ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Adkins OUT at Martinsville

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
  • Wow
Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Pretty big news. Won 2 state championships in 2015 and 2016.

I respect the heck out of Martinsville's Hoops program, but I'm left scratching my head on this one as to what the Dogs are thinking

Alot of backstory here and this isn't the forum to discuss it. This had been building for awhile. Jeff is a great person and a good coach but it might have been time for a change. He won 2 state championships as a player(80-81) and also 2 as a coach so he served Martinsville HS well. He runs his family's business and plays alot of golf so he'll be alright. New coach should be named soon.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Coach Adkins was my coach in high school. One of the best to ever do it. Have no clue what went on at Martinsville, but he’s no nonsense and not PC. That doesn’t last long in these times. He’s a big time architect and golfer, if he never coaches another basketball team, Coach A has accomplished a lot and lives a great life.

The Bassett coach just left for the Carlilse job, Jeff should go an apply for the Bengals job. He's an old Collinsville boy, played his fr & soph years at Fieldale-Collinsville before transferring to Mavahi.
Former Bartlett Yancey head coach Mark Hughes is the new Bassett boys basketball head coach.

Yeah, old news. Happened about 3-4 weeks ago. Alot of people wanted Jeff but I'm sure Hughes will do a good job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT