ADVERTISEMENT

King William at Stuarts Draft

Game will start at 8pm, instead of the usual 7pm start time. Definitely will be a great game and a potential state semifinal matchup as well. This starts a 4 week stretch for KW that includes Draft, 3A IC Norcom, 3A state champion Lafayette and 4A Mechanicsville. Not to mention, they close the regular season with rivals, West Point and King and Queen. Nobody will be able to say that KW isn't battle tested come playoff time.

Game will start at 8pm, instead of the usual 7pm start time. Definitely will be a great game and a potential state semifinal matchup as well. This starts a 4 week stretch for KW that includes Draft, 3A IC Norcom, 3A state champion Lafayette and 4A Mechanicsville. Not to mention, they close the regular season with rivals, West Point and King and Queen. Nobody will be able to say that KW isn't battle tested come playoff time.

I will check tomorrow (since it actually effects me the time), but I heard and read everywhere 7 pm. But will talk with AD and let you know

I will check tomorrow (since it actually effects me the time), but I heard and read everywhere 7 pm. But will talk with AD and let you know
Just going by what I was told earlier by one of the KW coaches.

Hmmm....if it really is 8:00, I might consider hitting Waynesboro first, then heading down to Draft to catch the end of that one.

The Guru says home field advantage might tip this one Stuarts Draft's way, but haven't they been out of action for a while and had one game suspended?

Co-worker of mine, who son plays for KW just told me they changed it to Saturday at 12 noon. Something about getting the bus drivers str8. That might be why it was set for 8pm Friday at 1st. Guess they had to wait for a few drivers to finish bus routes to them take the team to the game.

Reactions: BGfootball95
Co-worker of mine, who son plays for KW just told me they changed it to Saturday at 12 noon. Something about getting the bus drivers str8. That might be why it was set for 8pm Friday at 1st. Guess they had to wait for a few drivers to finish bus routes to them take the team to the game.
I was just told the same exact thing by a KW coach

Now the word is the game is off. Draft has SATs on Saturday and wouldn't have enough players

All of this epitomizes what a weird, crazy, unpredictable situation we are in! Too bad they couldn't make it work
Yeah I agree. I wish SD would have just said they'd come to KW, but I understand them not wanting to lose a home game.

No inside info here, but why the game was not originally scheduled on a Friday night when both teams have the chance? Maybe it was. I have no idea, but once again with Draft, if the first scheduled date was Saturday, it leaves no room for error to any event that could come up. Lightening, Covid, SATs, etc.
Hopefully Draft can get the rest of their games played. They are an outstanding program, but even great programs like Draft can possibly be hurt by less reps/gametime/experience come playoff time.

Back west, Union scheduled Thomas Walker and actually had to pay them money to play. I think it's a wise choice by Union. Their AD understands the importance of getting repetition/games which helps team cohesiveness and can pay huge dividends come playoff time.

No inside info here, but why the game was not originally scheduled on a Friday night when both teams have the chance? Maybe it was. I have no idea, but once again with Draft, if the first scheduled date was Saturday, it leaves no room for error to any event that could come up. Lightening, Covid, SATs, etc.
Hopefully Draft can get the rest of their games played. They are an outstanding program, but even great programs like Draft can possibly be hurt by less reps/gametime/experience come playoff time.

Back west, Union scheduled Thomas Walker and actually had to pay them money to play. I think it's a wise choice by Union. Their AD understands the importance of getting repetition/games which helps team cohesiveness and can pay huge dividends come playoff time.
It was originally attempted for Friday night, but KW was having trouble with transportation. So then they agreed to play on Saturday at noon, then Draft realized that they'd be without a lot of players because of SATs. As for why a Saturday night game wasn't attempted, I don't know that answer. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Maybe they'll end up playing in early December, in the state semifinals

Would’ve been the best option to play Saturday night. Stadium would be capacity. Fans from all over would've came to this one.
The local paper here said that it couldnt be played Saturday because players and coaches were going to be out of town because of prior commitments, said KW couldnt play Friday because of transportation issues.

Reactions: OCBoy
The local paper here said that it couldnt be played Saturday because players and coaches were going to be out of town because of prior commitments, said KW couldnt play Friday because of transportation issues.
Two awesome and class-act programs that have a great chance to have another go of it come playoff time, but lots of football to be played. Riverheads is incredible and for Draft to be leading them at halftime says a lot about Draft.

I dont. I hate it. Why is Union out here paying that money to go to TW? And it's not a game that's gonna prepare them for the stretch run of Wise, RV and Abingdon at all. I could see if this game was mixed in that run to try and keep everyone healthy but right now, I don't get it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT