ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any team in their region

Nope. The closest in the region are probably Rustburg and Heritage and LCA blew both out of the stadium during the regular season.
How about this TA team? I know they play in a weak district , but stranger things have happened

I have no dog in this fight as a fan of a Class 2 team living in Houston but I still cannot believe they were able to strong-arm the VHSL into letting them play outside of Class 5/6
Strictly on numbers in the school. The have Class 3 numbers therefore they play class 3

If Hopewell is fully healthy I think they could play with them with their speed and athleticism if they get to the finals, hopewell took C6 and undefeated Thomas Dale to the Limit before losing 28-24 and had the ball at the 5 yard line 1 minute 1st and goal. But Dale stop them. They will be battle tested playing in the tough central district with Thomas Dale C6, Dinwiddie C4 and matoaca C5 all top teams in their class. But we will see.

Reactions: wikki
Strictly on numbers in the school. The have Class 3 numbers therefore they play class 3
they really have Class 2 numbers. VHSL placed them in Class 2 this cycle but they petitioned to stay in Class 3 since a lot of Class 2 teams don’t have Jv programs.

I have no dog in this fight as a fan of a Class 2 team living in Houston but I still cannot believe they were able to strong-arm the VHSL into letting them play outside of Class 5/6
It’s called having the backbone of a jellyfish by the VHSL. Living in Tennessee now, having coached in Va in the 1980’s, couldn’t believe it also.

It actually just came down to money. The VHSL didn't want to waste time and resources on a protracted lawsuit. LCA had the money and was willing to play the long game. It's been almost 10 years now and we got what we got. Just have to deal with it and make the best of it we can.

I know their enrollment numbers would put them in C2, but with the multiplier (×1.5) that puts them in C3 I believe. My personal opinion would be to add an adjustment to the level based on player participation. But, I think this would probably just be more of a headache for the VHSL. And, I think it would probably lead to more teams making cuts for consideration to move down in Class. Just a whole new can of worms.

It would be cool to see LCA in a more competitive C4,5,6 this year though. I think the C3 championship game will be competitive, but I don't see much standing in LCA's way on this side of the state.

In other sports for example, it would be cool to see John Marshall playing at the higher levels for basketball.

What’s odd is my native NJ (left in 1986) has as many HS in football as Va snd a number of Preps and Catholic HS snd they do interplay during the year but are in separate conferences and separate playoffs for state titles. Not combined. Yet no private school has sued the NJ high school association to play in the public school payoffs. The VHSL should challenged them and had the state pick up the legal tab.

How about this TA team? I know they play in a weak district , but stranger things have happened
Last year Turner Ashby gave up 50 to an LCA team that was missing Gideon. TA and Spotswood would have likely been fighting with Heritage for fifth if they were in the Seminole.

The Seminole is something like 19-1 in the Region III playoffs over the last decade against teams not from the Seminole. Rockbridge over Brookville back in like 2019 is the only loss. Since 2017 there has only been one year where the region championship game was not between two Seminole teams, 2019 when Spotswood lost 43-20 to Heritage.

Reactions: lyhsports
To me if they aren't a public school and they're private they should be playing in a private school league. just like other private schools. Benedict School collegiate, St Christopher all these other private schools in Virginia that's where they should be playing. These schools play public schools during the season but play private schools in the playoffs in their own League. Money Money 💵.

I know their enrollment numbers would put them in C2, but with the multiplier (×1.5) that puts them in C3 I believe. My personal opinion would be to add an adjustment to the level based on player participation. But, I think this would probably just be more of a headache for the VHSL. And, I think it would probably lead to more teams making cuts for consideration to move down in Class. Just a whole new can of worms.

It would be cool to see LCA in a more competitive C4,5,6 this year though. I think the C3 championship game will be competitive, but I don't see much standing in LCA's way on this side of the state.

In other sports for example, it would be cool to see John Marshall playing at the higher levels for basketball.
I believe the multiplier was a probationary deal thus, they were originally placed in Class 2 but LCA appealed to stay in Class 3.

Reactions: mike salem
I believe the multiplier was a probationary deal thus, they were originally placed in Class 2 but LCA appealed to stay in Class 3.
This in my opinion was a chance for VHSL to get back at LCA. They should have denied the appeal making them go to AA. They denied Liberty the chance to go play in the Dogwood. They could have possibly won a game maybe 2, at the very least been competitive.

This in my opinion was a chance for VHSL to get back at LCA. They should have denied the appeal making them go to AA. They denied Liberty the chance to go play in the Dogwood. They could have possibly won a game maybe 2, at the very least been competitive.
You are kidding aren't you?????
LCA wins by 40 plus against any Class 2 team. Are you confused? Class 2 are smaller schools than Class 3.

To me if they aren't a public school and they're private they should be playing in a private school league. just like other private schools. Benedict School collegiate, St Christopher all these other private schools in Virginia that's where they should be playing. These schools play public schools during the season but play private schools in the playoffs in their own League. Money Money 💵.
Money money

Reactions: TS69
VHSL didn't deny Liberty-Bedford from joining the Dogwood. The principals of the Dogwood denied them. Principals determine districts, VHSL only recommends.

You are kidding aren't you?????
LCA wins by 40 plus against any Class 2 team. Are you confused? Class 2 are smaller schools than Class 3.
I think he is confusing the two Libertys in The Seminole. I think he is referring to Liberty-Bedford joining the Dogwood.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT