ADVERTISEMENT

If You Could Go Back In Time

Did you ever get to see Danny Davis at Rustburg in the late 80's? He was as dominant on both sides of the ball as anyone I have ever seen.
Saw him and there is certainly a reasonable argument that he could be in the group I named. My listing of only five was more about a preference as opposed to saying that group should be limited to 5, 10, 20, whatever number.

I'd like to see how Bubba Chuck stacks up against Vic Hall. No doubt A.I. was the truth, but the little 5'8 155 kid from Gretna was just as good :cool:.. I said it *in my best Stephen A. voice possible*!!!!
I was fortunate to have seen both Iverson and Vic Hall play in person. I say that Vic Hall was the better QB but Iverson was the better football player. That's not taking anything away from Hall but, Iverson just did more for his team. He played QB, WR, DB, and returned kicks. I'm sure Hall could have did the same for his team but I guess it just wasn't needed of him because they had so many other weapons on those Greta teams.

I will always remember the first time Abell inserted Peter Rose at QB when GW played there in 06. GW was the only team that beat them that year. Don't get me wrong, GW was very good but Amherst just had a bad game that night. Alonzo Poe, John Rose, Peter, McCoy.. Definitely one of the best high school teams in the 2000s. I'd love to see how the Amherst team of 2007 stacks up against the best VA teams of all time.
I remember very well. That was the best decision ever made. Abell was an excellent coach and the fans and players loved him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT