ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson Forest?

So it comes down to Lake Taylor, and everybody else. Really hard to put forth an argument against that.
I've been telling folks that since the beginning of the season, and now it's becoming more apparent to everyone. However I would now say it's LT and Courtland and everyone else. Courtland could end up in Lynchburg if they keep this up. They have the offense and defense to hang with anyone. By the way, I've kept this quiet except through PMs, but they aren't just Wing T anymore. They can hit you with quick plays as well as anyone in the state, now that they're consistently holding onto the ball, moved Allen to wideout and Wilborne to QB. Chancellor isn't close to their level.

Last edited:
Reactions: danbeatty65
I agree, all the Lake Taylor people should enjoy having everyone using them as a measuring stick. It doesn't last forever, no matter how much it seems like it will at the time.

What are you on about? I wasn't even talking to you. According to your post we're both in agreement so dunno why you're making such a fuss.

Post wasn't intended for you exactly, I just replied because you were the last post when I hit it and I used your another level comment. Just telling other people what they wanted to hear.

So if JF loses tonight then what? Still contender?

I doubt that happens, but if it does, yes they become a pretender instead of contender. I expect JF to win by 21+. I'm surprised there isn't more talk of Salem. Since JF and Salem don't meet for a non-scrimmage game, I'm very anxious to see the results of Amherst@JF next week and Salem@PH-Roanoke the week after. These are the two common opponents for both teams. JF escaped a close one with PH; Salem stomped a mudhole in Amherst. Amherst isn't as good as previous years, but they have RUTS'd three straight inferior teams.

No question LT is the team to beat, but it's awfully hard to repeat. There are some quality challengers.

Jf is a lot better than that scrimmage game. It really doesn't matter because whoever plays and if they meet LT, they will lose

So the rest of 4A should turn their equipment in today? Just anoint LT champions and be done with it, start getting ready for 2016? Let's worry about matchups if/when they occur. Enjoy the ride, embrace the present and cheer for your favorite team. It's a lot more fun that way. LT is the #1 team in 4A no question, but as Devis and others have pointed out, anyone can have a bad day. It's Friday, best day of the week, enjoy the games, they will be over far too quickly.

Unfortunately, I was dead serious here. Salem and Sherando probably lose if they face LT in the final. JF gets crushed. They are Taylor made for the LT defense. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Xmas at the same time. Just IMO.
Regardless of who wins this likely matchup for the title will win by 14 or under. I'd be willing to make a bet, and give you a name and address to ship the cash to.

Post wasn't intended for you exactly, I just replied because you were the last post when I hit it and I used your another level comment. Just telling other people what they wanted to hear.

Oh okay, misunderstood. My bad.

So if JF loses tonight then what? Still contender?

Their chances at the top seed would likely be shot, but considering how explosive they can be I definitely wouldn't want to be the team that ran into them in round one.

So the rest of 4A should turn their equipment in today? Just anoint LT champions and be done with it, start getting ready for 2016? Let's worry about matchups if/when they occur. Enjoy the ride, embrace the present and cheer for your favorite team. It's a lot more fun that way. LT is the #1 team in 4A no question, but as Devis and others have pointed out, anyone can have a bad day. It's Friday, best day of the week, enjoy the games, they will be over far too quickly.

Reactions: Shruikan
Regardless of who wins this likely matchup for the title will win by 14 or under. I'd be willing to make a bet, and give you a name and address to ship the cash to.

How do you make this claim? I don't bet at all and would never bet on high school kids, but you don't have any evidence to support this claim. This is more like a wish that you have.

I also recall playing against JF in 2011 in the regular season final. They were 8-1 we were 4-5 and went in JF and scored 21 unanswered before they finally scored. No mistakes were made and they had a stud at QB that year. It can be done... I don't see them finishing undefeated this year.

How do you make this claim? I don't bet at all and would never bet on high school kids, but you don't have any evidence to support this claim. This is more like a wish that you have.
Haha okay we shall see my friend

I also recall playing against JF in 2011 in the regular season final. They were 8-1 we were 4-5 and went in JF and scored 21 unanswered before they finally scored. No mistakes were made and they had a stud at QB that year. It can be done... I don't see them finishing undefeated this year.
You understand that team is nothing like this JF team right? The entire coaching staff, offense, defense, etc is different as well as the atmosphere and the attitude of domination by the kids. I wouldn't even consider 2011 JF to be the same program as this program. Bob Christmas makes all the difference. Anything can happen and JF could lose, not saying it's impossible. But that's not a legit comparison.

I'm not saying that they're the same either. But in comparison, they destroyed all other competition beside losing to brookville (won state 3A) and ran the ball almost every play with a few but effective PA passes. It was the same style with fast players no navy jones, but the QB Marcus Jones was by no means slow and weighed easily 195. I agree that Christmas makes a HUGE difference but just like a team or player. You can be out coached. Anything can happen and Rustburg & Brookville have the defenses to make things interesting and definitely offense, since we all know JF doesn't care bout D.

Yeah absolutely anything can happen. But JF definitely cares about the defense considering 8 of the starters on D are also offensive starters. You don't do that if you don't care about D, their D has actually forced a lot of turnovers and held some explosive offensive to fairly low numbers this year. Last year I would say that their D definitely struggled a lot though

My computer still thinks LT and Salem are the most like for a final, but it likes Jefferson Forest if anyone is going to crash the party.
Your computer is very smart! haha Salem's first string defense did a good job against JF. Also, Salem never punted in the scrimmage/benefit game. Yes, Navy Jones is a great player, but I think Salem's D can stop him. The question is, can JF's defense stop Salem's offense?

They are just gearing up for the Seminole grind which shouldn't be much of a test for them this year with the possible exception of Brookville at the end. They're primed for the #1 seed in the West more than likely and will do well as long as they don't run into a defense that can put the brakes on Jones, Miller, etc... They will have to work on getting better defensively. I don't think they have a state winning defense. If they make it to Lynchburg in December and LT is on the other side with their DL & Secondary it will be a mighty challenge.
Put this in the "FWIW" catagory (maybe not much, but interesting none the less); about 4 years ago I saw Coach Christmas take his North Hall team in Georgia down to Peach County (a program very similar to LT, but most years even better) and flat out take it to Peach on their own field. It's not like he has not competed against, and won against teams of this caliber. Just sayin'.
They are just gearing up for the Seminole grind which shouldn't be much of a test for them this year with the possible exception of Brookville at the end. They're primed for the #1 seed in the West more than likely and will do well as long as they don't run into a defense that can put the brakes on Jones, Miller, etc... They will have to work on getting better defensively. I don't think they have a state winning defense. If they make it to Lynchburg in December and LT is on the other side with their DL & Secondary it will be a mighty challenge.

Put this in the "FWIW" catagory (maybe not much, but interesting none the less); about 4 years ago I saw Coach Christmas take his North Hall team in Georgia down to Peach County (a program very similar to LT, but most years even better) and flat out take it to Peach on their own field. It's not like he has not competed against, and won against teams of this caliber. Just sayin'.
I'm a big fan of Coach Christmas, if they make it to the finals, I'll be cheering for them for sure. He's a great coach, but more importantly, he's a great man, a molder of young men with character. A long time ago he was my 7th grade PE teacher @ LCA before he left for JF the 1st time. JF is lucky to have him for sure.

Reactions: wikki
Hey DinwiddieProud, Thomas Dale is 6A, not 5A, and right now they seem to be clicking along pretty good. If your defense can contain Oxendine and force TD to throw the ball, it could be a very exciting game.

JF got away with one last night. Rustburg fumbled inside the 10 last night with 2-3 mins to go. Would've taken the lead again and probably won the the game. JF couldn't stop their offense. Great game though.

Reactions: wikki
Was hoping for Rustburg
Good effort by Rustburg last night, led 26-21 midway 3Q. I was hoping for 2 upsets last night, got one. Maybe the other upset I was looking for, Amherst will get it this week! JF seems vulnerable. Amherst needs to do whatever they did against Brookville again this week and pull out 2 in a row. They are right back in the thick of it in the Seminole and for the playoffs.

Good effort by Rustburg last night, led 26-21 midway 3Q. I was hoping for 2 upsets last night, got one. Maybe the other upset I was looking for, Amherst will get it this week! JF seems vulnerable. Amherst needs to do whatever they did against Brookville again this week and pull out 2 in a row. They are right back in the thick of it in the Seminole and for the playoffs.
I am sure their power rating improved after that win

Reactions: mike salem
Amherst was losing 35-20, scored 25 points in the 4th. One touchdown was a 2 pt. conversion. The last play was a 52 yard pass, it was so exciting, the crowd went crazy

Reactions: mike salem
I've watched LT play. The only flaw I've seen is the Bud Foster mentality of play. I really can't say it's a flaw, because it works. They have 11 studs on defense. I don't see them loosing a game until some offensive mastermind exploits the 9 men in the box defense.I'm a tech fan and I clinch the sofa with my cheeks when I see someone line up on tech with 2×2 or a empty set cause Foster is not going to get out of his man cov 0. And I know devil99, I've read your posts. Teams have tried to spread, screen, quick game and draw yall to death. But like one of my coaches in college used to say, one day you gone run up on the Mf. Then on the other side that offense is beautiful to watch. Being from Amherst and a former player I love that option. Split veer and midline to perfection. That is one thing that is hard to stop. (Mean while Scott Abell is 5-0 @ w&l). Devilslb99 how many teams from your side of the state run a option oriented offense?

I've watched LT play. The only flaw I've seen is the Bud Foster mentality of play. I really can't say it's a flaw, because it works. They have 11 studs on defense. I don't see them loosing a game until some offensive mastermind exploits the 9 men in the box defense.I'm a tech fan and I clinch the sofa with my cheeks when I see someone line up on tech with 2×2 or a empty set cause Foster is not going to get out of his man cov 0. And I know devil99, I've read your posts. Teams have tried to spread, screen, quick game and draw yall to death. But like one of my coaches in college used to say, one day you gone run up on the Mf. Then on the other side that offense is beautiful to watch. Being from Amherst and a former player I love that option. Split veer and midline to perfection. That is one thing that is hard to stop. (Mean while Scott Abell is 5-0 @ w&l). Devilslb99 how many teams from your side of the state run a option oriented offense?

The defense is high risk high reward and a lot of coaches don't have the hearts to put their defense into the hands of 11 kids say do your responsibility and if you mess up then its probably a TD. Coaches love contingency plans (safety help or zone), ours just have superior faith in the scheme and the kids and if we get beat then they made more plays than our kids. Point blank.

Thanks for the kind words. I don't see any running an option based offense like ours out here. A couple in the Bay Rivers run the Wing-T, but they are running more misdirection than anything. It's an old outdated offense that no one wants to run...Oh well 6 plays like Novocain give it time it will work.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT