ADVERTISEMENT

Kettle Run moves on.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
After being led by Coach Lloyd since opening in 2008, Kettle Run football posted a 3-7 record for the 2016 campaign under new Coach Scott Woodlief. Coach Woodlief resigned for personal reason after last season. This paved the way for highly touted Charlie Potterfield to take the helm.

Kettle Run had been a "force" and a perennial playoff team in recent years. Last year, they were young, and with a new coach, the results were not what we had grown to expect. But that herd of last year's juniors are this season's seniors.

Will the combination of a new coach and an experienced senior class be what's needed to get the Cougars back to the playoffs?

What do you think their regular season record will be this year? I'm thinking 7-3.

After being led by Coach Lloyd since opening in 2008, Kettle Run football posted a 3-7 record for the 2016 campaign under new Coach Scott Woodlief. Coach Woodlief resigned for personal reason after last season. This paved the way for highly touted Charlie Potterfield to take the helm.

Kettle Run had been a "force" and a perennial playoff team in recent years. Last year, they were young, and with a new coach, the results were not what we had grown to expect. But that herd of last year's juniors are this season's seniors.

Will the combination of a new coach and an experienced senior class be what's needed to get the Cougars back to the playoffs?

What do you think their regular season record will be this year? I'm thinking 7-3.
I think you will see more of last year. I say 5-5 or 4-6. Very tough to overcome losing a coach then having to learn a 3rd system in 3 years

One could call anything here. Just have to see how the season goes. 1 - 9 or 9 - 1 is an even bet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT