ADVERTISEMENT

King William 65 Bruton 6 Final Nm

I know the Bay Rivers doesn't have any non-district games to spare, but it is a shame Poquoson and King William never play each other. Maybe this year it will be in the Region A championship.

I know the Bay Rivers doesn't have any non-district games to spare, but it is a shame Poquoson and King William never play each other. Maybe this year it will be in the Region A championship.
I look for those two along with Amelia and Thomas Jefferson to be in the mix. I'm not familiar with Greenville or Nottoway this year, but they might be as well.

I wonder why the VHSL doesn't at least look at switching KW to the Bayrivers and Bruton to the Tidewater...just a thought...i think it would be beneficial to both programs, imo.

I wonder why the VHSL doesn't at least look at switching KW to the Bayrivers and Bruton to the Tidewater...just a thought...i think it would be beneficial to both programs, imo.
I mainly only follow high school football, but how is KW in other sports? If they dominate the Tidewater in all sports, I agree a move to the BRD would be best for KW. I seem to recall that despite its size, Bruton is fairly competitive in the Olympic sports.

They could switch to the Bay Rivers but remember the District has 10 teams- only 2 are group 2, the other 8 are split between 3 and 4. Bruton being in Williamsburg effectively would never want to leave. Adding KW would mean all 10 games would be District games, eliminating the one OOD game each member has. If Kw was ever to move up to 3, then a move would be very logical. I agree for Poquoson to play KW instead of Southhampton is reasonable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT