Jefferson Forest at Staunton River

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Jefferson Forest Cavaliers Eastern Bedford County outside Lynchburg
beat William Fleming 64-14
beat Patrick Henry 40-35
beat Magna Vista 53-20

Staunton River Golden Eagles Western Bedford County near Roanoke County and Vinton .
beat Turner Ashby 55-25
beat Waynesboro 43-0
beat Liberty bedford 69-26

157 points for JF
167 for Staunton River
JF given up 69
SR given up 51

JF better 3 teams
What gives?
If SR does not turn the ball over , do they have a chance with that single wing ? I think this game comes down to turnovers , or even a muff and also, special teams .

My honest opinion Speed kills. I don't even think it will be close. Yes, I think staunton river will score, but they won't have the speed to keep up with the running backs of JF. Magna Vista probably had the best speed to stop JF, and look what happened to them. I think JF puts at least 50pts on the board.

My honest opinion Speed kills. I don't even think it will be close. Yes, I think staunton river will score, but they won't have the speed to keep up with the running backs of JF. Magna Vista probably had the best speed to stop JF, and look what happened to them. I think JF puts at least 50pts on the board.
I think JF will put it to them, but SR might be able to play keep away for a while to keep the score closer for a while anyway. I see high 40's for sure anyways.

I think JF will put it to them, but SR might be able to play keep away for a while to keep the score closer for a while anyway. I see high 40's for sure anyways.
I agree with you Mike. SR may be able to keep it close at half (not be behind by more than 21) but it's all downhill from there.

Reactions: mike salem
I agree with you Mike. SR may be able to keep it close at half (not be behind by more than 21) but it's all downhill from there.
I hope it is close with SR winning, but do I think it will happen, chances are slim. But you better believe that SR wants this more because it has been a long time since they beat JF and this is their time to do it. The atmosphere for this game will probably be loud and if Amherst wasn't playing I would definitely do see this game

I hope it is close with SR winning, but do I think it will happen, chances are slim. But you better believe that SR wants this more because it has been a long time since they beat JF and this is their time to do it. The atmosphere for this game will probably be loud and if Amherst wasn't playing I would definitely do see this game
I'll be hoping for a Staunton River upset just because it might help Salem get the 1 seed! I hate pulling against Coach Christmas, he is an awesome coach, but more importantly he's an awesome man! He was my PE teacher in 7th grade at LCA, want to know his focus for the year? -weight lifting! He was working on that MS group to be ready and strong for the JV and Varsity level. He ended up leaving for JF not long after that, but his focus has always been strength training. First thing he did at JF was expand the weight lifting area. Not surprising he was the strength training coach at Liberty University before coaching at LCA, then JF, then off to North Hall, GA before returning to JF last year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT