ADVERTISEMENT

Huguenot vs Clover Hill

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
F5ydUU2XkAAZytM

Props to Huguenot on a nice win. Hard to score 19 points with a running clock in second half. Clover Hill has really fallen off the wagon. They have given up 110 points in two games! 35 to Meadowbrook and 75 to Huguenot. I will be closely watching Huguenots 9/22/23 matchup with Powhatan.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Props to Huguenot on a nice win. Hard to score 19 points with a running clock in second half. Clover Hill has really fallen off the wagon. They have given up 110 points in two games! 35 to Meadowbrook and 75 to Huguenot. I will be closely watching Huguenots 9/22/23 matchup with Powhatan.
They did get an extra three weeks to prepare for their opener…😆

If y’all wasn’t playing Hopewell, I think that’s the game I’d be at. I think Powhatan is a huge sleeper in 4B.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Yeah, I was having a solid conversation last night about Region B seedings and things could get really crazy. King George will likely be the only undefeated team and after that it's a free for all. EV could likely end up with one loss, Varina with two, Hanover and Dinwiddie two or three,
Powhatan and Huguenot two, three or four. I don't know what to make of the Dominion District. Other than knowing Richmond School of Arts and Clover Hill will battle it out for last place you just don't know.

I know Clover Hill was already bad bad and not his fault, but it doesn't seem like the kids are responding to Gladscoe at all.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
We will know about Huguenot when they play Powhatan. That is the litmus test. If they win that game they are at the very least a playoff team in region B. At some point we have to acknowledge that they do have SEVERAL power 5 caliber players even though most of them are underclassmen. It is totally possible that Huguenot would go 8-1 in the Dominion. I do not personally believe the Huguenot / Teejay game will be made up. Not sure when they would be able to do it unless they both agree to have another 2 game week. Huguenot has firepower no doubt and thus they will throttle bad teams every time. Question is how will they respond when they get into a real game with closer to equal talent level. We shall see. I want to avoid over-reaction Tuesday here since CH is a bad football team but we may need to start putting some more respect on the Falcons name. Certainly if they beat Powhatan, WE MUST. Imagine how an 8-1 or possibly 9-1 Huguenot would impact region B playoff standings. Wow

Last edited:
I think Hanover is my sleeper. They have a big game with Godwin this week. I'm a big Sam Rogers fans and think he's building something like they had from about 2007-2014.
Hanover and PH-Ashland have always been a thorn in Dinwiddie's side and I truly hate playing either of them. We finally evened the series at 4-4 with Hanover, but still hold a 1-4 record against the Patriots. I liked Coach Rogers as high school and college player. He worked so hard at his craft and was tough as nails. I am sure he still has the same grit and work ethic as a coach. He has assembled a good young staff, so they should be fine.

Reactions: BJONESVAPREPS
I know Clover Hill was already bad bad and not his fault, but it doesn't seem like the kids are responding to Gladscoe at all.
Sometimes high schools just don't produce winning football teams and I think that is the case with Clover Hill. I was a huge fan of Coach Jennings and with the exception of a good 2019 season he couldn't do anything with them either. Since moving into Brandermill (2010) they have only three winning seasons (2010, 2011, and 2019). It's simply not a football school.

Now about Glascoe. I do not know the man and I applaud him for his longevity and dedication to the education/HS sports world. What I can say is I observed him, his staff, and his players for many years during our annual tri-scrimmage with bird and Henrico and I was shocked by the lack of discipline displayed by his coaches and players. He may be a wonderful man and I only saw him coach up close about six times, but I just didn't see the necessary leadership skills from him. If I am being too judgemental and I am off base I apologize. Just my observations.

Glascoe is good folk but his staff and the way he runs his program gives youth league. What’s crazy is, Glascoe and Jean Pierre are from the Loren Johnson coaching tree.

Glascoe is good folk but his staff and the way he runs his program gives youth league. What’s crazy is, Glascoe and Jean Pierre are from the Loren Johnson coaching tree.
Might be from the Johnson tree but that doesn't mean they are anything like Johnson. That's like family sometimes... I know a God fearing family that did nothing wrong, raised their kids right and there kids still turned out flaky and getting into trouble with the law all the time.

Oh definitely didn't want to make it seem like he's doing anything "bad" necessarily. But whatever spark he had the first couple of years at Henrico seems to long gone.

We will know about Huguenot when they play Powhatan. That is the litmus test. If they win that game they are at the very least a playoff team in region B. At some point we have to acknowledge that they do have SEVERAL power 5 caliber players even though most of them are underclassmen. It is totally possible that Huguenot would go 8-1 in the Dominion. I do not personally believe the Huguenot / Teejay game will be made up. Not sure when they would be able to do it unless they both agree to have another 2 game week. Huguenot has firepower no doubt and thus they will throttle bad teams every time. Question is how will they respond when they get into a real game with closer to equal talent level. We shall see. I want to avoid over-reaction Tuesday here since CH is a bad football team but we may need to start putting some more respect on the Falcons name. Certainly if they beat Powhatan, WE MUST. Imagine how an 8-1 or possibly 9-1 Huguenot would impact region B playoff standings. Wow
RPS, Downtown Administration, and Both high school administrations will not allow us to make up that game. We would love it, but that game is officially dead now and for the foreseeable future. Good Luck to the Falcons in 4A, we have 3A Region B to focus on. ONE GAME AT A TIME

Might be from the Johnson tree but that doesn't mean they are anything like Johnson. That's like family sometimes... I know a God fearing family that did nothing wrong, raised their kids right and there kids still turned out flaky and getting into trouble with the law all the time.
For sure. Wasn’t a jab, it’s more or less a huge surprise.

RPS, Downtown Administration, and Both high school administrations will not allow us to make up that game. We would love it, but that game is officially dead now and for the foreseeable future. Good Luck to the Falcons in 4A, we have 3A Region B to focus on. ONE GAME AT A TIME

Love and respect the TJ program especially seeing a school which such a small enrollment produce so many dogs! Good luck the rest of the way!

When a program's first season ever is not only winless but scoreless, that's probably an omen.

But seriously, was not aware CH has only won one playoff game. EVER. It's borderline impressive, especially in this day and age where everyone makes the playoffs.

For what it is worth… Huguenot’s JV won 76-0 last night against Powhatan and they are 4-0 and have crushed everyone they played so far. Dominating clover hill and Rich aren’t surprising but the Powhatan win by that margin is an eye raiser. Let’s see what happens tonight weather permitting.

For what it is worth… Huguenot’s JV won 76-0 last night against Powhatan and they are 4-0 and have crushed everyone they played so far. Dominating clover hill and Rich aren’t surprising but the Powhatan win by that margin is an eye raiser. Let’s see what happens tonight weather permitting.
Game moved to Monday at 6 PM

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT