ADVERTISEMENT

John Marshall at Riverheads Game Canceled

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I have received word from two different sources within about 15 minutes that Friday's game has been canceled so I will assume that information is accurate. The reason given was lack of available players for JM.

I assume this will go into the books as a win for Riverheads and will therefore not impact their playoff seeding. It might even be looked upon as a good thing since the Gladiators have some injuries that could use some additional time to heal.

Looks like the next football action in Greenville will be next Monday's JV championship game. The Gladiators finished unbeaten in district play and get to host that game. As I understand it, the opponent is still undetermined and it will depend on games played Wednesday. Looks like it could be either Buffalo Gap, Waynesboro or Wilson.

I have received word from two different sources within about 15 minutes that Friday's game has been canceled so I will assume that information is accurate. The reason given was lack of available players for JM.

I assume this will go into the books as a win for Riverheads and will therefore not impact their playoff seeding. It might even be looked upon as a good thing since the Gladiators have some injuries that could use some additional time to heal.

Looks like the next football action in Greenville will be next Monday's JV championship game. The Gladiators finished unbeaten in district play and get to host that game. As I understand it, the opponent is still undetermined and it will depend on games played Wednesday. Looks like it could be either Buffalo Gap, Waynesboro or Wilson.
Oh great… MC probably travels to a well rested Riverheads team in the first round.

I would actually love that since I live in Staunton. Riverheads would definitely be favored, but it would be a favorable matchup for Madison. We can score on Riverheads.
I think it would be a fun game. MC and Riverheads have not played in many years…maybe since the old Skyline District?

I have not looked up the exact year yet, but I am inclined to think that the last time we played Madison was in the late 90s. Casto came on the scene around 1996 or 1997 and I am pretty sure he coached us against them at least 2 or 3 times before the re-alignment changed everything. For those of you who have been around for a while, you may recall that two of those games were 7-6, one on each field, and in each case, Riverheads had the chance to pull it out in the final seconds. So at least we came close to beating them back then.

So at least we came close to beating them back then.
Hand grenades and horseshoes 😃…but all streaks come to an end eventually. Maybe we can sneak up on Clarke tonight and keep the streak alive at least a few more weeks!

On a positive MC note, Our JV beat CC last night 20-10.

I had to leave for Alabama this morning. Hope someone provides updates on the MC at CC game tonight.

Last edited:
Hand grenades and horseshoes 😃…but all streaks come to an end eventually. Maybe we can sneak up on Clarke tonight and keep the streak alive at least a few more weeks!

On a positive MC note, Our JV beat CC last night 20-10.

I had to leave for Alabama this morning. Hope someone provides updates on the MC at CC game tonight.
Last score I heard was CC 42-0. start 4th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT