ADVERTISEMENT

JV...Essex 6 (5A)Deep Run 15 Final...

Essex Trojan1

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
May 17, 2009
Got there with a couple minutes before the half. Essex was up 6-0 with Deep Run deep in Essex red zone. Essex D held and Deep Run tried a field goal but missed. 6-0 Essex at the half. Deep Run got the ball to start the 3rd Q and drove down to score but missed the XP...6-6 in the early 3rd. Fast forward to about 20 something seconds or so remaining in the game. I had to leave and was on my way out the gate. Essex was near mid field and I think went to punt it away. It got blocked, recovered by Deep Run and taken in for a TD to make it 13-6 Deep Run with 10 or so seconds remaining. After the kick off, Essex was buried deep in their own red zone. A high snap by Essex landed in the end zone and Essex QB fell on it. That was a safety for Deep Run. 15-6 Final. Essex JV is 1-3. A win over 2A King William and loses to 2A Goochland, 4A King George and 5A Deep Run. Up next is 3A James Monroe

Hey Essex Trojan, when I look at that JV schedule and see the size of the schools
You guys play on JV and Varsity, I am amazed how well you guys compete with
Much larger schools. I know I have said that before, but That is just awesome to me.
Are most of your JV players Freshman or Sophomores?
Just curious.....Best of luck Friday night!

Hey Essex Trojan, when I look at that JV schedule and see the size of the schools
You guys play on JV and Varsity, I am amazed how well you guys compete with
Much larger schools. I know I have said that before, but That is just awesome to me.
Are most of your JV players Freshman or Sophomores?
Just curious.....Best of luck Friday night!
I'm not 100% sure on that. I don't get to catch JV games due to work. I just so happen to be off this Wednesday to catch half of this weeks game. We have a few Sophomores playing on varsity and some are starters.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT