ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Holmes?

From what I was told he has a fractured hip and obviously out for the year.

Huge loss for Essex but #9 for Essex stepped up big in the region a championship. With the offense Essex runs, you can almost throw anybody back there with speed the way the blocking has been.

Huge loss for sure. Prayers for Jaden.
There maybe a silver lining here. With other players getting more touches during the season # 9 should be relatively fresh for this time year.

Reactions: uvacavs1
Huge loss for Essex but #9 for Essex stepped up big in the region a championship. With the offense Essex runs, you can almost throw anybody back there with speed the way the blocking has been.
Agree with that RappriverEHS...

Interesting that you said that as yes, losing your top rusher is tough indeed and hope that he recovers quickly.

I was also thinking about what you mentioned when I heard about Essex's key injury before the NHS game -that Essex now plays as a system (again, reminds me a bit of Riverheads with the Essex swagger) instead of relying of individual skill players.

Reactions: RappriverEHS
Also, the "system/machine" obviously works well anytime but especially this time of year.

However, for the system to work with the continuity of success of powerhouses like a Riverheads or an Essex etc., you still got to have the coaching, size, discipline, physicality and athletic players to dominate the other teams that try to implement a similar type of playing style and game plan.

Essex has proven in the past to be like a chameleon and can adapt and change when needed. Coach Jones and staff will be as formidable as ever. Prayers for a speedy recovery for this player and good luck to the Trojans on Saturday.

I don't believe it's a fracture but it is something with the hip. He was on the sideline walking without the aid of crutches or walker Saturday.

Kid is only a sophomore. He'll be back strong and will have another 1000 plus yard season next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT