ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson Forest?

I've watched LT play. The only flaw I've seen is the Bud Foster mentality of play. I really can't say it's a flaw, because it works. They have 11 studs on defense. I don't see them loosing a game until some offensive mastermind exploits the 9 men in the box defense.I'm a tech fan and I clinch the sofa with my cheeks when I see someone line up on tech with 2×2 or a empty set cause Foster is not going to get out of his man cov 0. And I know devil99, I've read your posts. Teams have tried to spread, screen, quick game and draw yall to death. But like one of my coaches in college used to say, one day you gone run up on the Mf. Then on the other side that offense is beautiful to watch. Being from Amherst and a former player I love that option. Split veer and midline to perfection. That is one thing that is hard to stop. (Mean while Scott Abell is 5-0 @ w&l). Devilslb99 how many teams from your side of the state run a option oriented offense?

In recent history, the teams who have given Lake Taylor the toughest time are the ones who have been able to line up and play smashmouth football with them...Phoebus, Stone Bridge, L.C. Bird, Battlefield. Straight ahead power over spread and matchups outside.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Keep the ball out of Jones' hands. Establish the run (up the middle) and catch them over pursuing on play action & screens and JF will lose. The pass defense is AWFUL. Amherst can run but if they can keep JF on their heels with a few passes they should win... Well that is if they can get a stop or two on defense as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT