ADVERTISEMENT

Incredible stat from Madison Co/Nandua game...

Kinda off-topic, but how do you think WF would fare against Bishop Sullivan this year?
Hard to say...would be a heckuva match up. Haven't seen Bishop...only read about them. Being a homer, I'd pick WF since they are my 2nd favorite MC school. Their offense is just so explosive. However, word is that WF has a new headmaster who is de-emphasizing football. The HC is leaving and their schedule will be returning to a much less robust one. Too bad.

Last edited:
That was last week, this was a new week. Be happy you squeaked by Lee. Comments like this is why a lot of folks can't stand Clarke. No wonder the Millbrook fan likes to gig you...you bring it on yourself.
Wasn't trying to be a jerk, actually was a question. You are the one who brought up the coulda woulda shoulda listing of the kids that transferred. Again, if MC has talent that was present Friday night, where was it last Friday night?

As for Millbrook, I don't recall ever being disrespectful in my comments about them.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I guess I should point out the obvious answer(s) to your "benign" question. The match ups with Nandua were better for MC than with Clarke. Or maybe MC just executed better v. Nandua. Or maybe the football gods were smiling on MC's side of the field Friday night.

But my guess is that you already know that. It is obvious that you are fishing for compliments for Clarke. Since it is Sunday, here you go. Hope this makes you feel better:

Clarke has the best defense since the '85 Bears!!!!

For goodness sake man. MC's QB and offense had a great game Friday night. The stats do not lie.

Last edited:
I guess I should point out the obvious answer(s) to your "benign" question. The match ups with Nandua were better for MC than with Clarke. Or maybe MC just executed better v. Nandua. Or maybe the football gods were smiling on MC's side of the field Friday night.

But my guess is that you already know that. It is obvious that you are fishing for compliments for Clarke. Since it is Sunday, here you go. Hope this makes you feel better:

Clarke has the best defense since the '85 Bears!!!!

For goodness sake man. MC's QB and offense had a great game Friday night. The stats do not lie. But hey, if this is what you need to feel good about your team, have at it.
I guess if I had to answer clarke83's question-and remove any and all hostility :
Madison has always had athletes and skill kids. They always put up good balanced numbers in rushing and passing. That has never been the question. The issue with Madison for quite some time is upfront on both sides of the ball. I believe some of the kids that have left have been skill kids as well over the years.
Nandua is clearly a better match up for Madison than Clarke as that is a simple answer. No one will ever argue that. Teams from the eastern shore are not powerhouses upfront for the most part but usually have some skill kids.
Clarke is traditionally really good upfront and has athletes that fit what Clarke does well in the Single Wing. That hasn't bode well for Madison as they would rather see teams who want to "spread" it out more.

Now with saying all that --I root for all the BRD schools as long as they aren't playing Clarke.

Good luck to Madison/strasburg/central/clarke this Friday.

I guess if I had to answer clarke83's question-and remove any and all hostility :
Madison has always had athletes and skill kids. They always put up good balanced numbers in rushing and passing. That has never been the question. The issue with Madison for quite some time is upfront on both sides of the ball. I believe some of the kids that have left have been skill kids as well over the years.
Nandua is clearly a better match up for Madison than Clarke as that is a simple answer. No one will ever argue that. Teams from the eastern shore are not powerhouses upfront for the most part but usually have some skill kids.
Clarke is traditionally really good upfront and has athletes that fit what Clarke does well in the Single Wing. That hasn't bode well for Madison as they would rather see teams who want to "spread" it out more.
Thank you BRF, for explaining it. I am not a football guru by ANY stretch of the imagination, nor will I ever pretend to be. Shoot, a few weeks ago I learned from a good man what a "Bubble Screen" was. If I ask a question, it is sincerely not to berate anyone or be a smartass, it is because I do not know. I found out something else today as well, but I'll leave that to others to figure out what that is.

I just like to watch football. It is entertaining for me. I only was allowed to play 1 season as a kid and I loved it and I miss it.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
You said, "Again, if MC has talent that was present Friday night, where was it last Friday night?" That is not asking about X's and O's.

Maybe something came out wrong when typed but it is hard not to take that as anything but a slight. And I am not a dyed in the wool Mountaineer. Were it not for my better half, I would be at all Eastern View games. But I follow MC since I now live there. I just posted what I thought was an incredible stat line from this past Friday night.

Last edited:
Good grief, are you guys in middle school? This is a blog about high school football and everyone has a different opinion. Just read it and move on.

Reactions: WP02alum
And you felt obligated to inject that tidbit of wisdom?

Just FYI: You have the option of not reading if you do not like the content of this forum.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
You really add a lot! Thanks for taking away from the truly remarkable efforts of MC's QB and offense v. Nandua. Nice!

You know what, I have gone back and read and re-read my comment. I was wrong. You posted a good stat, actually a remarkable one, and my comment did come off as rude. I sincerely apologize Marshall Dillon. Good luck to MC this Friday night.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
That's the kind of football I like. I always say, if it takes a team more than 3 plays to score, it's a boring game. ha.

Bah! Nothing is more rewarding than a steady march down the field, a 15-play, 8-9 minute drive where a team just imposes their will. That crushes an opponents spirit.

Reactions: bullrun25
That's the kind of football I like. I always say, if it takes a team more than 3 plays to score, it's a boring game. ha.
I can appreciate both the run and shoot and a hard fought game in the trenches. When I was watching Madison beat Nandua, the thought did occur to me that it would be a game HR6 would enjoy. I believe there were three scores in the first minute.

I hate long time consuming drives that take 7,8 or 9 minutes off clock. It is boring football. Score quickly, execute on-sides kick, recover it and score again quickly. I like games to be decided before halftime.

I remember back in the day when Chris Thurman was Coach at Gretna, this happened a lot.

Look at what Nandua and Arcadia do once they reach the playoffs.

Puffing out your chest saying you did something great vs. an inferior opponent is pretty weak.
Do something vs a good team then you can shout it from the mountain.

Maybe their schedule isn't entirely their fault?
Looked at the VHSL master schedule:
Arcadia: 2A, 2A, 1A, 1A teams from MD, Nandua twice, 1A Northampton (district), 3A from NC, 1A Franklin, Private Broadwater on the Eastern Shore.

Nandua: 1A Rapp, 1A Windsor, 1A Lancaster, Arcadia twice, 1A Northampton (district), 4A, 3A, 1A, 1A from MD.

I understand the influx of Maryland teams due to their location. I agree that they play several 1A's that they could play better teams in place of. But a quick google search of the other 2A's in Conference 33 and the Quad Rivers,
Travel distance from Arcadia to:
King William 3:13, Bruton 2:23, W&L 3:52, Amelia 3:51, Bluestone 4:10, Brunswick 3:23, Goochland 3:34, Greensville 3:08, Nottoway 3:54, Prince Edward 4:15. All a little shorter to Nandua
Those are some long bus rides that would mean getting kids out of school early and why schedule either of these teams when the gate is going to be awful, you have the toll to cross the Chesapeake, and you can play someone 2-3 hours closer and save the headache.

Also, I just realized that I completely misread your post JMU, but I already typed all that and still thought it was worth sharing! haha

Look at what Nandua and Arcadia do once they reach the playoffs.

Puffing out your chest saying you did something great vs. an inferior opponent is pretty weak.
Do something vs a good team then you can shout it from the mountain.
I have no idea why you felt it necessary to belittle the efforts of a player or the teams involved. It was a great stat line, regardless of who, where, when, etc.

I am now extending three fingers on my right hand; my index finger, my middle finger and my ring finger. The index finger is for MC's QB for having a great night. My ring finger is for Nandua for having a good season and making the playoffs as the #9 seed. My middle finger is reserved for you. I'll let you decide why.

Having great stats especially individual stats vs an inferior team should be expected.... not praised.
(*If you are a good player or team who has some sense and class)

Maybe their schedule isn't entirely their fault?
Looked at the VHSL master schedule:
Arcadia: 2A, 2A, 1A, 1A teams from MD, Nandua twice, 1A Northampton (district), 3A from NC, 1A Franklin, Private Broadwater on the Eastern Shore.

Nandua: 1A Rapp, 1A Windsor, 1A Lancaster, Arcadia twice, 1A Northampton (district), 4A, 3A, 1A, 1A from MD.

I understand the influx of Maryland teams due to their location. I agree that they play several 1A's that they could play better teams in place of. But a quick google search of the other 2A's in Conference 33 and the Quad Rivers,
Travel distance from Arcadia to:
King William 3:13, Bruton 2:23, W&L 3:52, Amelia 3:51, Bluestone 4:10, Brunswick 3:23, Goochland 3:34, Greensville 3:08, Nottoway 3:54, Prince Edward 4:15. All a little shorter to Nandua
Those are some long bus rides that would mean getting kids out of school early and why schedule either of these teams when the gate is going to be awful, you have the toll to cross the Chesapeake, and you can play someone 2-3 hours closer and save the headache.

Also, I just realized that I completely misread your post JMU, but I already typed all that and still thought it was worth sharing! haha
Any idea why nandua and arcadia play twice a year? I actually feel bad for the kids in arcadia and nandua. Thats tough to travel like that each week of the playoffs. The Lee Ladies made the trip to nandua a few years ago and those girls talked about how terrible that ride was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT