ADVERTISEMENT

Is Jamestown really going to play Phoebus?

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Jamestown at 1-9, and outscored 207-0 in its last 3 games really expected to play this game? Does Phoebus want to possibly lose a key player to injury for this kind of game like Warhill did this past week?

Unless Jamestown forfeits Phoebus will have to. It happened to Dinwiddie in 2013. They beat Jamestown in the regular season 55-7 then had to play them again in the first round and beat the 63-0. Coach Mills got a decent lead quickly and got the horses out of the game before halftime. I get it @Lafayette. What good is going to come out of this game. There are teams that forfeited (Westmoreland) and a 0-10 team (Cumberland) playing. Rules are rules I guess. @HooSprings said it best. It's an everyone gets a trophy world.

Last edited:
If I'm Phoebus, I get the game up to about 28-0 and then I sit all of my starters for the rest of the night. Not sure if Phoebus is calling up any JV players, but I would play them the entire Second Half along with my Second, Third, and Deep Bench Varsity (if possible) to give them some reps. It would also be memorable for them as they can say that they played in a playoff game.

If I'm Phoebus, I get the game up to about 28-0 and then I sit all of my starters for the rest of the night. Not sure if Phoebus is calling up any JV players, but I would play them the entire Second Half along with my Second, Third, and Deep Bench Varsity (if possible) to give them some reps. It would also be memorable for them as they can say that they played in a playoff game.
On Friday against Jamestown Warhill’s best running back, McAdoo, broke his collarbone early in the 1st Q.

28-0? That should take about 6 minutes. Not knocking Jamestown. Proud of those kids for hanging in there all season. But reality is reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT