ADVERTISEMENT

If the Springers fall Friday...

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
As I was doing some prep work for my previews this week, I stumbled upon a nugget... Highland Springs has not lost back-to-back games in one season since 2010 when they fell to Varina in the regular season finale and LC Bird in the playoffs. They have Maury this Friday so stay tuned...

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
2021-22 season HS lost 3 regular season games, Chambers, Martinsburg and Varina. Then won the Region title, then lost to Stone Bridge 28-26 in the Class 5 Semifinal. HS still feels the sting of that loss based on several bad calls by the officials. Stone Bridge advanced to the title game, beating Maury in the state title game.
This year's team reminds me of that years team. They got better and better as the season went on... ther is a ton of room for improvement as this year goes forward.

2021-22 season HS lost 3 regular season games, Chambers, Martinsburg and Varina. Then won the Region title, then lost to Stone Bridge 28-26 in the Class 5 Semifinal. HS still feels the sting of that loss based on several bad calls by the officials. Stone Bridge advanced to the title game, beating Maury in the state title game.
This year's team reminds me of that years team. They got better and better as the season went on... their is a ton of room for improvement as this year goes forward.
right
if they do lose (which is a possibility) it would just be learning experience for the remainder of the season.

right
if they do lose (which is a possibility) it would just be learning experience for the remainder of the season.
Yessir. In my opinion Maury and Phoebus are the two best teams in the state. Just want to see Springs compete more this week. But after this week they won’t play a better team, even if they go all the way to state title.

Reactions: springer76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT