offense and Defense!! Herm did look a little befuddled in the 2nd half.... My opinion is simple.... They got out played and out coached too! The better team won! Hermitage was too "one dimensional". It was obvious what they were going to do next.
The officials that officiated this game were the worst I've ever seen, they were down right ridiculous !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Herm95 and CRF4Dan
Game will be at HSHS Vic Kreiter Sradium
$10.00.
Across the street on Beal Street, the practice field will open at 8am for tailgating.$ 20 00/ a car load!
Bring tents, shelter tents, chairs, grills, coolers (be discreet), food, cheer and all of your friends!
Coming from Tidewater, I64 west to Highland Springs Exit (Airport Rd N)
Cross the tracks and turn left on Beal St.
Tailgating on the left. Stadium on the right.
Go Springers!
Someone is actually going to charge for parking to tailgate? And if this is school property (I don't know if it is or not), "coolers" allowed?

It is to raise $$ for the football team. Actually, alcohol is not allowed. Just saying.
They do it every year and it is a hit!
People bring their RV's full of people, vans full! Set up huge spreads of food and loud music!
There is always a police officer or 2 on premises keeping an eye. So, if you bring your libation of choice, you'd better keep it on the DL or you could get asked to leave. BUT, sometimes... "what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!"
You can park there for free, but the talegate isn't.

It is to raise $$ for the football team. Actually, alcohol is not allowed. Just saying.
They do it every year and it is a hit!
People bring their RV's full of people, vans full! Set up huge spreads of food and loud music!
There is always a police officer or 2 on premises keeping an eye. So, if you bring your libation of choice, you'd better keep it on the DL or you could get asked to leave. BUT, sometimes... "what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!"
You can park there for free, but the talegate isn't.
Makes sense. And I do remember the multitude of HSHS fans who traveled to the state championship games with setups in tow, too. Good luck and have a good time.

Reactions: springer76
Makes sense. And I do remember the multitude of HSHS fans who traveled to the state championship games with setups in tow, too. Good luck and have a good time.
I heard through the grapvine today, that the game Saturday will kick off @4pm not 2. The gate at the practice field still opens @8am for tailgating.

At our tail gates you will be amongst fish frying, chicken, steaks, burgers and dogs bbqing. Baked bean, potato salad.
Crabs, crab legs, breakfast food rolling, speakers, RVs, Trucks, Tents, Trailers, Campers and lots of friendly folks!

The officials that officiated this game were the worst I've ever seen, they were down right ridiculous !!!

Just curious because I came and watched the game from the home side and I didn't really get that take from the officials. What'd you see that you thought was so bad?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT