ADVERTISEMENT

King William & Graham 2A State Championship!

Which ever team makes the fewest mistakes and wants it more. Two great teams, it should be a fun game!

Reactions: 19GHS87
I think Graham wins by 3 to 4 TDS, I dont think KW can consistently drive on Grahams defense, I dont see KW stopping Bradshaw. Fairly close thru the 1st half and then Graham blows it open in 2nd half.
After seeing score of KW Central game, seeing Central a few times this yr, I agree with you on that. Graham’s D is legit, O isn’t just 1 man, Bradshaw is a difference maker on both sides of ball.

Love my GMen, but think KW is 7 pts better. Hope I'm wrong. If our QB was healthy, I think it's a 50-50 game,, but that's an All State LB lost in addition to his QB play. Hes as good on D at middle LB as he is O. KW is the real deal as was Appo. Graham just made a few more plays. Wouldn't surprise me if Grahsm won though. Both teams are good enough to win it.

Just an uneducated observation here. From what i have seen of Graham they tend to be sluggish thru the first qtr and start to come alive in the 2nd qtr. Close that door and Graham wins by a blowout.

I think Graham wins by 3 to 4 TDS, I dont think KW can consistently drive on Grahams defense, I dont see KW stopping Bradshaw. Fairly close thru the 1st half and then Graham blows it open in 2nd half.

Im a region D guy and pulling for Graham. Same can be said about Claiborne. If you give him a crease hes gone. Graham will need to get him in the backfield and fill the holes.

Im a region D guy and pulling for Graham. Same can be said about Claiborne. If you give him a crease hes gone. Graham will need to get him in the backfield and fill the holes.

I believe if they can limit Claiborne, Graham may win comfortably (couple tds or more). But if they let him run wild it may be a shootout. I know they have the QB too but id be more worried about the 4.3 guy. I believe they have enough athletes to contain the QB. He reminds me a bit of Lawing. If Graham's QB is healthy and can pass effeciently, and both teams are at their best, i think Graham is a td better. Most disciplined team wins I think.

This will be the best team either has faced all year. Whichever team limits mistakes the best, doesn't turn it over and wins at the LOS wins.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Calpreps Has the Game at 38-28 in favor of Graham

Going into Today, It had the Following.....

It had Graham 38, Appo 27
It had King William 38, Central Woodstock 27
It had King William over Appo 38-34
It had Appo over Central 35-28

I think 35-28 KW over Graham

Calpreps Has the Game at 38-28 in favor of Graham

Going into Today, It had the Following.....

It had Graham 38, Appo 27
It had King William 38, Central Woodstock 27
It had King William over Appo 38-34
It had Appo over Central 35-28

I think 35-28 KW over Graham
Actually, on the playoff page, the projection for Appo/Graham was 40-28 & KW/Central was 35-28. They haven’t listed projections for December 11th games yet but you’re correct, if you put in the projection yourself it’s 38-28 in favor of Graham. I hope CalPreps is more accurate than you’re prediction, lol! It will all come down to defense in my opinion.

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2021/weekview.pl?week=Virginia_13

California Preps almost got that KW-Central game on the nose. 38-27, only off by 2 Central points.
Off on Graham and Appomattox County by 3 points.

Actually, on the playoff page, the projection for Appo/Graham was 40-28 & KW/Central was 35-28. They haven’t listed projections for December 11th games yet but you’re correct, if you put in the projection yourself it’s 38-28 in favor of Graham. I hope CalPreps is more accurate than you’re prediction, lol! It will all come down to defense in my opinion.

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2021/weekview.pl?week=Virginia_13
Makes sense Gridiron. Thought I saw a projection on here earlier with KW and Central closer than 9. That bad boy was still close, 2 points off on Appomattox vs Graham and 2 points off on King William and Central

Makes sense Gridiron. Thought I saw a projection on here earlier with KW and Central closer than 9. That bad boy was still close, 2 points off on Appomattox vs Graham and 2 points off on King William and Central
If I read correctly on the state projection page, as of last week, it was 91% accurate for VA playoff projections. I guess it will be updated after today but 91% is pretty good considering a lot of these games in regionals could have gone either way. I don’t put my hope in a CalPreps projection. I know Graham will need their best game of the season to beat KW.

If I read correctly on the state projection page, as of last week, it was 91% accurate for VA playoff projections. I guess it will be updated after today but 91% is pretty good considering a lot of these games in regionals could have gone either way. I don’t put my hope in a CalPreps projection. I know Graham will need their best game of the season to beat KW.
I got lots of friends in Galax, Salem, and Bluefield. The Spartans went down. Best wishes to Galax and the G-Men. Both of you guys have your hands fulls. Two great teams both of the "G" teams are facing.

Reactions: Triple Opt
Thinking KW and Graham will be one for the ages. Claiborne and Bradshaw leading two great teams.

Claiborne has more potential to make a bigger impact considering hes a RB though. Hes probably gonna get more touches than Bradshaw. Gotta find more ways to get Bradshaw the ball. Although Clements is pretty impressive as well. Hes gonna be a stud.

Guessing whoever the backup QB for Graham is will, or should, get quite a few reps this week. In case Blevins is still hurt and can't move around in the pocket and be efficient in the passing game. They will need all their arsenal. I think just running the ball will not do it next week.

Guessing whoever the backup QB for Graham is will, or should, get quite a few reps this week. In case Blevins is still hurt and can't move around in the pocket and be efficient in the passing game. They will need all their arsenal. I think just running the ball will not do it next week.
Graham has a very capable back up. He was going to be the starter before he got hurt. He is healthy now. I believe Blevins is a little better, but not much of a dropoff. Blevins is more missed on defense. He is a terror at linebacker.

Having played Kw and seen Graham on NHFS the level of play on defense will determine, as well as the Qb situation at Graham. If starting Qb plays, Graham wins, if not Kw pulls it out in a close game.

Having played Kw and seen Graham on NHFS the level of play on defense will determine, as well as the Qb situation at Graham. If starting Qb plays, Graham wins, if not Kw pulls it out in a close game.
Do not under estimate the ability of Grahams backup QB your only splitting hairs between them.

Do not under estimate the ability of Grahams backup QB your only splitting hairs between them.
I tend to agree with this assessment. Blevins is much more missed on D. He’s a great QB and can make something out of nothing when he was 100% healthy but as a defensive linebacker, he’s a game changer. Kid is tough as nails. He’s played two playoff games straight injured. He plays with his whole heart.

Reactions: oldfool2
I tend to agree with this assessment. Blevins is much more missed on D. He’s a great QB and can make something out of nothing when he was 100% healthy but as a defensive linebacker, he’s a game changer. Kid is tough as nails. He’s played two playoff games straight injured. He plays with his whole heart.
King william was two drop passes and a holding call away from hanging 50+ points on central yesterday, I wouldn’t under estimate the cavs. KW essential shut down central’s run game minus one 46 yard run. Personally I think Graham will have to pass the ball very well next week, can they do that with a back up QB idk. I know both teams deserve to be in this game and it’s going to be close.

Reactions: gwb16
I believe if they can limit Claiborne, Graham may win comfortably (couple tds or more). But if they let him run wild it may be a shootout. I know they have the QB too but id be more worried about the 4.3 guy. I believe they have enough athletes to contain the QB. He reminds me a bit of Lawing. If Graham's QB is healthy and can pass effeciently, and both teams are at their best, i think Graham is a td better. Most disciplined team wins I think.
I think KW will need to operate out of a spread in order to keep so many defenders out of the box. If they do and have the O line to matchup to Graham...Claiborne will be tough ad he is special. Inversely KW will need to load the box to stop Clements off tackle and Bradshaw on jet sweeps and reverses. If Blevins heals and can pass that may be the difference. Also I would kick it in end zone, pop it up short or squibb to keep it out of Bradshaw's hands depending on what your kicker can do. People think all HS kickers can do all those type kicks like they see in the NFL but many can't. Should be a great championship game.

Reactions: BigWinners
I think KW will need to operate out of a spread in order to keep so many defenders out of the box. If they do and have the O line to matchup to Graham...Claiborne will be tough ad he is special. Inversely KW will need to load the box to stop Clements off tackle and Bradshaw on jet sweeps and reverses. If Blevins heals and can pass that may be the difference. Also I would kick it in end zone, pop it up short or squibb to keep it out of Bradshaw's hands depending on what your kicker can do. People think all HS kickers can do all those type kicks like they see in the NFL but many can't. Should be a great championship game.
KW hasn't ran a single play under center all season, to my knowledge

Reactions: KWcavs360
King william was two drop passes and a holding call away from hanging 50+ points on central yesterday, I wouldn’t under estimate the cavs. KW essential shut down central’s run game minus one 46 yard run. Personally I think Graham will have to pass the ball very well next week, can they do that with a back up QB idk. I know both teams deserve to be in this game and it’s going to be close.
I don’t think anyone mentioned underestimating KW. A team doesn’t make it to Salem if they’re bad, lol. I don’t have a clue what Graham’s game plan will be but I do know they’ll have the boys ready and a plan in place. Graham is good at making adjustments. This staff will definitely not underestimate KW. I look forward to a great game between two deserving teams.
#GoGMen

Reactions: KWcavs360
This in no way a disrespect to KW, Central was a good “team”. Graham will be a different story. I can’t see Claiborne running wild against Grahams front 7, and if he doesn’t, I don’t think they can keep up with Graham.

Claiborne has the ability to turn nothing into something. Bradshaw for Graham has that same ability. Bradshaw has great hands and can beat you as a running-back or receiver. He has made some phenomenal athletic receptions this year and can beat you on offense, defense and special teams. I think the key to this game is what has already been mentioned. The QB play of Graham (which if Blevins is healthy, will be outstanding). The backup QB for Graham was in a battle with Blevins before the season started and was in a very close battle to be the starter and he very well may have been had he not gotten hurt early in the season. He is healthy now and could be plugged in at QB and Graham would be fine at that position. As others have mentioned, the loss of Blevins hurts the most on defense. He is a senior and a leader and I believe he will be on that field at starting QB, hurt or not. Even playing hurt these past 2 weeks, his presence is needed by the players on the field. They are confident with him at the helm. His arm will still be there, Graham has relied more on the running of Clements, Meadows and Bradshaw and it has worked out so far these past 2 weeks.

I haven't seen film on them as a whole...I've seen Claiborne's clips ...but I was speaking in general terms regarding opening up the box
Oh okay. Well they're 3 or 4 wide on every play. All four WRs have had big games this year. #9 Robinson and #5 Hayes are the two that get more attention, but #8 Southern and #3 Shelton are more than capable as well.

I hope we have a big crowd for the GMen! We need a lot of voices since no noisemakers are allowed! I personally see nothing wrong with cowbells, lol!
I thought it was allowed as long as it's not during a live ball. According to the handbook that what it says.

I thought it was allowed as long as it's not during a live ball. According to the handbook that what it says.
A few years back no cowbells, then the next year they let u bring them, so not sure, I know they usually search you at the gate

A few years back no cowbells, then the next year they let u bring them, so not sure, I know they usually search you at the gate
There were cowbells and air horns at the KW central game. No one was searching and no announcements were made about not being able to use them.

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT