ADVERTISEMENT

Im gonna be the Elephant in the room

Richlands loss to 3A Abingdon 17-10.

Now think about this for a second. You try to stir the pot, but in doing so, you are so ignorant that you get Richlands High in Virginia mixed up with Richlands High in North Carolina. Dude, I don't think I would have the guts to post any more if I made myself look so stupid like you just did. You sir, are a "tool."

Did you even bother to read the story to make sure it was the same school, or did it even matter to you whether it was ? Posting sh_t like that and not even making sure it was the right school is pretty bad.

After this year I doubt u see him post much on here anyway. You should work for CNN or all the other corrupt news outlets. Report false claims without knowing the facts.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
But what about the actual game? Abingdon is not exactly a historically strong football program and Richlands is a perennial power house. How did Abingdon hold Richlands to only 10 points?

Reactions: BCKnights
i apologize, my bad. there were people tagging Richlands on twitter. i did look silly for posting. I didnt see the little writing under JD news. My bad and i apologize again to Richlands fans.

But what about the actual game? Abingdon is not exactly a historically strong football program and Richlands is a perennial power house. How did Abingdon hold Richlands to only 10 points?

Abingdon was 9-1 last year and should be 9-1 this year. They have a great qb that's getting small D1 interest. Plus they have Coloboro from Gate City on their coaching staff.

That being said, I watched Graham dominate the second half against Abingdon and I thought Richlands would roll. Maybe one of their fans want to jump in here

Defensivly, Richlands played lights out. Giving up 17 to a team who came in scoring 49 a game is something to be commended. And one of those TDs should have never happened. An AHS receiver tackled our defender on a play and they called defensive PI. Our players and coaches were in the process of arguing as Abingdon went up and snapped the ball when our defense was clearly confused and broke off a 40 yard run to the 5 and they punched it in from there.

As for the Richlands offense, they played scared. We haven't developed a consistent run game, so Abingdon dared us to run by dropping 7 and 8 defenders and doubling Howie and Ball all night. It clearly confused JLA, who had the worst game of his career.

Some will say the weather had something to do with it, and it definitely had an effect, but it effected both teams out there. That's not an excuse.

Abingdon just had a good defensive gameplan and executed it to perfection. Even in our worse game in as long as I can remember, we were still in it. We went inside the 10 on four separate occasions and came away with 7 points. Can't win that way.

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
Richlands loss to 3A Abingdon 17-10.
i wasnt posting this score to clown. i was posting because this is big news for rankings. no one was saying anything on here.

i apologize again and didnt intend any ill will with the article. i was looking at twitter feed reading fans of abingdon being idiots towards Richlands fans. i cant stand that kind of crap. RyanVT did a great job by deflecting much of the tweets in a classy way.

I don't have a twitter account and therefor I didn't know about the twitter stuff.
Your original post about the score of the game was fine and had no problem with that at all, it was the other post that was the problem. I can't speak for all Richlands fans but I accept your apology and appreciate it very much. Mistakes can happen, although some can do more damage than others, but all a man can do is apologize when he finds out he did make a mistake and that's what you have done.
As far as the game goes, Ryan made a good post about it. Our D played really well, but our offense had about as bad of a night as we have had since I can remember, and I think you have to credit a lot of that to the Abingdon coaches and players. They had a fantastic defensive game plan and the players executed it very well. JLA also had what was arguably his worst night as a starter, but a lot of that was because of our inability to have any kind of competent running game for most of the year. I was afraid at the start of the season that it would bit us at some point in the season and/or in the playoffs and it finally did Friday.
We moved the ball pretty well between the 20's but when you get inside the red zone that is when a running game or lack there of can hurt you. A good well coached team knows how to use the sidelines and end zone to help squeeze the field and make it easier to cover the receivers, and Abingdon is a well coached team.
I still think the blues are one of the top 3 or 4 teams in AA and I will take my chances with a Mance coached team.
One thing about coach Mance and his staff is their ability to learn from games and make adjustments and I think they will make some adjustments.
But I still worry that the lack of a good running game may come back in the later rounds of the playoffs and bite us again, with teams like Graham, Appo, DR, Union in the west, they are all well coached and have plenty of athletes and I'm sure they will watch the film of this game see how Abingdon was able to defend us and try to do the same.
The Blues play their last game next week against a team they should beat ( Lebanon ) although no game is a given, but then they have their by week before the playoffs start so I'm sure Mance and his staff will work hard to at least find a way to run the ball better than they have..............at least when they are in the red zone when teams are daring us to run.

Reactions: VolNation85
The game was more like a chess match. That old coach they have in their corner has several State Championships and has coached some at Emory as well. Abingdon is not the same team of years past.

I posted at the beginning of the year that i was very concerned with the running game. Mance said in the post-game interview "We have to figure something out" and i believe after this wake-up call he will do everything he can. I believe the guys are strong up front but theyre just used to going backwards too often. They just need repetitions. Maybe they come out against lebanon and run it 50 times. I wouldnt mind seeing that tbh.

I don't have a twitter account and therefor I didn't know about the twitter stuff.
Your original post about the score of the game was fine and had no problem with that at all, it was the other post that was the problem. I can't speak for all Richlands fans but I accept your apology and appreciate it very much. Mistakes can happen, although some can do more damage than others, but all a man can do is apologize when he finds out he did make a mistake and that's what you have done.
As far as the game goes, Ryan made a good post about it. Our D played really well, but our offense had about as bad of a night as we have had since I can remember, and I think you have to credit a lot of that to the Abingdon coaches and players. They had a fantastic defensive game plan and the players executed it very well. JLA also had what was arguably his worst night as a starter, but a lot of that was because of our inability to have any kind of competent running game for most of the year. I was afraid at the start of the season that it would bit us at some point in the season and/or in the playoffs and it finally did Friday.
We moved the ball pretty well between the 20's but when you get inside the red zone that is when a running game or lack there of can hurt you. A good well coached team knows how to use the sidelines and end zone to help squeeze the field and make it easier to cover the receivers, and Abingdon is a well coached team.
I still think the blues are one of the top 3 or 4 teams in AA and I will take my chances with a Mance coached team.
One thing about coach Mance and his staff is their ability to learn from games and make adjustments and I think they will make some adjustments.
But I still worry that the lack of a good running game may come back in the later rounds of the playoffs and bite us again, with teams like Graham, Appo, DR, Union in the west, they are all well coached and have plenty of athletes and I'm sure they will watch the film of this game see how Abingdon was able to defend us and try to do the same.
The Blues play their last game next week against a team they should beat ( Lebanon ) although no game is a given, but then they have their by week before the playoffs start so I'm sure Mance and his staff will work hard to at least find a way to run the ball better than they have..............at least when they are in the red zone when teams are daring us to run.
thank u sir for accepting apology. yeah they was brutal on twitter.
great post about the game as well. Any given night it can happen. Watched my son play the worst game (college) of his life yesterday . It was hard to stomach. It happens to the best of em...

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
I posted at the beginning of the year that i was very concerned with the running game. Mance said in the post-game interview "We have to figure something out" and i believe after this wake-up call he will do everything he can. I believe the guys are strong up front but theyre just used to going backwards too often. They just need repetitions. Maybe they come out against lebanon and run it 50 times. I wouldnt mind seeing that tbh.
i remember there were a lot of folk on here concerned about running game at Richlands earlier this season.

After this year I doubt u see him post much on here anyway. You should work for CNN or all the other corrupt news outlets. Report false claims without knowing the facts.
I deserved that! I will take it!

But nah, i will be back. why everyone counting us out in the upcoming years. we are well coached. Good coaches can take average and good teams to contender status. No doubt out talent drops a bit this year, but we still have a solid team for years to come. our JV is 4-3, the 3 games we loss was when our QB got injured. Plus they pulled him up for varsity one game. never got blew out and loss by 3-7 points. our middle school team is 5-2. Our youth league is alive and strong. They are showing a lot of promise too.

Plus im a conservative, I would never work for CNN.

@AdvocateOfMany434 who does your son play for? I probably know him from LU football camp.
I will inbox you that. Nah, he never attended LU Camps.

UPDATE TO POST:
i forgot, I have to be a paying member to private message on here. I really dont want to put myself out there like that, dont want to be labeled "that guy" or "He only saying that cause his son is/was...." If we ever meet in person I will let you know.

Last edited:
I will inbox you that. Nah, he never attended LU Camps.

UPDATE TO POST:
i forgot, I have to be a paid member to private message on here. I really dont want to put myself out there like that, dont want to be labeled "that guy" or "He only saying that cause his son is/was...." If we ever meet in person I will let you know.
Cool cool I understand. I'll be at Liberty if you're still going to the VCU game on the 15th of November!

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
We haven't developed a consistent run game, so Abingdon dared us to run by dropping 7 and 8 defenders and doubling Howie and Ball all night. It clearly confused JLA, who had the worst game of his career.

This should be cause for concern for Richlands fans. They should have no problem in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but beyond that, you're going to need to be able to run or threaten to run the ball.

This should be cause for concern for Richlands fans. They should have no problem in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but beyond that, you're going to need to be able to run or threaten to run the ball.

Mance basically said that on the radio. They have been working on the run game this week. I'd assume you'll see a lot of it against Lebanon in an attempt to get reps.

Abingdon was 9-1 last year and should be 9-1 this year. They have a great qb that's getting small D1 interest. Plus they have Coloboro from Gate City on their coaching staff.

That being said, I watched Graham dominate the second half against Abingdon and I thought Richlands would roll. Maybe one of their fans want to jump in here
I wish GC had Colobro back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT